3.4 update very strange visual changes

On Aganos stage, you’re telling me that isn’t a glitch? Compared to how he looks on every other stage. You must be trolling.

If you get the chance, post a screenshot of the Maya example I stated so you can see for yourself that it is a lighting glitch.

Actually I’ll do it for you. Look, the same exact thing happens with Maya. It is a lighting glitch, her legs are a salmon color yet the stage lighting is green.

Here’s a side-by-side comparison of how the glitched skin looks next to his natural skin color.

2 Likes

I notice the lighting changes among the stages, I just wouldn’t label it, a glitch. I think they are trying to do what a lot of lighting effects do, and that is adjust character’s lighting, depending on the atmosphere. Look at the second Sabrewulf pic. It’s different than the first pic, cause he’s next to a light. The Agonos stage, is more of a bright sunny setting, opposed to the more gloomy look of the Thunder stage. It seems like they are trying to showcase that on to the characters. It could t be, they just don’t have the talent or skills, to do that successfully, or need a new engine.

2 Likes

Maybee it stands out more to some people than others. Tj and tusk both looked really weird to me on thunders stage too. Tjs arms were a completely different color than the rest of his body, and tusk who was in his default costume color 1, looked much darker than tj or anything else on the stage. Like he looked dingy like there was a black tint to his whole body. Especially his back.

Or maybe it’s as simple as it being a glitch. Maybe the implementation of mimic skins messed with his coding. And that Maya picture shows this can’t be intentional. Her upper body is a tan, bronze color while her legs are a pale salmon color. My friend, it is a glitch. I remember sometime back in season 2 Jagos lighting for his color 9 was also messed up on Aganos stage.

1 Like

Actually now that I look at it, the lighting clearly looks off on Aganos’ stage. It seems to have lost all trace of its shadow completely.

3 Likes

Salmon is an inaccurate descriptor for the color. I see it though, looks quite “white” too.

1 Like

blew whole budget wad on lighting only to ■■■■■ it all up = Priceless

3 Likes

Back in S2 I saw the same “Maya-bug” also on Orchid when using some accessories like http://i.imgur.com/BfRLHTn.png
The body was normal color while the head seems “differently shadowed”, I didn’t checked yet after 3.4.
I think they definitely changed something in general lighting, now whites seems much more white than before with different results based on stage/character/custom parts combination…problem is that there are so much combinations, it’s difficult to check all.
Metallic materials are still dark-bluish especially in Forgotten Grotto, and blacks are whashed out in Tusk’s stage (perhaps this is wanted), however they fixed black/red Gargos’s wings (which is cool).
Having some technical/grapic feedback in patch notes or textual stream would be cool, just to know if they noticed problems or not, or to know if they’re still working on graphical engine (ex. I pointed about Gargos wings many times without reply but luckily someone the staff noticed himself).

1 Like

Try picking jago and fighting against tusk on aganos’ stage. If it is not a glitch, or acccidental change to he visuals, then why does jago look like he’s completely bathed in sunlight and almost glowing, and tusk look completely normal like there’s no light shining on him whatsoever whether he’s on the shadowy side or the sunny side.

1 Like

The patch is awful all the way through. Multiple bugs everywhere. Lag spikes went up multiple notches. It’s awful. Nothing came of this patch.

1 Like

That would make a good mastercard commercial slogan LOL

Gargos has looked pretty bad on some stages for a while now. Specifically his color 8 where he’s a shiny almost wet looking blood red color, on some stages it just fogs it over and it looks much less awesome.

Don’t forget his supposed to be red feather wings being bleached with clorox either

1 Like

Another bad thing is astral plane being locked again when I had unlocked it in early access which was supposed to carry over. Now,I can’t beat it on challenging so I’ll never have that stage again. That’s a difffernt topic I know, but I’m extremely frustrated about that.

1 Like

This has been fixed with this patch. :thumbsup:

I like the new lighting system IG has implemented but, guys, It brought also a LOT of mess and every patch resolving a problem, opens another, I guess it’s really hard to handle.

2 Likes