Zelda Highlights thread *no plot spoilers please*

Ok, after playing it bit more, I find it amazing that you can find very distinct elements of several other Zeldas, but the one that I keep noticing the most is Zelda 2.
-Light on puzzles, heavy on combat
-abilities enhanced by magic rather than collecting items (in this case, “magic” would be the sheika slate abilities)

• the chuchus (or whatever the slime enemies are called) are blobs in this one like their Z2 versions rather than their more popular walking baseball bat version frol ALTTP
    -larger map with several regions/towns/environments

…not to say that the other zelda games aren’t there. I have had several moments that are like, “this feels like OOT” or “these guardians are like the 4 giants from Majora’s mask”

The list goes on and on.

more boko goblin carnage last night lol. one of them pushed a boulder down a hill in an attempt to crush me with it, and would have because i didnt see it coming. however, he must have slipped getting caught under it. i hear a nasty impact, a goblin screaming in agony, soon as i turn to the left the boulder dragging his body along passed literally right in front of link’s feet. LOL. i keep watching the boulder as eventually it spat out the dead body of the gobbo sending him over a cliff.

further up this mountain i was climbing there was a moblin standing on a wooden platform next to a waterfall and deep pool on the cliffside. he was also completely unaware, so i shot out the support and watched him drown. you know, this zelda game is pretty violent lololol i love it!

later i came across another gobbo camp but these were foolishly all standing next to explosive barrels. 1 fire arrow set off a chain reaction and the explosion was absolutely massive, i was like HOLY SHITT lol. couple bodies were thrown into a tree house, others were just burning and ignited the grass as well. it rained loot, i got more arrows, a set of 5 fire arrows from a chest, and i stole their steak.

dusk was on the way, i had 30 bundles of lumber, and 3,000 rupees. i bought a house! next stop for me is the wet lands area. i seen a crew of zora scouting around for me, so im gonna see what is going on with them

Check this for awesome ideas and a good laugh…I didnt even think of 10% of the things this guy does :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Omg LOL that was hysterical. I’ve done the metal box kill where be dropped it on them

Ok, now that I’ve beaten the game (not anywhere near 100% mind you) there is one thing I have to say about BOTW:

Although the music is quite enjoyable, it’s been driving me f**king nuts!!! It relies WAAAAAYYYY too heavily on allusion. Every which way you turn you almost hear the classic themes you’d expect to hear, but they’re not there, just a tease. Never anything more than a tease. The classic overworld theme…nope. Z1’s final dungeon theme while climbing up Death mountain…not really. Even the Ballad of the Wind Fish from the Gameboy game…just a smidge. And they

#NEVER

deliver.

I would be fine if they had made up entirely new music. I would have been more than fine if they had had the classic stuff tucked away somewhere as an easter egg. But no. And what’s the worst about it is for the most part all you’re left with instead is someone’s cat occasionally walking across a piano.

I’m gonna have to go play A Link Between Worlds again. At least THAT game delivers on the music.

:sob:

Edit:

Yeah I feel the music is one of the few big problems this game has. Play a couple songs from the OG Zelda games in the background and you will find out just how much better it makes the experience.

I heard some people say it’s for the immersion and and atmosphere but GOOD music will accomplish just fine. I really wish there was an iPod type feature that let you change the Bg music to past Zelda music like in final fantasy 15

link is carrying a smart phone around and no music in it. le sigh, on that note today im gonna go blow up more boko goblins. i love seeing them fly around on fire, and i also lol harder when they go splashing into a lake lmao

While I agree that I miss the classic themes pop up here and there (especially since this is my first Zelda since Majora’s Mask), I do want to point out I really like the accordeon playing bird, love that music.

Now that you mention it, there was one theme that did make it in that wasn’t any sort of tease, and that was the Dragon Roost island theme from Wind Waker, and that was a nice addition.

I’m wondering now if a music player is the “new feature for the in-game map” mentioned in the Expansion Pass.

1 Like

i hope so lol

So after playing BOTW for awhile and doing some research I’ve learned something I thought I might share so you don’t run into the same issue I’ve had.

#DO NOT
use the Smash Bros Link Amiibo until you’re close to a stable. On first scan it gives you Epona. Going in blind, I didn’t realize this and kinda brushed it off as just a horse and went about my merry way, only later to find out that first scan is the only way you can get her. I heard a rumor that you might be able to get her again through a random drop by scanning the Smash Link amiibo again, but I’ve had no such luck. So wait until you’re near a stable, scan the amiibo, and register her. Otherwise you might not get her.

…not that there isn’t a plethora of other horses, but still…no Epona :cry: