Stage Ultra Announcement

Because it already has a name. Stage Ultra.
Calling them No Mercies all of a sudden would just anger the community even more.

1 Like

Exactly, using an existing name would only serve to confuse players.

Give no mercy a new meaning then.

I think the STAGE ULTRAAA sounds pretty bad, but I like the description. I say remove “Stage Ultra” and keep the “Banished” “Cratered” “Rekt” etc.

Yeah, no.

The announcer uttering the word “stage” is a lil forth wall breaking, like in a bad way.

3 Likes

Why not? No mercies haven’t been around for years.

I don’t think using any existing term from a KI game in a way other than it has been in the past would anger people, a no mercy is a finishing move in KI 1 & 2. Those games are still played thanks to the Xbox one, honestly I think a new term would be a lot more reasonable.

Because it is a completely random and unnecessary thing to do.

1 Like

There’s nothing wrong with the concept. It’s how it sounds that’s terrible.

3 Likes

Perhaps

You don’t see why, do you?

Let’s make a metaphor…
You have an apple… yes, I like apple metaphors.
Suddenly, some day, someone says “Hey… why not call the apples for pears now? Pears haven’t been a thing for some time, so let’s rename apples into pears. It just sounds better.”

… Come on… It sounds like something people who are severely stoned would say.

1 Like

It can be. A pear is a fruit. It has it’s seeds, it grows on trees. Much like how sage ultras are essentially fatalities.

Yeah, no.

You just don’t wanna ■■■■■ with tradition.

“Stage” Ultra. Very extremely redundant (see what I did there?) It’s like watching a zombie movie or the walking dead and having the characters refer to the living dead as zombies.

I am all for innovation and being progressive. Taking the name from one thing and sticking it on something else is neither. It is uncreative and just plain old stupid.

1 Like

Not everything needs to be original.

Something we can agree on, but I bet it is for two completely different reasons.

I͙m͙ S͙I͙N͙C͙E͙R͙E͙L͙Y͙ l͙a͙u͙g͙h͙i͙n͙g͙ h͙o͙w͙ w͙e͙ w͙e͙n͙t͙ f͙r͙o͙m͙ a͙ h͙u͙g͙e͙ t͙o͙w͙n͙ m͙e͙e͙t͙i͙n͙g͙ o͙v͙e͙r͙ l͙e͙v͙e͙l͙ e͙n͙d͙e͙r͙s͙ t͙o͙ t͙h͙i͙s͙ c͙o͙u͙n͙t͙y͙ f͙a͙i͙r͙ s͙o͙u͙n͙d͙i͙n͙g͙ a͙n͙n͙o͙u͙n͙c͙e͙r͙ t͙o͙n͙e͙ o͙f͙ ‘S͙t͙a͙a͙a͙a͙y͙y͙y͙y͙g͙e͙ U͙L͙T͙R͙A͙a͙a͙a͙a͙h͙h͙h͙h͙!’

‘C͙R͙E͙A͙M͙E͙D͙!’

L͙M͙A͙O͙