Aggressive Play V. Defensive Play

My defense is something I want to improve too. So I’m trying to base my game a bit more on this, along with other stuff. But sadly my last online experience …

was like this :arrow_down:

BTW, are shenanigans and gimmicks the same? They are boring…But part of the game

This also reminds me how bored I can get when the challenge is not giving me anything in return. I don’t care about points, I want my opponent to care about the match and play me. One of my last matches was a Riptor just jumping and doing tail flip all the time. It’s not that I can not beat him, but the match was soooo annoying that I didn’t even bother.
But sadly, that was practically my whole experience yesterday. Guys doing random crap or just not even good enough to be a challenge. I felt bad…And oh! The lag! XD That didn’t help either. It was quite boring, and then I fought a Sadira but the match got disconnected =( I’m not a fan of the character but it was actually the most interesting match I had, lol.

Yeap, lazy jumps should be AA with no exception. I mean, those jumps you can comfortable stop just using Jago’s or Omen’s HK alone. Then you have some characters with nice crounching HP AA and of course, a dp motion.
Another tactic clumsy players use, which I find completely stupid and annoying, it’s just cross jumping every single time and throw (soemthing lots of Jagos use, Rash is very good at crossing too). I now players that base their entire game on this, that’s their whole formula and it will never change. I don’t know if they can’t or just don’t care.

I don’t think it’s that these people don’t care or don’t evolve, but that if it works, it works. I know as a Sadira main, if somebody keeps allowing me to jump in and cross them up all the time, then that is exactly what I’m going to do. I they start reliably AAing me, then I will change tactics.

Some of my fav matches are against Jagos who know how to AA. I can’t just cheese my way to victory. I have to think about every single move, like a game of chess. Those are fun games for me.

I generally don’t like Rash fights because Rash feels like a character that can just do whatever, and you have to take it, because he’s either glitching or positive on just about everything. :frowning:

1 Like

One thing. Why does everyone think Rash is positive on everything? He’s not. He’s actually negative on most of his attacks. All his specials are at least. Ram charge, wrecking ball, boot, and tongue are all negative. It’s just really hard to react as it’s fast.

2 Likes

Well, the thing is with ram, I’m always hesitant to punish due to his shadow boot. But you are true that it can be punished, sort of like a shago surge divekick. Also, some people can’t consistently punish wrecking ball due to bad AA options. Still doesn’t make him less annoying tho

I don’t think you can these things for all players, many players jump and once you take that away from them, many of said players don’t know what to do. They don’t understand footsies and unsafe moves and will do weird things such as H. Wind kick mid range. Sure some will stop jumping but there are many that are as stubborn as a bull.

Also, there are some characters in which it’s difficult to consistently AA. Characters like Shago, Rash, Maya, Eagle and somwhat Sadira have options to change trajectory or cover their jump. It’s pretty difficult to perform.

1 Like