Gargos's Options on wake up?

I actually use Heavy Reckoning and instinct cancel into shadow command grab. It requires some frame knowlege but shadow grab is really fast…like almost Thunder fast.

Most characters you need a shadow bar these days to reverse someone. Gargos s.command grab, and his h.reckoning into instinct are his Best options, while his st.HK, and m.reckoning are upperbody invincible.

P.S. Grabs are a terrible way to pressure Gargos because a Gargos can just Devil’s Divide them Into Mix-up or up.Mk them into mix-up.

Gargos’ shadow command grab is inescapable post freeze but it’s 8-9 frames pre freeze.

Both of these are risks, though. Wake up Devil’s Divide and wake up jump both lose to everything that isn’t exactly a throw attempt or a block. And even jump loses to block against good players. (Not only can jumps be anti-aired on reaction but jump MP is unsafe on block)

Heavy Reckoning…but if it’s blocked you’re screwed.
If you opponent isn’t too quick on the draw medium Reckoning works as well.
Teching a throw sometimes gives you space, but only if they’re going for a throw.
You can sometimes pop instinct and power through…

Honestly the best method is prevention…zoning well typically keeps opponents from getting up close and personal.

“Blocking is 90% effective against everything. Use it wisely.”

Of course but grab-texes are real in KI some people fight instinct Gargos like he’s S2 Aganos with a grab storm. Otherwise if you read a grab then almost always go for DD. His standard is used by me mostly for space or when Izzik is out. However @Infilament dont forget a well spaced up.mp can phase over an opponent causing one of the weirdest cross ups ever. Did I say up.mk last time? 100% meant Jump Medium Punch.

You gotta press buttons over blocking sometimes because Gargos in certain movements can’t block or dash.

Well intant j.mp are both - on hit and block so…yeah…

I know everyone is obsessed with Ultimate safety in this game but my style of playing is based on imagination and mind games. It wont ever make me a top player but I make these characters look amazing lol.

Its unsafe yea, but tell that to the 67 players who get hit by two oe three insta-Up.Mp then get Grabbed and thrown into Izzik for a tag team Command Grab. :grin::grin: so fun!

Well he does have the second fastest instant overhead in the game.

Aganos first? Cuz nobody blocks my overhead with him either.

Yes