A vampire for season 3

I agreeā€¦ they ruined vampire but donā€™t worry, we hope vampire will be best character in KI season3!

1 Like

The question I canā€™t decide is: ā€˜how human should the vampire be?ā€™

Do we want a slavering gargoyle creature with a mouth of needle-sharp teeth?
Or do we want a human with a cape who occasionally flashes a single pair of fangs?

How about something like Kan Ra, but less decayed and a different outfit, who turns into a giant bat creature in instinct mode? (Like Marcus from Underworld 2.)

You mean like this?

Vampire cowboy dude from Dark Watch. Was a bit of an odd game tbh.

Bloodlust theme from Conkerā€™s Bad Fur Day was initially a theme for a vampire character in KI2, the vampire has to happen in this season

I have faith in a new vampire character for season 3

Anyone saw the great movie by Francis Ford Coppola? Bram Stokerā€™s Dracula? In it the great Gary Oldman plays Dracula and his many forms. This form is what I mean and would suit KI.

This is an excellent movie and a must watch, here are some more great outfit and styles that would be so amazing to see in the game for a Vampire character.

1 Like

I like that movie (Bram Stokerā€™s Dracula), but the only reason why I wouldnā€™t want that kind of vampire is that heā€™s a little too Victorian. That makes sense, of course, since the movieā€™s set in the late 1800ā€™s / early 1900ā€™s if Iā€™m not mistaken.

But that might look a little out of place in a game with all modern or quasi-futuristic looking characters. Donā€™t get me wrong, I think that he could certainly have some classical flair, like an awesome looking cane and what not. But I donā€™t know if Iā€™d want to see a character that looks like theyā€™re from a bygone era. If thatā€™s the case, why not just have Tusk be a two thousand year old barbarian?

Iā€™d kinda like to see something that combines a modern classy look with a bit of a golden steam punk style aesthetic. A bit of human look, with hints of a beast around the edges. I being a bit vague here, but itā€™s kinda hard to put in to words.

I guess I just want a character thatā€™s a good balance of tried and true ideas mixed with a few new ones to form something thatā€™s a bit more original and unique than simply cutting and pasting some sort of monster or nosferatu or Bela Lugosi in to KI.

As for a blood meter, Iā€™d be down for that!

Perhaps he gains blood with his regular throw, a command grab bite, and maybe also have a sort of Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain style ā€œhold the hand out and drain the blood from a distanceā€ type of move that takes a moment to begin, so itā€™s not impossible to block, unless itā€™s done as a combo ender, like he almost Force pushes the opponent away as a stream of blood flows from them, in to his mouth.

What kind of moves would people want to see make use of this blood meter? Maybe a ā€œthrallā€ type of move that briefly reverses his opponents controls? Perhaps the blood allows him to change forms? An attack that morphs him in to a swarm of bats? Maybe A wolf? Maybe a mist-like teleport move? Or maybe he can always mist teleport, but the shadow version turns the mist black and damages the opponent as he teleports through them, using up some blood from the meter.

What else? Just curious.

Oh, and while it should probably go without saying, count me among the group that does NOT want a Twilight style sparkly vampire. No thanks lol.

Yeah a vampire is one of the big character types missing from the game so it would be a good idea

It would be cool to see if the vampireā€™s stage would be a church.

3 Likes

One little add for this stage. I want Vampireā€™s three wife, they enjoy and watch them while fight. When If you ultra him/her then theyā€™re laugh and become bat form!

Sabrewulf is from a bygone era. His stage is a castle full of old world, steampunk technology. His lycanthropy has extended his life. This would clearly work for a vampire. All they have to say is ā€œhe was recently awokenā€ and his Victorian outfit suddenly makes sense (even if not, it couldnā€™t possibly be more out of place than a Battletoad). Look at Kan Ra.
Tusk is not a vampire, mummy or werewolf, thus letting him be 2000 years old makes no sense.

Personally I canā€™t decide how I want a KI vampire to look. So many good options. Can only have oneā€¦

1 Like

Exactly, there is also Kan-Ra from Babylon before it became a shadow of its former self. How can a Vampire from the Victorian era be out of place? Sabrewulf as mentioned is I believe in Germany in a Victorian Castle with his steampunk contraptions and experimenting equipment. He is living in an old place from a bygone era but a Vampire is immortal and can still be living in a place of a bygone era too

Some good points here. I guess I never considered Sabrewulf to be over a hundred years old though. Iā€™ve never read anywhere that his lycanthropy has extended his life. I canā€™t remember if they list his age in his dossier for KI 2013, but in original KI, heā€™s listed as being 50, at least according to the KI Wiki.

Not sure what his age is, but the castle, while gothic in style, never really made me think that he himself was from a bygone era. To me, anything thatā€™s steampunk in stytle is always sort of ā€œout of our flow of timeā€ because steampunkā€™s not an actual era, seeing as itā€™s science fiction to begin with. You could say itā€™s 100 years in the past, or 100 years in a dystopian future.

Regardless, your point is well taken. Even if Iā€™m not 100% convinced that heā€™s that old, he certainly gives off the vibe of someone thatā€™s been around a lot longer. Obviously Kan Ra and Aganos HAVE been around a lot longer per their story, so a vampire being around a long time could make sense.

My only question then, is would it make sense that heā€™s Victorian? I mean, Kan Ra was recently awakened and Aganos obviously shows signs of centuries of wear and tear from wandering the Earth, but heā€™s a golem, not exactly someone that wears clothes. If a vampireā€™s been around for over a hundred years, why would he be 100 years out of style?

Only way that really makes sense to me personally is if he just woke up. To me, that seems like a weaker story option since they just did that with Kan Ra. You canā€™t keep using the same plot device without the story suffering for it, at least in my eyes.

Also, saying he wouldnā€™t look any more out of place than a Battletoad wouldnā€™t make a Victorian vampire less out of place by comparison or not out of place in general. Saying something fits just because thereā€™s something in the game that fits less doesnā€™t really work for me.

Like I said to @Archonate79 though, steampunk isnā€™t a time period since itā€™s science fiction. The fact that he lives in a castle doesnā€™t mean heā€™s from a bygone era. Now sure, a Vampire could live in a castle, away from everyoneā€¦ But I dunno. That seems a bit odd to me. How would he be involved in the plotline of KI while still being so far removed from society that his style is 120 years out of date? Not saying itā€™s impossible, but it sounds like a bit of a stretch.

Youā€™re right though, they do have older characters in the game that they explain through the story. Kan Ra just woke up and Aganos has been wandering the Earth, slowly degrading. Their current looks are both justified through the story. How would you justify a Victorian vampireā€™s style through the story without using the exact same plot device that Kan Ra has?

Iā€™m not saying that to be argumentative or and definitely not rhetorical. I think itā€™s a question worth asking and Iā€™m curious what both you and @Archonate79 think about it. Do you have any ideas that would make sense in this regard, or would you simply not care about using the same plot device again, or is the story not that big a deal to you regardless? Just wondering.

You didnā€™t get anything I said, Sabrewulf is 50 years old. He is living in a German Castle that castle
is obviously from a bygone era but Sabrewulf is from this era using that old castle as his base of operation and experiments into old dark arts to find a cure lost in time. The Vampire doesnā€™t have to be brought back from a time far gone, he has been living under the radar amongst the living since he is immortal unless he kills himself or gets properly dispatched so his appearance in Ki doesnā€™t break lore and if he chooses to dress Victorian style which Iā€™d prefer, it still makes sense since he is from a time far gone and probably feels a little displaced.

Another mistake is Kan-Ra was sealed away and his seal was broken when Ultratech sent squads to investigate old ruins, Aganos was in a dormant state since he sensed Kan-Ra to be off the radar so to speak. Once Kan-Ra had risen, like a switch Aganos woke from his dormancy to complete his last mission he was given.

Would it be better if a dhampir would be born from some old vampires? A way to feel some ā€œUnderworldā€ in it?

Twilight beauty, Blade/Alucard combat & ā€œUnderworldā€™sā€ blood.

What if there were a clan of vampires during the time of Vlad Tepes that served Gargos? One of them left tired of the war on humanity and wants a normal life giving birth to a half breed from a human.

I donā€™t care how the vampire is.
But give him/her a command grab that drains life to him/her.
And make Aganos, Fulgore, Spinal, and ARIA inmune XD

No, seriously, give him a grab that drains life and another that ā€œstealsā€ one of the rival moves. Jagoā€™s endokuken, Riptorā€™s tail flip, TJā€™s tremorā€¦

Perhaps we could say heā€™s wearing the clothes he was buried in? If heā€™s like a newly-made vampire from Dracula, he wanders out of his grave at night, feeds, comes back to sleep.
Or maybe Gargos is the one who reanimates him and commands him to drink the blood of his enemies. Not specifically saying heā€™s a vampire, but making it visibly obvious.

You mean Vampire steal moves like Shinnokā€™s imposter? YES YES THAT WILL BE AWESOME!!

1 Like