Will there ever be a Tool Assisted Gameplay of KI?

Tool assisted runs are completely separate thing from unassisted runs. It’s not like people are using them to beat out the unassisted players.

Maybe not in this game, but others for sure.

I already figured that - it’s like having the rewind feature in the Forza games. It helps you do better, but it’ll never let you be better than those who play without the feature.

That doesn’t mean such a thing can’t be abused or manipulated in some way. I think it’s best to just not include such a feature as a precautionary measure. In any case, I’m not even entirely certain what good such a feature would do in KI anyways. It’s not exactly the kind of game made for things like speed-runs…

apparently there are tons of bots running around in sf4 and sf5, and the game isn’t ruined. it takes a substantial amount of programming skills to pull it off correctly, so the odds are not good that any bots will be ruining any fighting games.

there’s always gonna be that one guy tho :stuck_out_tongue:

That doesn’t mean it’s a good thing or “okay” to do. If anything, it violates the Xbox Live Code of Conduct and Terms of Use, since you’re modifying the game, controller, or console (or even a combination of the above, in some cases).

pc bots don’t need to modify any game files to function, so you’re out of luck on that reasoning. there’s no point in putting in effort to bring a bot to console due to cross play. I guess there’s always staying in exhibition and shutting off crossplay…

For those wanting a bot vs. bot match…https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsX0Z-lU8Aw

1 Like

It’s still using a modification through the XBL service, which is STILL a violation as part of that service. Not long ago, all of MS unified their Code of Conduct and Terms of Service across all devices and platforms. This means that even though you may be doing it on PC, it’s still a violation of their services. So go right on ahead. Want to get banned for life? Be my guest…

Just something to add real quick,

As to TA Speed runs vs Human…

The idea behind it is to make a run that’s so fast its impossible to replicate with a human’s capabilities. Its a picture perfect setup, showing what is possible, assuming a human could operate perfectly. Its not meant to devalue the human speed runners or make their times less amazing or their accomplishments less incredible… Its just a separate aspect that targets a different skill set of the speed runner.

Proper TA speed runs can take weeks and months of work to implement properly and perfectly… Its a subset of the same thing. Effort, knowledge and practice, to achieve incredible/interesting results.

I don’t want to get in to the ethics side of this from OUR perspective, that of the competitive fighting game player(s)… I think its a fun novelty when its KNOWN whats happening and its up to the non-TA player to initiate the match, or said player loses nothing by losing (if I run into a TA player in Exhibition for example). Of course separating that from people using it to climb the ladder, win when they shouldn’t or offer boosting services is impossible and those people should be punched in the shin.

I think its all kind of fascinating from an academic standpoint, but its absolutely encroaches on the experience and fun of other players…

1 Like

oh, if possible I’m surely building one that will fight vs humans, though with the necessary lag, and I agree I’m not entertaining any more salty and scared discussions that don’t go anywhere. Hopefully I can figure something out in adapting the framework that’s out there. it could happen soon, in a month, in a year, or never, LOL, especially since my time is limited, but it’d be very interesting if those SF bots can hang out here. Your screencap stuff sounds very interesting maybe we can figure out a new framework