Your Top 10 Games Of The Decade?

What are your Top 10 games of the past decade (2010-2019)? There’s several games I haven’t been able to get around to or finish these past couple years, and it’s actually a bit difficult for me to whittle everything I’ve loved down to a list of ten, but here’s mine from what I’ve played:

1. Dark Souls
  2. Breath of the Wild
  3. Killer Instinct
  4. Hollow Knight
  5. NieR: Automata
  6. DMCV
  7. DOOM
  8. Steamworld Heist
  9. Horizon: Zero Dawn
  10. Mass Effect 2
1 Like

So I made this list in a few minutes, looking back at games that meant the most to me. There is a chance I’m forgetting sth from Xbox 360 generation. So more or less:
10 CS GO
9 Bulletstorm
8 Danganronpa V3
7 Into The Breach
6 Bloodborne
5 NieR Automata
4 Catherine
3 Killer Instinct
2 DMC V
1 Metal Gear Rising Revengeance.

Special shoutouts to Dead Space 2, Sekiro (I beat it yesterday, I still need to think about how I feel about it in comparison to Bloodborne), Castlevania Lords of Shadows, DmC Devil May Cry and Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock.

2 Likes

In no particular order, my top 10.

1. Red dead redemption 2010 - my game of the decade
  2. Killer Instinct 2013 - SFxT flop made me flock to KI in 2013
  3. Skyrim 2012 - fried my PlayStation due to consecutive hours played
  4. Ori and the blind Forest 2015 - a game that alwayslooked interesting but just had me hooked once I start playing it. No kiddy game lol
  5. Dark Souls 3 2016 - my return to the series after Demon Souls, and skipping DS1 and DS2.
  6. Sunset Overdrive 2014 - my game of the decade for multiplayer fun
  7. XCOM2 2016
  8. Mass Effect 2 2010 - best rpg until sjw era started and influenced the sequels. Never played a BW game again until Anthem.
  9. Witcher 3 - finished the game initially without knowing what Gwent is, then I got hooked on Gwent on my Witcher 3 second playthrough lol
  10. Shadow of Mordor 2014 - best action and environment for me. Best orcs are angry orcs

Honorable mention: all Nintendo 1st party nominees. I didn’t own a Nintendo console for most of last decade.

Bloodborne. I also did not own a PS4 for the first half of the last decade. So no uncharted, last of us, GoW etc love from me.

Gwent Beta was my favorite unreleased card game. Made many friends through that game.

Anyway, I was content with my Xbox until 2017 by playing KI and Gwent Beta constantly lol

2 Likes

Top 10 of the decade? Hmm…

HM: Pokemon Go (2016), Soul Calibur VI (2018), Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown (2012)

10… Tomb Raider (2013)
9… Sunset Overdrive (2014)
8… Dragon Age: Inquisition (2014)
7… Batman: Arkham City (2011)
6… Bloodborne (2015)
5… Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed (2012)
4… Ori and the Blind Forest (2015)
3… Mortal Kombat 11 (2019)
2… Mass Effect 2 (2010)
1… Killer Instinct (2013)

I probably have Mass Effect 2 really high on this list because I just played it last year for the first time and was blown away by it. Haven’t enjoyed a a Bioware game that much since Jade Empire on the original Xbox.

I’m sure I’m on an island as far as MK11 goes and that’s fine. I just love the pacing of it and how everything feels more deliberate and connects better than in previous games. I’m kind of amazed at how few games I have on there from the last three or so years.

3 Likes

If you do not mind me asking, I heard about how good this game is but eventually never bought it. What exactly stood out for you about this game?

My lack of faith in Sega at the time made me pass on many of their Sonic games. And I guess seeing Sonic on the cover did not make me want to buy it, and actually made me ignore the game at first, to be honest.

I made this list on another topic. But here it is now.

10:Mario Kart 8
9:Halo MCC
8:Skyrim
7:Cuphead
6:Undertale
5:Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
4:Soul Calibur VI
3:Mortal Kombat 11
2:Super Smash Bros Ultimate
1: Killer Instinct

1 Like

I don’t mind you asking one bit! Happy to give my perspective on it. For me, I think it came along at the right time. It was before Mario Kart 8, of course, and I was really looking for a good, fun kart racer that didn’t require motion controls. As far as what stands out, let’s see…

First, as a longtime Sega fan, it has a really nice variety of Sega characters, even if there are more Sonic characters than I’d like. The nice part, for me anyways, is that there’s a pretty massive single player mode where you earn stars to unlock more races. You use this mode to unlock tracks and characters. You also use this to unlock various modes of racing.

In this mode, it’s not just about finishing first, although there are standard races. There are time attacks, ring races, eliminate your opponents, and others. They’re all rather fun, and the mode gets rather challenging pretty quickly, especially if you want to get three stars on a race, which you want to do in order to up your star count so you can keep unlocking the path forward.

The levels themselves are also pretty awesome. They’re all taken from different Sega games and while a few can be a bit glitchy, which sucks, they all provide a pretty good sense of speed, control, etc. Many of them also provide transformations, either in to a boat, an airplane, or both during the race. The tracks change as you go through them in this regard so each lap isn’t identical to the last.

Honestly, and I don’t say this lightly, but I’ve gotten more enjoyment out of this game than any Mario Kart game I’ve ever played. It’s not perfect, it can be rather rough around the edges, but it provides such fun races, so much variety, and the best single player mode for unlocking stuff the genre has ever seen. If you’re a Sega fan and you enjoy kart racers, it’s definitely worth a look.

That said, I haven’t played the other two Sumo Digital Sonic racing games. There was the prequel to Transformed, which I think was just called Sonic All Stars Racing. I think that’s probably more of a standard kart racer and I think it’s just Sonic characters, but I’m not sure. They also released a newer one in 2019 which was called Team Sonic Racing, but I think that was just Sonic characters and the whole team element of it didn’t really look all that appealing, so I never bothered.