Just my opinion...!

How exactly do you think casual players who will look at Season 3, see its got cool new characters …then realise its got 5 less stages feel about things? That’s the headline facts and it will damage the reputation of season 3 for people looking in.

I’m totally ok with guest characters attracting new players, but I’m not blinded by KI love to be ok with less stages and people offering to pay for more DLC because the publisher knows it can exploit fans. That is how people will start to view KI if there’s more “community funding DLC”.

No wonder MS are so community focused when it’s full of people totally ok with content being taken out and (potentially) added back in for more money later. I’d rather there be 3 stages and that be the end of it than for KIs reputation being destroyed like that.

2 Likes

I’m honestly surprised at how much people dislike guest charecters as if their very presence in the game diminish the “purity” of the game. Guest charecter can bring so much money for a game it’s crazy. In mortal Kombat you could literally fight a AVP fight. That’s mind boggling crazy in an amazing way. HOWEVER There is a good way to do guest character and a bad way to do them. Having 2 out of 8 charecters be a guest charecter is a fine way to have it without crowding out new and fresh ideas. 3 though would be pushing it…,

2 Likes

now we have less new characters because of guests

All of the guests are new characters. They may be from existing series, but they are still new to KI. These characters haven’t been in a fighting game before, and IG/MS have had to use their original games as inspiration to make them unique here. However, even though they may not have sprung from the minds of IG, how they play is almost completely new.

Also, whether of not Eyedol makes his return this Season or even the next one, I will still support this game. The same goes for the purple shadows and guest characters. I’m still on the fence when it comes to Rash, but that’s purely from a gameplay perspective. It has nothing to do with him being a guest in our wonderful game.

I give no ■■■■■ when it comes to Ultimates or No Mercies. I was never able to do them in the 90s, so I have no nostalgia for them.

We have 20 stages now… How many matches do you play in a day? Most people don’t even play more than an hour or two worth of matches. Let’s say you play a match every 5min. In the span of 2 hours, (which is about 24 matches) you’ve seen MAYBE all 20 stages ONCE.

As long as the Shadow effects don’t get in the way of gameplay, who gives a ■■■■? Honestly. The effects are just there to show the intensity of what’s being done. Purple is a great color, and, by the way, is one of the 2-3 main colors this season.

2 Likes

To be fair real casual fans who don’t visit the forums and know what is going on and play k.i for fun won’t really care about stages all that much and instead be enticed with the new charecters, new single player content( that we know is coming since it was hinted at) for a possibly less amount of money than before considering there will be no arcade old style KI game to bundle with the ultra combo pack

Casuals wont care about stages mate lol. Thats why Street fighter stopped doing it years and years ago and why MK never did it. In fact name one other game that does these days? If that was the case none of them would sell would they?

Casual players play for game play not stages. Dont get me wrong as the hard core I LOVE stages but to 89%of the gaming community there are more than enough stages to play on. Do i agree with that? Not massively id rather everyone has a stage BUT i wont kid myself… its not a priority and it wont effect sales.

Well thats your problem. You didnt listening to what i wrote when i talked about whats important for the game and whats priority when bringing new people into this game because your too bothered about having to pay for things you love (scratches head)

As i said DLC is extra. If IG brought out a pack that appeals to you then hey you could buy it or not buy it. Life is better with choices. Im talking about POST Season 3 development NOT things that would be worked on now and sold later.

Taking into account that as a fan u wont get EVERYTHING you want (because thats impossible) then me suggesting a way that they could bring this to you AFTER development of season 3 shouldn’t really be a issue?

look im a KI fan i dont care in what way i get more KI as long as i get more.

We asked for a PC version this has taken a whole load of time for IG im betting, that will RAISE the exposer people will have to the game and their for raise Kis repatriation in the FGC more than a few backgrounds.

If anything is left OUT of season it wont be on purpose but because other things were more important to the game commercial.

We have to respect that.

I’m just glad to get Kim Wu and a stage to go with her.
Hopefully 2 more female fighters

• A strong misunderstanding, guests are not to get KI players to play Halo, guests are to get Halo players to try KI.

• Stages are free content, you get them if you buy the next season or not, we got total relighting and possibly a huge new game mode instead of 5 stages and that’s great… GARGOS BETTER HAVE A STAGE THOUGH!

• Far more character tools were added this season than removed.

• I love Eyedol but a game should only have 1 final boss, and I would be upset if he was downgraded to a regular character; ALSO what if he is the final boss of KI’s sequel on the Xbox two?

• I feel strongly against the new shadow effect, but I’m waiting for their promised in-lore explanation of it before I throw a fit… They better have an option to switch to the old effect…

My prediction:
New purple shadows will grow on people quickly. In 6 months everybody will look back and wonder why anybody objected to nicer looking shadow effects.

The majority of fans don’t care about Eyedol. IF we ever get him, he will be remade into something awesome.

As far as I can tell, what the OP is saying is that making the game look nicer = a step in the wrong direction. And I disagree.
The negativity about S3 is no less subjective than the negativity about S2 and S1. I miss the days when developers could make games without all the backseat driving from fans.

The game is getting larger and more diverse, while the game play is becoming more interesting and personalized. KI has a rhythm which never gets old because it changes dramatically depending on the character you’re playing.

More like in 6 months we will realize they will never change it so we should just stop wasting our efforts. Just like Omen.

1 Like

No actually… There was negative around season 1 and 2 also… happens all the time so kinda false statements… and IG/MS listen and know what fans want/ what they want/ what the planned life span of the game is/ what can be done with budget and time… its not about throwing in everything everything fans want… fan service is great yea but evolution to a game and a life span is most important.

gonna have to agree to disagree on that one. I know the majority of the fans like eyedol, but I personally have never cared for him.

Thats like saying “there had better be an option to switch back to Season 1 or Season 2 UI”. Chances are that newer characters will not even be made with the old effects in mind.

Doesnt matter if you love eyedol or not
He is one important part of ki cast, he is the damn BOSS. Not put eyedol is an insult to the long time fans.

About other posts, well, some will accept every thing they put, blind fanboys.

Thank god im other type of fan. I can see what they are doing.

we already have footage of 2 season 3 characters with the old effect, the new effect isn’t even done yet, it’s not exactly too late to cook something up. I would Understand if the engine can’t handle swapping two effects but…
I’m still waiting to hear that in-lore reason before I judge their decisions.

Ooooookay.
Someone has a very high opinion of themselves :unamused:

3 Likes

Personality.
Dont need to accept everything they throw to you.

IG made a terrific job with season 2, and i BET they are also not happy with some things in S3.

As i said, its a step BACK from season 2.

Not accepting everything is one thing. Then there’s

adding silly connotations. I’ve been a long time fan, couldn’t care less about Eyedol making it back. They’ve said its hard to make the character interesting. Its never been off the table, just difficult. Demanding that something should be in the game just because you like it and no other reason is just rubbish. If they do decide to introduce him, I’ll be excited like anyone else (I’m a fan of IG redesigns, they do really impressive stuff), but until then, meh.

Calling yourself “the other type of fan” is also segregative, childish, inconsiderate… and simply a ■■■■ move. you are free to voice your opinion in a tasteful manner, but not deriding others while claiming your ideas are superior.

2 Likes

I forgot to say, im childish.
One more thing that i forgot: All i said is my opinion.

Maybe i should add IMO on all my posts?

Now, let me tell again;

-Does not matter if you like eyedol or not, he is a important character from the original ki. Period.

He is an important character IN the original KI. He isn’t important in the new KI.

You are 100% correct!
Eyedol isnt important!

I like Arbiter A LOT more!