Your Reaction: Shadow Jago is released bare-bones

And by bare-bones I mean despite him claiming to be a fully fleshed out character, the only updates are a revamped moveset, intro, outro, and Ultimate. No extra colors, no color 7,8, and 9, no base accessories, re-colored accessories, no fight titles, no quotes, no retro costume. What’s your reaction?

Personally I feel all of the above should be included for obvious reasons that go without saying. If Omen can get additional colors, fight titles, accessories, etc. there’s absolutely no reason why after all these months of waiting we only get the barest bones of a Shadow Jago.

That exclusivity the developers spoke so passionately about? Well it could be directed in another way: Give Shadow Jago all of the above but with exclusivity on his retro costume as commemoration for the original owners of Shadow Jago.

That’s the only exclusivity I care about at this point, we’ve waited for the character far too long.

P.S: It would be an absolute GODSEND if you used the theme from the season 2 soundtrack for his/Omen’s stage in order to further differentiate it from Jago’s theme and make him feel even more unique.

3 Likes

Well personally I will AND am still going to accept the new and revamped/updated Shadow Jago either way :wink: :smile:

3 Likes

Where was this confirmed that he will be limited content character?

4 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

I don’t count on getting a retro and 9 colors. Maybe 6 and some accessories. He will probably still share his stage with Omen. They’re both bonus characters after all.
I keep the expectations low but it’s no big deal to me anyway as long as his new moveset is interesting.

5 Likes

Moveset is the most important thing. I enjoy his base design enough that I think I could manage if he was totally bare bones… Maybe.
That being said, I’d really like to add some new colors to the boy, especially a deep, wine red color and maybe a grayed out lavender… Also, I saw some doodles on the old forums of a slightly modified mask with horns and tusks. I think those 3 things make it in and Shago is everything I’d need him to be. I’d like custom options, even love them, but I’m not going to look for the whole shebang.
6 colors and some accessories and he’ll be darn good enough.

3 Likes

intro, outro, ultimate, vs screen pose, taunt, new moveset… this is what I’m expecting. Anything else is extra.

6 colors? maybe, it’d be cool. Accesories? Unlikely. Retro? Not a chance.

1 Like

Wouldn’t Retro Shadow Jago just be Jago?

6 Likes

I’m sure by full fleshed out means all of that stuff.

2 Likes

The other stuff would be nice but if it was just gameplay I would be cool with that.

1 Like

I expect us to get what we got for Omen. They are both bonus characters, so Shago should also come with six colors and a few accessories. Definitely not expecting a retro at all.

3 Likes

We already knew this, they told us from the start he’s not getting any of that stuff.
My reaction: Not surprised at all.

That’s not to say I don’t want that stuff but I don’t expect it.

2 Likes

I really wouldn’t mind at all whether it has 2, 6, or 9 colours, accessories and retros. I doubt he’ll be getting a new stage tho:

2 Likes

Am I missing something?

Did we get some recent news about Shadow Jago?

There’s absolutely no reason as to why we shouldn’t get any of that stuff. Regardless of what they said.

Well, obviously there is a reason - those things cost money that they can’t or won’t spend making them. Whether you think that’s a LEGITIMATE reason is a totally different questions and something everyone can answer for themselves.

There’s a lot of history here, and I will say that MS has said definitively that when the new Shadow Jago drops he replaces the old. There will be no Shadow Jago skin for existing Jago’s moveset. One Shadow Jago, period. Also, he already has his own stage - Shadow Tiger’s Lair.

The other way to look at the question is “how much bonus character do you need?” They made SJ a re-skin of Jago and everyone said “give him his own moveset.” They made him the hidden story boss in S1 and everyone said “if you can do that, you can make him a unique character!” So they have done that and now everyone wants colors and accessories. As far as omen, I don’t think Omen’s colors really count for much, since he is basically a featureless character. The thing about SJ is if you change his colors too much then he becomes Jago again. Although one of the developers (I think it was Adam?) on the old boards said every truly evil character should have a pink color scheme? So I would expect to see pink SJ.

2 Likes

Other than that they’re doing this as a “bonus” and they’re not making any money off of it, they’re living up to the promise of giving us a balanced boss moveset and nothing more. They’re not obligated in the slightest to go above and beyond that promise.

1 Like

Because colors and accessories are not a difficult thing to implement. Neither are fight titles and quotes. How do I know? Because Omen, who was a filler character to save time, received all of these. Regardless of if he has features or not. Base Jago had the least amount of customization effort in the game because its only his mask, his weapon, and his shin guards. With Omen it’s his mask, his armguards, and his Shin guards. Also shadow jago wasn’t built from the ground up, at the design base he is Jago so that also means less work which is less money. I’m going to expect more because when you use terms like “fully fleshed out character”, the bar is already set. At bare minimum he should receive the same treatment as Omen.

And as far as recolors, there’s so much you can do with a character who has lost a lot of his human features through possession. His skin color can be recolored, tattoo, clothing can be different shades of dark colors, or even his hair can be recolored as we see in his color 2 variant. He will still be “shadow Jago” despite addititional colors.

1 Like

Colors and accessories(they could just alter Jagos accessories to fit Shago)

1 Like

Sorry, I realize I never straight up answered the questions. My Reaction: Shadow Jago is released bare bones.

“Hey cool. Shadow Jago is out.”

5 Likes