Any weaknesses?

I always say that Jago’s biggest weakness is whatever your strength is. This can apply to both the character and the player.

I’ll let y’all contemplate what that means among yourselves because I’m not sure I could explain it without looking silly. :stuck_out_tongue:

You mean @CHANCHULA ? This guy was at the top of the killer leader board for July.

It’s all about baiting him. Every time you get a hard knock down charge up your call of sky. What i like to do is stand right on top of him so that his dragon punch reflex kicks in. Then time a back dash and do triplaxe or ankle to come back in and combo his dragon punching arse. I use call of sky a lot and try to time it so i go through him when he does his kick. I also like to shamamish my way across half of the stage since it’s fireball immune hehe.

I think Jago still does have one weakness, his offense is still a bit straight forward. He is very susceptible to shadow counters and he needs to take a few more risks to steer clear of them. I feel like his best moves (like the Tiger Fury and double fire balls) are fairly big commitments.

Not necessarily a character weakness, but most Jago players stick to a particular game plan and can become easily read, thus easily shadow countered.

Also be weary of overhead into laser sword/or windkick. Bait DP’s, and always be weary of Jago player’s mix ups.

The best jago I’ve played online was H3ro of Time, he changed his game plan on the fly depending on my playstly.

He is the ONLY Jago that I struggle against in that MU. In fact… he’s the reason I made this post.

At the start of the match all he does is walk backward… & obviously as a Thunder main, I have to come forward. He catches my forward dash or walk with a random mid screen wind kick, then short combos to meter ender, & proceeds to back dash away from me…

At this point I’m roughly fullscreen away. This is where the fun really starts. It becomes an all out fireball fest. My job here is to walk him back into the corner & collect some close range spacing (Mind you, I am taking chip damage as this is happening.)

I could opt to use Call of Sky dash through, but activating it only seems to get me an over collection of big orange balls to the face… smh. :expressionless: Not only that… the fireballs also cancel my COS animation., which means it was redundant to even attempt activating COS to begin with.

It gets to the point where I become desperate and have to get in… He’s waiting for a DP to he can anti air my nuts off… He’s waiting for a jump in so he can block and punish with what seems like a barrage of non-telegraphic attacks… I’m lucky if I manage to get a semi decent combo in… Thunder is forced to play Jago’s game in this MU… & I personally feel like the MU is a little one sided…

Doesn’t call of sky activation destroy fireballs?

Yes, but there is timing appropriation involved. The COS start up is too slow to destroy his heavy fireballs. Even though COS is capable of doing that… it’s something that happens accidentally and shouldn’t be trifled with intentionally.

Oh, so that’s what I need to do? Dammit, I’ll just do that then!

Chan and I played a set yesterday: 20-0… not in my favor. I got close a few times, though!

1 Like

No, kidding. He pressured me with Endokukens the entire match, somehow he knew it would ware my patience thin. It did, for the first match. I came close to winning though… so close it hurt when I lost.

He is more than capable of winning the match of patience. But, I did notice he leans more towards the defensive rather than attack. So he WILL chip you out the entirety of the match. But, I’m no pro and I manage to get him to his very last bit of life by choosing not to play his game. Once I managed to get him opened, I let him try to chip me out before he was forced to get in, where I managed to DP him on jumps and crouching HK when he dashed.

He is tough no doubt. But Thunder does more damage, and I believe crossing him up with a few DP’s once in reasonable range will force him to close in, that is where you take control. There are plenty of tools that Thunder can use in the case of a defensive Jago, especially trip guarding him with Shadow COTE.

Hope that helped in some way.

1 Like