Killer Instinct Season 3 Details

Got sources for me? I am only asking because that would help me better explain what you saw/heard. I don’t believe we have made any mention of extra anything outside of Ultimate Source’s figures.

Well, most things in KI are exaggerated to appear more badass. Tusk’s sword is no exception.

Of course. I simply do not like this bit. There’s things I do like too about him.

1 Like

Actually, now that I’m rereading the post which wasn’t anything official to begin with, I believe he was referring to Rash’s new colors that we haven’t seen before. Awww, I got my hopes up for nothing :sweat:

Boy it’s a good thing that I don’t have to look at Tusk’s face while I’m playing as him lmao

Still, he looks very fun. Great little burst of content. Can’t wait for the 29th!

Tusk kinda reminds me of Max a little. lol

TUSK
Tusk seems to fit as a “Brawler”. When I see him in action, I can see many similarities with Bane, from Injustice.

Bane had a mechanic, venom, which allowed him to get amor in some of his moves. Tusk’s deflecting moves look a lot like this. Once you started to fear Bane’s specials and respect them, he has his command grab to open you, dealing great damage. Tusk works a lot in this plan: if you start to fear a “trade”, leading to hit for him due deflecting the attack, and once you start not pressing buttons, he can command grab you or start his High/low offensive.

Really don’t know what to think about this. It’s like Armor 2.0 : stops opponent animation, doesn’t take damage, can lead to combo(via linking normals, situational)… I feel that Aganos armor feels outdated by this, but it’s too soon to say.

ARBITER

Arbiter seems like a hybrid between Aganos, Glacius and TJ.
Limited resources(carbine, grenades) and a way to ignore some short of zoning(overshield) like Aganos
Long range specials and normals, like Aganos and Glacius
A special that forces you to block(grenade) like Cinder, and leads to good juggling potential and flip out resets, like TJ

I think he will do OK against zoners, but will struggle against characters like Wulf or Hisako.

I love the desing of both characters, both in appearance and gameplay. Really want to see Gargos already!!!

maybe for readability reasons

Hype is super real right now~!!

Strangely feels like a Friday instead of a Tuesday for some reason lol

As for Tusk

he’s a f’in wrestler I don’t care what you guys say :joy:

1 Like

It isn’t an improvement, it’s something different. Armor is passive and is there to protect you even without you needing to do anything. Deflect isn’t something you’re going to plan, and you’re committing to an attack, but if the timing is right it can work like armor. It looks like if you’re one frame too early or too late with your move the opponent will hit you without any problems, and stop you in your tracks like any normal character,

1 Like

Wow, this has been an exciting morning!
I love most of what I’m seeing. Tusk’s body and animations and move-set and such are amazing. I love his glowing hot sword.
Kim and Arbiter look great. Rash is retarded but he looks fine. (Please no more guests, btw.)

I’m going to mention the things I’m not 100% happy with:

Tusk’s face. I was not one of those complaining about Kim’s face. I thought her face looks fine. With Tusk, the problem isn’t that his face looks poorly done or anything. He definitely looks like a very Caucasian Viking. Indeed, if they had named this character “Eric” and called him a new character, I’d say "Oh cool! A new character who’s a Viking! He looks perfect!"
In other words, my gripe is that he doesn’t look like Tusk, if that makes sense. Tusk was both blonde and dark complected. New Tusk looks too fair complected, pale-eyed, elderly and gap-toothed in my opinion. (These are not inherently bad features, just not features I would ever associate with Tusk.) Right now I’m presuming that this is just the direction they chose for the new Tusk and I can accept that. IG likes their characters to have strong ethnic identification. And they probably figured if he’s been around a while, he should at least look around 50 years old. I don’t like him looking so old, but it’s really more sad than game-breaking. I don’t think they’ll fix it, so I’m trying to get used to the idea. But a younger face with dark eyes could have completely changed my impression.
So what I’m dealing with now is that my favorite fighting game character of all time, Tusk, might not appeal to me as much as I hoped. When I look at him, I don’t see Tusk. I see a stranger. Once again, this is 100% because of his aged face and light eyes. His body and move-set are actually very much Tusk. Well done on that front!

If I may make a suggestion, please, for the love of KI, for his retro give him a face no more than 30 years old. Give him his intimidating Kahl Drogo eyes, dark eyes/eyebrows, and face markings. You could turn my impression around and rekindle my love for the character by simply doing his retro properly.

My other complaint is rather mild. The new Shadow move graphics.
The old shadow effect, with its psychedelic twisting and swirling, was an eye-catching, graphically impressive effect. When I first saw it I thought "Wow, such a cool detail! And we get to see it all the time!"
The new shadow effect (just a simple purple cloud) looks graphically simplistic in comparison. Not as eye-catching. It feels like a downgrade. If KI had been on the xbox 360, I imagine its shadow effects would have looked a lot like this “new” shadow effect.

But other than those two minor points, I’m blown away by how good S3 looks!

yes.

HATE the new Shadow Effects.

The previous Shadow Effect is my favorite FX in any game. New one is garish and loses the concept of being literally a shadow of yourself fading slowly into the air with a nice grading trail. The idea of a toggle in the options menu would be EXCELLENT. Let people that care about the plot reason use the garish purple effect and let us who were disappointed in S1 and S2 story and no longer care about Isgreen’s plot keep our original Shadow Effects.

Love how Tusk’s gameplay looks, hate how his design looks. Generic Elder Scrolls NPC is not what I expected. Hope his retro is good (not sure if it will be - Maya, TJ, Thunder never got their original outfits), otherwise I won’t be playing him (same way I don’t play Bo Rai Cho in MK despite it looking fun to play).

Tusk and Kim Wu need new faces. Stat.

Arbiter looks fun as hell and his armor sparkling looks nice. Wish he didn’t say anything, though. Lack of Keith David and the whole “amalgam of various Arbiters” thing is as big a cop-out as Nicole in DOA4 instead of Master Chief. It’s a cheap excuse.

So… Where is the new lighting engine that is supposed to make up for the lack of stages? I’ve seen Kan-Ra’s, Tusk’s, Kim Wu’s and Arbiter’s stages and none of them stood out as being good enough to justify missing FIVE STAGES. Should’ve kept the old lighting.

Are we getting a cinematic story mode to make up for it? I think they dropped the ball with Shadow Jago - Omen - Aria - Aganos - Kan Ra… Where everyone in the forums had more interesting ideas and better-written speculation than what we got in the game (not to mention the trailers being better than the in-game cutscenes).

I hope season 3 delivers. So far it’s the same as S2, gameplay looks great, but presentation, graphics, PR and story still disappoint (there are still promises from season 1 they haven’t fulfilled, also).

1. Music - Tusk, Arbiter, Kim all disappoint.
  2. Graphics - Tusk and Kim need their faces fixed.
  3. Shadow Effects need a toggle so we can choose old version.
  4. Waiting for justification for only 3 stages.
  5. Kudos on Tusk and Arbiter gameplay.
  6. Eyedol needs to be back, and with classic retro.
2 Likes

I don’t remember any Elder Scrolls characters wearing cargo pants. XD

1 Like

Question:

I’m sharing an Xbox One with my roommate so we purchased everything in 1 account, but I have a Gaming PC say I want to use the purchased KI in my PC while he plays KI on XBOX ONE (With the same account) would that be possible? Or is it a No-no?
Cheers! And thanks for making an awesome fighting game!

1 Like

Tons of info and vids to go along with it. Thx @rukizzel, Tusk looks good, just can’t get behind Rash though. Not completely on board with the changes to shadow moves though. I like addition of color but I miss the after images. Kim, fantastic as always :). The release date is about what I expected except I would’ve preferred Monday. No worries though I’ll just use two vacation days for a four day weekend. Gotta go to work soon so post is a bit choppy srry. Kudos for the mini Tusk stream @TheKeits .

I presume their faces will be polished more before the 29th. I just wish they hadn’t made Tusk look so old. I have felt a connection between old and new iterations of all the classic characters… Except Tusk. Facially, the new Tusk is unrecognizable. He’s so close to being remade wonderfully.
Face ruins it.

I’ll be honest, I’m loving all the new lighting so far…except for Riptor’s stage

To me it looks…washed out, and that’s pretty much my only complaint about it. I hope they add more contrast to make it darker and more appealing in terms of colour. Other than that, I’m hyped as f**k for Season 3

I’m worried that we’ll get those bugs from S2 back

Poor Rash, having to pose on Riptor’s stage.

2 Likes