Windows 10 version crashing during matchmaking

Hey don’t know if you guys have tried this, but running the game in windowed mode might be the temporary solution we’ve all been dreaming about. I’ve been playing ranked online for the last 1-1.5 hours without a single crash, and I just started playing in windowed mode rather than full-screen.

Every play session before this one abruptly ended with the same crash the OP describes in their post. Looking for a match, hard crash to desktop. Usually, I would get 3-5 games in.

Give it a try and let me know if it helps any of you. I’m really curious to know if this is a real temporary solution, or if I’m under some kind of placebo effect.

At any rate, I really hope IG fix the crashing when Mira comes out.

Nevermind my “temporary” windowed mode solution. It just crashed during matchmaking, even though I was in windowed mode.

Tried that too. Not sure why I thought it’d work but I did lol

Hopefully this fix comes out some time soon. I haven’t touched online at all for about 2 weeks.

I wish I could crash when finding another player, instead I just can’t find anyone at all. All the teredo fixes, port forwarding and other crazy solutions haven’t done jack. It’s GFWL all over again.

So… seems patch 3.1 isn’t addressing this bug sadly.

this is siriously problem, why not fix ?

fix quickly plz K.i !!

Yeah. Jebailey said the team was looking into it. It is a pretty annoying bug.

Don’t want to speak too soon but I think the issue was resolved in the latest patch. Anyone with 3.1 still crashing?

Make sure you’re on 3.1 before checking though. You need to update manually from the Windows store.

Still crashing. I did notice that the crash rate decreased while I was playing yesterday, but it would occasionally happen still. I wonder if the fact that there were more people online playing the game (thanks to the release of Mira) somehow affected this issue? Maybe the crash happens when the game tries to sync me up to some specific people?

No fix… still crashing as usual.

Played for about 1:30 today and no crashes. Cautiously optimistic.

Humm… keep us informed please.
Nothing saying about this fix on 3.1 patch notes. Lets see.
I haven’t test enough after the patch yet.

Yeah folks, I think we made it. Played for another couple hours today, and no crashes. If only I could find matches faster…But at least I don’t have to restart the game every other match :smile:

Very interesting. You said you patched and still got crashes immediately after and now they seem to have stopped.

I’ve yet to crash either since 3.1 with a couple hours of online play. I expected a fix if there was one to show up in the patch notes. Maybe did something but don’t want to formally announce they found a solution.

1 Like

Yeah, that was weird. Maybe it was just a coincidence, and the post-patch crash I experienced happened for a completely different reason than whatever bug was causing the game to crash during matchmaking previously to the patch. Dunno. Will probrably play some more today, and will let you guys know if anything weird happens.

I also seem to remember Jebailey talking about adding to the patch notes a line regarding a potential fix to the matchmaking crash, but I haven’t gone back to see if it has indeed been included there or not.

Anyway, I’m glad that this problem is either gone or affecting people less often.

All I can say is…
I have a friend who was suffering a lot with this crash. He told me today after the last patch he isn’t crashing anymore. So seems this bug is really fixed. I saw in person on his house. His game was crashing hard because this bug before last patch.

Is there a fix that came out for this yet? This still happens to me to this day :frowning:

Have you updated drivers, the game and the Xbox app? I don’t seem to have this issue.

Game and Xbox, yes. I’ve even reinstalled the game once. Which drivers should I check?

Just look for anything incredibly out of date. Did you also pass the performance test and have an active gold membership?