Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition CONFIRMED

It has concept art, all season soundtracks, Character bios and man is eyedols amazing!!!, stage bios and much more!

1 Like

So now that its released, any plans to actually do right by LOYAL customers who supported you since day one and allow us to somehow purchase the extra stuff without having to rebuy the entire game again?

1 Like

Honestly wouldn’t read that as more “guests” specifically. This is good sign (to me at least) I really want them to go nuts with the characters. ##giantchicken4KI

You’re right but it certainly suggests they would be open to it. For what it’s worth I completely agree with them. KI characters may even be closest to cheap, off brand knockoff toys you find in a drug store. The game has always had a bit of tongue in cheek but still been able to make these characters awesome, the way my kids think all their junky toys are awesome. As long. As they keep doing that they will be just fine.

Not the nicest way to say it lol but yeah pretty much. Which is why I’m confused about people kicking and screaming about guest, Silly costumes, and how everyone isn’t super serious. lol.

Yes I love that they included all the music!
And the artwork of character concepts just makes me wonder why they didn’t have a bonus costume for each character as a nice wrap up :frowning:

I’d love to see maybe the 1st concept alt

Otherwise I’m scrolling through everything now

Always wondered what those backgrounds which were so small really looked like. Stages are the stars

I actually love jagos concept stage more

OMG a new KI main theme!
@rukizzel@developers Kim Wu trailer is missing from the DE trailer section

5 Likes

Just wondering- my 50% off ultimate source figure coupon will work for Orchid figure right

I’m honestly hoping it’ll work for Spinal…he’s gonna be an expensive one.

2 Likes

Is that a coupon that comes with the DE disc? Somehow I hadn’t seen that before… Seems like a smart cross promotion.

Edit: also, is it possible to set any of that concept art as a UI background etc on X1? Even if you need to just take a screen capture and use it that would seem pretty appealing to me…

1 Like

It is, but I also saw Ultimate Source gave out the code on twitter.

Yes I have faves from the DE Some are actually very good captures.

I really love the unused concept of Kim’s stage and Jagos stage.
Sabrewulfs alternate stage concept is f in fantastic, it’d be amazing for Mira.
I’ll let that be a surprise

It really is a worthy purchase, even though most of us have all 3 seasons.
If I were on the art direction team, I’d have included the ultra fan book page by page for viewing as well. I thought it was promised that the online version would have been constantly updated…

1 Like

How do we get platinum gargos? Also in the stage concept art there’s one that looks like a unused stage.

Platinum gargos comes with the gold gargos skin

3 Likes

Yup, when you put in the code it calls it Gargos color pack or something like that. They both come together.

I wish the de had gold tone outfits for all characters… Just the clothing not the skin…

Maybe an ultra super duper definitive edition

1 Like

Since they’ve used up just about every other form of KI-related awesomeness preposition they could ever likely use my guess is if they make another one it’ll be called the Godlike Edition.

After that? I dunno…ultra special championship turbo 4K XL remix revival: the new challengers 3rd strike fight for the future…melee?

1 Like

Y’all remember SFIV, Super SFIV, SFIV Arcade, Ultra SFIV??? Lol 4 versions!, we should get a 4th season :wink:

2 Likes

My mommy got me a present, guys! :smile:

Hopefully it works

6 Likes

Nice! I hope my mom will give me Jojo mangas for my birthday! Lol

1 Like

Update: Apparently everything works, no issues so far. :smiley:
Like the making of stuff, love the concept art (especially for the stages. I may be one of the “stage beggars”, but I can certainly see why they cost so much. The people who design the stages deserve whatever they get paid for them and then some :heart_eyes: Hopefully the future holds more of these).
And having the entire KI soundtrack at my finger tips? It’s pretty damn neat.

I actually like the Golden God skin more than I thought I would. And Argent Shroud also looks really great.

I’m pretty happy with my purchase. Hopefully it helps the future of this game. :slight_smile:

1 Like