Hisako Matchup Thread: Sabrewulf

exactly, some wulfs just make a habit of dash thru > throw to where its obvious what they’re going to do next. the pattern that has been consistent that ive spotted in mid level wulf players is they will do it twice, then actually strike you with the cobra kai sweep and then here comes another dash thru with a a light eclipse.

these wulfs i can consistently beat. influence grab on a dash thru just throws a wrench into their mindset lol, it makes them quit their ■■■■ and start striking more so i can counter “wtf, she can do that?”. advanced level wulfies, i wouldnt try it at all. i just mash out lp or cr.lp

Wouldn’t recommend mashing anything on your wakeup against an advanced Wulf. Any button like that will lose to a true meaty setup. :-/

1 Like

To boot, Hisako can’t combo off of her grounded light normals.

If you KNOW the meaty is coming you can always catch-counter it.

But I don’t think he was talking about Wakeup. I think he was referencing mashing lights on dash-thru. I usually just block (albeit leaving me exposed to a throw).

Ah. In my experience dash-thrus only come once you’re knocked down, and then they tend to be timed such that Wulf’s next action will be meaty. A dash through in neutral or near-neutral situation is generally pretty risky for Wulf.

Indeed. I’d say 80% or more of the times I attempt that (when I play Wulf) it doesn’t end well.

From what I’ve seen, Hisako can actually counter Wulf’s Mixups and frame traps. Now, does this apply during pressure? Like If Hisako is getting frame trapped or Dash through and Eclipse, can you poke Wulf out of it or Counter? It hasn’t happened a lot, but enough where I have to wonder.

Counter, yes. Poke out, probably not, unless the frame trap isn’t particularly tight. In which case it really isn’t much of a frame trap.

1 Like

advanced wulfs do the dash thru after a knock down. i just wait to block or tech the grab. my hisako play has gotten better,but i think im still playing “too fast”. i need to slow it down and be patient. this character goes against my habits of being an offensive player lol. i need to remember to chill my engine and just be a leaf in the wind amidst the chaos. patience is something i need to learn

1 Like

So Hisako is mostly a defensive character? LOL I kinda don’t do well with those characters, but I need to get out of my comfort zone of just Rushdown and Balanced characters.

1 Like

Hisako vs. Sadira the battle of the mind games. This is the one match that I play completely different. Lots of fakes and kunais galore… :smiley:

1 Like

Eh…I don’t actually think I’d say she is defensive. Hisako’s actually pretty mixup oriented overall, it’s just that you do need to learn to be patient and measured in your actions.

Going nuts will leave you without the resources you need to make things safe. Hisako is very strong offensively, but she really shines when you’re forcing the game to proceed at the pace you want. Which is a few ticks below “complete rushdown” I’d say.

1 Like

I’d say my Hisako is pretty offensive. (double connotation!)

Yes it is. My Jago takes Offense to Your Hisako not taking Endokukens to the face. :smile: XD

2 Likes

I’ll be creating the Sadira MU thread tomorrow! Going to spend some time getting familiar with her command list so I don’t end up being confusing (though, I’m going to lean mostly on your expertise with that thread, @STORM179 :slight_smile: )

1 Like