Please for the Love of God make the Vampire Male

Modern suit would be nice

1 Like

I agree with a lot of what you say, and I agree that having the LGBT community represented more so would be great. A trans character isn’t represented much in fighting games, and to see more would be welcome.
However, I thought this was a discussion of Ideas, even if we are not keen on certain ones. I really don’t want a monstrous vampire, but that doesn’t make it a bad idea, nor am I going around saying the idea is crap. I am a fan of Twilight, and I would like my vampire to behave somewhat like they do in the series, as they are OP vampires.
Everybody gets to bring up their ideas, or vampire characters they like, and then discuss what they want, but as soon as someone brings up twilight, they insult it, or they ask the poster were they joking.
Twilight is just as valid as others.

I disagree. I do not think Twilight is just as valid. I am no fan of the series and I find the way vampires are represented in the series is truly bad.

However, I do believe anyone’s opinion is valid. I might disagree with you, but I will defend every right you have to your opinion. And I would never undermine you as a person to have your opinion. There’s a certain difference, and I hope you can understand that.

When I say Twilight is crap, I am only criticizing the media, NOT the people who like it. However, some fans take offense when something they like recieves negative critique, taking it personal… I understand the notion, because it is something they love, and having someone else not loving it and saying negative things about it can indeed feel hurtful. But understanding that it isn’t personal and accepting that there are people who disagree with you are the first steps to have a decent and constructive conversation about it.

You are thinking too far into it. It isn’t personal. You and me are cool as far as I’m concerned. You did sort of undermine the ones who do like it, because you insulted the idea and series. You also just said that it isn’t as valid. I meant that in the context of all sources of inspiration or personal tastes are valid, not that all the media is equal in quality. That is subjective. I just wanted equal respect, say you don’t like it, then fine, we can discuss this without saying unnecessary things such as so and so is crap or “are you joking?”.

All I want is respect and civility, or at least tolerance.

1 Like

Well, I don’t think that all sources of inspiration are valid. But that has nothing to do with the person addressing them, only the source itself. And whatever colourful way I describe my opinion is never meant to target the ones addressing them.

So… sorry if you find any sort of offense from it, but like I said, it has nothing to do with my opinion of you.

##Dramatic shift in thread, agree to disagree.

1 Like

He’s the best. Sharp precise and a werewolf vampire!

Muay thai fighter fights his way into collecting enough money winning tournaments to pay for a sex change surgery.

It’s already the plot of a movie (and based in real life)

Beautiful Boxer (2003)

5 Likes

Yeah Kung Jin is handled fine. They made it nice and subtle, they didn’t make his whole personality and story around that. As for Bruce Banner and Widow, well even in the movie Bruce is shocked when he learns that Steve and Widow shared in playful banter. Like come on man, at least build a meaningful relationship before making it so that both characters want to run off.

Huh.
[URL=http://s402.photobucket.com/user/poundsdwayne47/media/The%20More%20You%20Know/nbc_the_more_you_know.jpg.html][/URL]

2 Likes

You guys still aren’t getting my point… How do we know LGBT isn’t being represented? Maya might be trans. Jago might be homo. Maybe the heterosexual trope is the one that isn’t being represented. But because this is a game about fighting, those irrelevancies aren’t spelled out. Pointing out that TJ Combo is hetero, for example, adds nothing to the game.

1 Like

Can we stop talking about LGBT in this thread?.. This thread for vampire.

##MUHAHAHA!

The Vampire could be like Dio, the guy in your avatar, who is bisexual. Dio would sleep with whoever, as long it satiates his desires. That would also make sense for the Vampire who would seduce and draw blood from whoever stands in his way.

And if you don’t believe me about Dio:

“Araki personally considers Dio to be technically bisexual. He remarked that Dio can and will openly offer himself to either sex using any method, as long as the person suits his present desires.”

I already know he’s bisexual and I don’t care about that. But Dio is not transgender… Some bisexual people like sex with women than men. If gay or lesbi@n join future KI and you will happy about that. What about deaf characters? Why there no deaf in video games? But I didn’t complains about deaf in KI. You want gay character in fighting game? Go to MKX and play Kung Jin.

Oh gee golly whiskers, Batman! He sure got me there! XD
But no, I’m not going anywhere.

A deaf character would be cool, not alot of handicapped characters shown in fighting games, other than if they have lost some sort of limb and replaced it with cyborg parts, like Jax from Mortal Kombat, for example. But it could be neat indeed. We’ve seen blind fighters though, like Kenshi, also from Mortal Kombat. Pretty cool character, imo.

If deaf character join KI and I don’t want deaf character get cochlear implant and talk. Only sign language! To be honestly, video games had many LGBT, but why you want another gay in games? Why not they put deaf characters in games? I just notice no one who deaf characters in video games! NO ONE. I’m not try to rude you and LGBT. That’s enough for LGBT in games. Can you imagine whole KI characters are gay? You will like it?

Why… Can’t we all just get a loan.

Of course I would! I LOVE Killer Instinct! So having a character in there that represents something I am, along with many others, would be awesome!

Another reason why I would like it is because, like I said, there are still people around the world who looks down on LGBT+ people and are treating them like lesser human beings because of it. There are places in this world where being LGBT+ is enough to be arrested or killed. Even in the US where it isn’t illegal, there’s still people who kill LGBT+ people just because they are just that!

So when seeing a media I like take that step forward to represent LGBT+ in their media, it touches my heart. Because it shows me that the people behind the media don’t see someone like me as a lesser person just because of what I am, and that means I can safely support those people by supporting their media.

It’s the same with racism. Racism is still a big issue in large parts of the world, the US included. It may not be as bad as it once was, but it is still a problem and there are people who are killed just because they have a different skin-colour.

So, when someone says “Why need an LGBT+ character in the game? It doesn’t matter!”, they could just as well have said “Why need a black character in the game? It doesn’t matter!”. And it could also be replaced with “Why need a female character in the game?” Do you know how incredibly offensive that is? Do you know how hurtful that is? It is basically telling people who are LGBT+, or of another skin-colour or gender, that they don’t matter and shouldn’t be represented in a game.

Fighting games are all about variation and representation of people and fighting styles all over the world! In KI’s case, the focus is on different tropes and archetypes of pop-culture icons, such as a Warrior Monk, a Military Babe, a Werewulf, a Dinosaur, a Ghost, a Robot, a Mummy (#notamummy), etc etc etc. So why would LGBT+ people be left out? There are tons of tropes within that area that could be used in a fighting game, and some are already represented in other fighting games.

ALL this said though… I do not want a character who is all about being “the gay guy” or “the transgender”, because that’s not what it’s about! Like the characters I’ve mentioned before:

• Poison from Street Fighter is transgender… but her character is about being a former gang-member who became a Wrestling Manager for Hugo, and later joined in on the fight to find other potential clients!
  • Kung Jin from Mortal Kombat is gay… but his character is about being a thief, because his cousin who provided for his family, Kung Lao, was killed, and later he joined the Wu Shi Academy to become a warrior monk, like his cousin was.
  • Dio JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure is bisexual… but his character is about being this great evil Vampire who wants to do everything in his power to get what he wants! (Could be potential inspiration for a Vampire character in KI!)

The colour of a character’s skin, the origin, the profession, the sexuality, the gender etc… All that is just parts of what makes a character awesome! Just like a real person, we all have multiple facets of ourselves that all make up who we are.

A Vampire just being a Vampire for the sake of being a Vampire will be an incredibly one-dimensional and boring character! Building up a good character design means you have to think of all these things… Where does he come from, why does he want the things he want, what happened to him in the past, who is he and how did he become that person, etc!

So yeah… it does matter.
Phew, that was a long post… I think I’ll go play some KI2 Tusk now…

3 Likes

I thought it was pretty much accepted that Orchid was trans? Max talked about it on stream way back when the game first came out.