The "GGs" Thread! (AKA The Enormous Matchmaking and Rational Beef Resolution Thread)

@MandrillManiac @STORM179 We can play lobby mode!

1 Like

Start the lobby up. I’ll be along shortly.

2 Likes

No problem

1 Like

GG’s to @MandrillManiac and @KevBones10 - was a lot of fun playing against you guys. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Your Jago is very tough, I’ve played! But still, that was fun!

GG goes out to @Painki11s. He’s been requesting a set with me for some time. and he finally got his wish, although I’m not so sure he felt the same way afterwards (16-1). Still, he said he learned a lot from the matchup, so that’s good, and on top of that he never openly got salty, which is also good, because that means he can keep his cool (which is ironically appropriate, since he was maining Glacius during our set) and is a good sign of good sportsmanship, which we could all use a little bit more of.

After I beat him 10-0 for the set, I offered him advice about the matchup. Using that, he was able to beat me after the 12th match, and although it was his only victory, the following fights did indeed get tougher for me, especially regarding his defense. He was blocking a lot more and using his grounded heavy normals to open me up. As long as he works on his mixups using hail and shatter and attempts to combo- and counter-break more, as well as punishing Aganos after a blocked natural disaster or ruin, as I have told him, I think his Glacius can go a long way.

You guys should give him a go, I think you would enjoy his company. :wink:

@GalacticGeek GGs!
I read a quote on twitter the other day, it said, “I never lose, I either win or I learn.” Im totally stealing it.

Truth is, with your feedback and the practice I managed to learn a good bit about a matchup that I rarely run into in ranked or exhibition, and that’s exactly what I wanted.

Thanks for all the nice words and yes, I would definitley love to play you, or anyone else, for more prolonged sets.

Also, GG to @SonicDolphin117 who I ran into and got absolutely hideously bodied by in ranked. Good fun.

1 Like

Anyone down for a set later tonight?

Me, me, me! I wanna do it! 
provided of course, my family that is supposedly visiting today (should’ve been here already, truth be told) doesn’t get in the way. :wink:

GG goes out to @fenderflix, who was struggling in ranked as a new killer and wanted to fight a good player that wasn’t mean - so he got me. Nearly 50 fights and his Kim Wu learned a lot. His defense was solid with impeccable blocking; he even knew how to properly use the grounded heavy normals against my Aganos. His only weakness that I saw was that he didn’t seem to take advantage of his dragon cancel when attempting to hit me with a combo that I blocked. If he had used the dragon cancel mid-combo, he could’ve gone in for a low attack and opened me right back up. Sadly, he never did it, even after I told him about it. He mentioned that he knows a lot of the tech and such - he just has trouble applying it. Once he does that, though, look out! He is most certainly a Kim Wu to be feared. :vulcan:

1 Like

GGs to you as well. Again, thank you for taking the time. Even though I was getting bodied in 80% of the matches, it wasn’t as frustrating as it may sound. Now I’m even more dedicated to get better :slight_smile:

Oh and btw, I was in Killer in Season 2 as well but it didn’t feel as if I could stand a chance so I was grateful for the rank reset. And now I feel like I at least somewhat deserve that spot. The next goal is to make it into top 1000.

Also, if anyone else is up for a few games just send me a message here or on XBL.

That’s actually easier than you think - play a couple of hours in ranked at the beginning of the next season (ranked season that is) and look at your standing on the leaderboards. Win or lose, it’ll be in the top 1,000 easy. I know because that’s what I saw at the beginning of this current ranked season - and I had lost like 10 matches out of 15. :wink:

Now, if you want to be in the top 1,000 at the end of the season, that’s a bit harder, but still not as hard as you might think.

My personal best so far has been the #95 spot on the leaderboards at the end of a season.

I’m talking about this month or rather the next one since there are just a few hours left. A couple of minutes ago I was at 1209. My last game was really insane and guess what, I won it because of a counter breaker combo that did 78%. Great feeling. No, Killer feeling! :smile:

Edit: And major shoutouts to the KI netcode, apart from that one disconnect and a few seconds of lag, that was a pretty solid connection between Florida and Germany :ok_hand:

I :heart: this comment.

Also, you’re from :flag_de:!?

GG’s to @Lecter2005 , he is DEDICATED to learning the Arbiter and has a nice Fulgore. He learns relatively fast too. He is a tech fiend (compliment), his grenade juggles are something to be feared. I’d like to see you use the medium and heavy normals more bro. it’s good to regulate the opponent. Also, take advantage of the overhead plus frames, you can jab with meaties because an unaware opponent will think it’s their turn.

2 Likes

Yes I am one of the few German players :wink: Or at least it seems as if there aren’t that many.

Thank you very much!

You are a great player!

2 Likes

Ggs to @Marbledecker and @BigBadAndy, really fun sets today! Even with my horrible english speaking, that was a really enjoyable sets of figths!

@Marbledecker @BigBadAndy and everyone else,it was a fun time.

3 Likes

GGs guys! Sorry I had to run so abruptly but I had to go get my car worked on. My best friend is a mechanic and he called so I had to leave like right then. Anyways
got my AC back running in my car so thats good!

Im ready for the next one!

2 Likes

Yeah, good games to @Marbledecker @Sasuke99I @FallofSeraphs76 @MandrillManiac and @Dayv0. I had a great time and I hope you guys all did too.

Sorry to the folks who had technical issues and/or got dropped from the lobby.

3 Likes