Bought DE digital edition, do I need to unlock gold skins?

Hey there
Trying to figure out if I’m doing something wrong
I bought the definitive digital edition and I can play as Golden god and argent shroud colored Gargos but not as any other gold skinned character

I can see the gold skins as an option but they are locked. I know the gold pack 2 was supposed to be free for DE owners and there was no extra code to unlock the Gargos skins for the digital edition.

Do I still need to level up those characters to access the skins? When I go to the app store it doesnt say I own the gold skin pack, ot wants to charge me the 5 bucks

Any help would be appreciated

If you have the Gargos color pack unlocked it should be “free” when you go to download it from the XBox store, beyond that I don’t know what’s up.

If you’re on Xbox, go to “Manage Game” and check the “Ready to Install” section. Since it’s not automatically downloading, it should be there.

1 Like

Thanks for the response
Yeah I did that yesterday and made sure every character and pack was installed but no luck on the gold skins

Maybe I have to ask MS support

I think you get Gold Pack 2 for free because of DE, you have to pay for the others.

There seems to be an issue with some DE owners not being able to access the gold skin pack #2 for free. People have been mentioning it on the Killer Instinct twitter account. I have the physical DE and it is charging the $4.99 in store for me as well. Not sure if I need to go to MS support or someone here as MS might not know about the promotion

Have you heard any update from the dev team on this?

No I haven’t I even chatted4 with Microsoft support and pointed them to the article on this site and they couldn’t help to redeem the gold skin pack #2 even though they see I redeemed the gargos skins. Not sure who we can even reach out to on this forum for help.