Mods for PC version?

b-b-b-…my kawaii hisako

For some it’s the difference between continuing to play the game or not.

2 Likes

I don’t…understand the logic… behind that…

2 Likes

I understand, and it’s an opinion. But if mods are the only thing that will keep someone here, they may not have a long future with this game.

1 Like

I understand it. Honestly, I think it’s the only reason I’m still interested in SFV, but KI is a different story. Hard to not love the best fighting game out there.

Speaking of which, I dropped a line to the other SF modders to see if anyone has tried, or has interest in trying, to mod KI. I’ll let you know if I get anywhere.

Ok, well that was fast.

This was moddah’s reply:

The windows store.
I’m personally boycotting it and anything related to UWP (Universal Windows Platform).
Here’s an artical from Durante, the creator of GeDoSaTo that summarize everything wrong with it: http://www.pcgamer.com/why-pc-games-should-never-become-universal-apps/

1 Like

Who is this?

A moderator, and one of the main SF modders over at http://w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/forum/4227545/
His tutorials are what got me started in SFV modding.

1 Like

Oh ok.

Pcgamer? Puh-lease. It’s just a giant PC Master Race circle jerk. If UWPs become less stringent, people’s only complaint will be that it’s a Microsoft product. Even then, most of them use a Windows OS.

1 Like

There also seem to be a lot of conflicting comments below the article, so I guess I still don’t know what the main problems are. However, if we haven’t seen any mods in KI by now, sadly there must be a good reason for it.

If I wasn’t such a bad artist, I’d give it a shot. The problem is, my stick figures are even deformed.

At this point, art really doesn’t even have to be part of it. If someone can just export a character model from another game, and import it into KI to learn the technical side of properly extracting and compiling the files, it’d be a start.

Unfortunately, I’m already working on compiling all the frame data for each character, and practicing for EVO.

I’d really love a Nightwing mod for Orchid OMG

Heh, I got a lol out of this. The irony that they’re defending the sanctity of the goddamn Win32 platform of all things still utterly bewilders me.

1 Like

Is he still alive?

1 Like

4 months later…

snore

1 Like

Guys i know what happened to him. He went on a whimsical time travel adventure and unfortunately when he tried to return to our time something went wrong and he got stranded in the past.

If that were true, depending on when in the past he was stuck, he’d still be here to answer. Time isn’t as linear as we think it to be.