Anyone else having trouble trying to collect Character dossiers?

In my current run, I’m going for a long one. This time I’m using a few characters I’m more familiar with, so I’m more comfortable playing it a bit more on the edge (more common items, more common Guardians, less deploying, etc.). The most turns I’ve taken when I’ve done this type of run before is about 30 or so turns, this time I’m looking to beat that by a bunch. When I was just going for Gargos, I was keeping my turns to around 16-17. Getting to at least 50 turns on a serious run in Normal should be doable.

I don’t mind the character dossier drops so much as I’d like a very slight increase to the odds of a Skeleton chest dropping.

Pretty much. Gargos came on Day 66 for me but that was with a few unfortunate losses because of disconnections. Probably easy to get to day 80 with minimal use of the Shadoworm.

But does it worth it to run for so long? The more you delay gargos arrive more difficult the fight becomes and so, more resources you need to expend. Wondering if it’s not better to just play fewer matches on godlike instead.

I don’t think so, the drops come less often from what I could tell. I get tired by day 20 in my later runs and skip to fight only Omens and Gargos. I will have to do some kind of analysis to see whether its just better to speed run Godlike rather than prolonged runs on Normal.

I’m currently grinding some mimic skins with repeated normal runs. I only use deploys, and I try to fight only against Omen and Gargos. I will be interested in the future about grinding the dossiers, so knowing which is the best way to grind them is important for me

I already got mimmic skins for more then half of the cast and the ones that lacks are with a high count of kills. Deploying is the worst option to choose because in normal if you fight you can get better loot and you do not even need to use consumables. In normal you can fight from medium to hard matches with minimum resource spent and from easy to medium with no spend at all.

I can complete a run without using a single guardian or consumable.

I just skips until one Omen appears, I defeat him without using a single consumable/guardian, skip days until the next Omen, and repeat. If corruption is high in several zones before defeating all Omens, I try to deploy a pair of missions to lower it. I use Green guardians when I’m not confident about the deploy success.

When Gargos arrives, I only need to use one character, and to be sure, I equip him with Killer Serpent Guardian.

Each run is about 15 minutes, and I fight against 4 Omens and Gargos, nobody else. With the deploys, I get enough resources to feed the few Guardians I could use. I don’t see a faster way to achieve this.

1 Like

Well, what i did was:

1- I’ve started with the guests because the only way to get them is defeating gargos. Then i switched to gargos/omen for the same reason.

2- I make runs of 20 turns fighting the max amount of mimics that the game provided and skipping real fighters (except when they came for side quest missions). With that i could get an extra 40~50 kills per run.

3- My team atm is composed by the 3 ones that required 100 kills (wulf, bot and hisaki) so for each run i make i get lots of skins for them.

It may take a bit more time playing a run but it worths (imo), since it gives me lots of skin counts, astral gems, quest rewards form extra loot boxes, etc.

When I see a deploy against a mimic that I want, I go for it. Is faster than fighting
Example:
I have Aganos, never deploy against him. I don’t have Wulf, always deploy against him.
This takes me seconds instead of minutes.

This is what I was doing. I grinded out like 6 or 7 Mimic skins this way, and earned a decent amount of gems too. That being said, this method isn’t the best for getting dossiers, so in my current run I’m trying to fight more Mimics and get the turn county higher.

All in all, I can see the grind in front of me. Right now I’m using Tusk, Cinder, and Aganos, each of which need 75 Mimic kills to unlock their Mimic skins. Going through all the rounds and fighting all the Mimics may be the slow way to achieve this, but at the same time if I go the “boss rush” method, I may get the skins faster, but get probably none of the dossiers in the process.

I sort of really dread getting the Wulf, Fulgore, and Shago Mimic skins. They all require 100 Mimic kills. Ugh…

I’ve played through six times (currently on my 7th) and have no mimic skins yet, and tons of dossiers still left to unlock. I wasn’t expecting to get all of this stuff in a matter of a few weeks, but dang. The drop rate is SLOW.

Would be nice if IG followed the suggestion above and created items that increased dossier drop rates or perhaps drop rates for specific items like spirit cores, for example.

That’d be pretty awesome. :slight_smile:

IMO dossiers should be obtainable by:
-(Mid chance)Defeating that character mimic(Defeat Orchid to get Orchid dossier)
-(Low chance)Winning with any character(Use Fulgore, each victory grants you a chance to get Fulgore’s dossier)
-(High chance)Opening packs could reward you with dossiers. Every pack has chances, but better ones have higher possibilities. It’s a bonus, you don’t lose any content from the pack in exchange of a dossier(a 3 guardians pack will give you 3 guardians and MAYBE a dossier)

Just got all mimic skins but still lacking like 50% of all dossiers. I’ll try at godlike now to see how it goes.

Made 2 runs 18 turns, got only 4 dossiers each run and the challenge was very high. At least i got the last UAT labs one.

I don’t think difficulty level changes drop rate for the dossiers. It does affect types of items you get though, the level of items in terms of Common, Rare, Epic, or Killer. High turn God-like runs seems to be the only way to get the Killer Shadow Lord item.

There is a killer shadow lord item?? Well, i’m not sure if i wanna roll a long godlike run just for an item, if there was some guarantee that dossier drops would greatly increase at least, but without that i will stick on long runs in normal.

Yeah, apparently there is one.

So far I’ve only rolled on Normal for my legit runs, and I’ve gotten a few Rare SL items. I think the threshold is like 30 turns or something. Maybe one day I’ll run a challenging or Godlike run and see if I can get the Epic or Killer versions.

16 turns on Godlike, 1013049 points, Rare SL item. I imagine making it to 20 or 25 turns would do it because of how many points you earn per fight.
Someone’s gone 502 turns on Godlike :open_mouth: How?!?

Seems you are right. After trying to farm them at godlike and get very disappointed with the results i came back to normal and made a 41 turn run with my 3 better chars, got 1 dossier. After that i started to mix up chars that i don’t play that good and I’ve started to get more dossiers again on:

1- Especific missions of the chars.
2- Mimics i never fought with specific chars in the past.

Still, this may be some coincidence, omen dossiers still do not drop and some world dossiers are missing.

edit: I got all the dossiers from the militia and UAT robotics, to get tem you need to do the quests at least 3 times. For the Militia ones choose all 3 options from the last part of the quest, for UAT robotics you need to do it with aria and also fight in all 3 areas of the labs (you may get one using fulgore at labs 1). Now i just need the blood vampirism ones and the 2 gargos movies (I’ve already killed gargos with all buffs and no buffs but they don’t unlock i dunno why)

Craft the thing that increases world corruption, and just fight gargos. When that item pops up for me, I’m going to craft a few and see. Only Fighting gargos should be easy enough. With Odorous hearts being grindable there really hasn’t been a reason for me to craft yet, but I can prob do a run every 3-4 minutes if this works. Only thing that sucks is when Gargos has parry…