Tekken 7

Well folks, looks like our prayers have been answered! As Tekken 7 was announced in the EVO 2016 lineup, there was a surprise trailer! And it’s no other than the blonde bomb herself…NINA WILLIAMS!

Overall, she looks pretty gorgeous and deadly in her new wedding dress outfit…Hm, I wonder if this new outfit has something to do with the story…? (Look out, Steve Fox!)

Here’s to hoping we can see more fan favorites return in the game! :grinning:

I used to play Tekken when I wasn’t as much into fightinggames as I am today. I haven’t really played it ever since but with Tekken 7, that might change. I’ll be picking it up for sure. The game looks very good and a lot of fun.

I’ve never been any good at Tekken, but I am beginning to just collect fighting games in general. I will definitely pick this up. Have they announced a release date yet?

That Stage is amazing!
The buildings and the backdrop, monorail and helicopters-

Nina herself looks amazing, Namco is awesome.
Reminded me of Ivy from Soul Calibur at the end

That’s cool. Now, the only thing we have to do is wait for Localization, but that won’t happen until 3247. :laughing:

I’m still waiting for Jun Kazama to return!

A brand new trailer has been uploaded on the official Tekken channel! This trailer pretty much shows the new features of the Fated Retribution update. Go take a look at the video below!

So these are my thoughts:

• When Akuma was initially revealed, I was a bit skeptical on how he would play, whether it was pure SF style, pure Tekken style, or mixed. The last guess was right, whilst this is Tekken, he’s got the spirit of Street Fighter. It even has the SFIV Super Bar! :grinning:

• We already saw the new costumes of Asuka, Bryan, Leo, Xiaoyu, Feng, Lili, Dragunov, and King in the intial reveal, but not yet the rest (excluding Law, Lars, Jin, Yoshimitsu, Kazuya, and Heihachi), who are Alisa, Hwoarang, Paul, Steve, and Devil Jin.

• Alisa looks beautiful and cool. Paul’s got his biker outfit more badass. Steve makes him look like a legendary boxer. Devil Jin amuses me though, he looks like someone you would see in…ugh, I can’t even explain it. And Hwoarang looks COOLER!!! :scream:

• So it appears there’s a new way to use your Rage when you’re almost out of health, other than the Rage Art. Looks like players will find new tactics for that.

• The new customization items, not gonna lie, looks great and funny at the same time. Let’s see, we got a cute-looking Josie, a Tekken 1 Prototype Jack-esque Jack-7 with a deer’s head attached, and how could we not forget Akuma with a rubber ring and snorkel? Heck, Heihachi wearing his tiger jacket with a halo accompanied by NEMO WITH A HALO is far more than that… :laughing:

So yeah. What are your thoughts, folks?

1 Like

I’ll be really curious to see how many more characters are put in to the game before, and then launch with the actual console release. Also curious to see how they’ll handle DLC and what the cost will be of characters, outfits, and all of those little outfit items like the snorkel and what not. Will a lot of this stuff come in packs, be available for purchase individually, or will this stuff all be unlockable in-game?

At the very least, I’m sure they’ll go for broke with DLC characters. I’m sure that when all is said and done, it’ll be the biggest Tekken game ever character-wise. So if it only launches with 25-30 characters, we could be in for a lot of DLC, which kinda makes me nervous.

A game that used to cost $60 and give you all the characters plus plenty of outfit options and what not could easily cost two or even three times as much if they decide to monetize everything. Has there been any word on that yet? I’m guessing no.

Either way, I’m still psyched for the game and can’t wait until they announce a release date for home consoles. I know it’s supposed to be 2016, so I guess we’ll see. Maybe they show off the console version at E3 in preparation for a Fall release?

Tekken 7 looks pretty good

4 Likes

Look at him jab, and that FOOT WORK! Kuma’s gonna be a beast in T7!!

Seriously though, I lol’d. Thanks for that! :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

I played Tekken 6 for a while, and I think I played Lily decently.

If she doesn’t make it in as a playable character, my odds of picking up T7 are pretty low, considering I played 6 long before I got to experience KI.

LOL that tuna commercial. I actually remember seeing an edited version of this commercial in YouTube which had lifebars and Tekken thrown into it, too bad the channel that uploaded this was gone…

1 Like

Lol! I didn’t expect that shuffle and back kick

When are we getting Tekken 7? It seems very hype. It’s a series I’d want to get back into. I just hope Akuma is all consoles, but knowing Capcom, is probably PS4 Restricted…

It will be like MK9, Where they got Kratos…:frowning:

I think it will be on PS4!

I know there’s a few characters on there I’d like to try
There’s one female that fights with a tiger it even has a tiger uppercut lol

Is there anything on Jun Kazama? Please!

I really think Harada had the right idea of reducing the roster but he got rid of too many great characters. TBH, if he excluded all the Tekken 2 bonus characters (with the exception of Armor King) and Julia Chang, the game would have enough characters and not too many in my opinion at least

Personally, I would’ve liked to have seen somewhere around 25 characters from past games and then ten new characters. Maybe add in another five new or returning as DLC.

My original 25 would’ve been:

Kazuya Mishima
Paul Phoenix
Heihachi Mishima
King
Nina Williams
Jack 7
Yoshimitsu
Lei Wulong
Bruce Irvin
Bryan Fury
Jin Kazama
Hwoarang
Forrest Law
Julia Chang
Ling Xiaoyu
Christie Montiero
Craig Marduk
Steve Fox
Asuka Kazama
Feng Wei
Lili De Rochefort
Raven
Sergei Dragunov
Miguel Caballero Rojo
Zafina

PC Requirements are here

damn, I was sharpening my teeth for this game but idk if I can run it at 60…

Anyone tech enlightened mind sharing some predictions about UE4 optimizations? Does this engine allow for some .ini tweaks?