Will the new DLC fighters cost $10 for now on?

How do you earn the KI gold?

You just get it daily you donā€™t have to really do anything when ya log in.

So getting extra KI gold for a purchase wouldnā€™t mean anything either.

1 Like

I will try logging in and see. That is great news. But you have to be online in order to get the KI gold right? No way to earn KI gold offline or is it something that they are working on in the mid future?

You know, I know people say that, but recently I got flagged and called a troll because I did just that and asked if we were going to have another double XP weekend anytime soon in an older double XP weekend thread instead of starting a new one.

Damned if you do, damned if you donā€™t I suppose. :confused:

1 Like

Funny cause thatā€™s been a thing sinceā€¦IDK when like after SLs came out or something? it was quite awhile ago.

Its ok man. I know your pain. ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  us right for just wanting Killer Instinct 3 instead of a F2P one right? ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  us for wanting a steam port of the game in the future, for wanting ultimates and what not right. Nope. We just have to accept what they tell us. Want to earn KI gold offline? BAN HAMMER! Want to offer ideas? GET ATTACKED BY TOURNEY FANS! IF you dare complain about paying $50 for a fighter (using an example) Super BAN HAMMER! Not even the Tekken fans nor Street Fighter fans are like this. I just donā€™t get it anymore. Before you know man, when this game is done with/the online servers get shut down, I would have already put down almost the cost of the original Xbox One on sale) on this game. $200-300! I have never put out so much money in a video game in my entire life man. NEVER!

Umā€¦ I was just talking about being blasted for not making duplicate threads, thatā€™s all.

1 Like

Oh really? That is something.

I doubt the next two characters are going to cost $10, but then again, if they did and it was for even more tournament funding then Iā€™d personally be totally on-board.

Iā€™m not sure if I said this before (the thread I was going to weigh in on was closed because people in there were being lunatics), but maybe the only way weā€™re going to get more content is on the condition that we prop up the competitive scene. For all the loathing people express about the community doomsaying going on around the game of late, if the player/consumer base for KI is as big as itā€™s ever been then Iā€™d be surprised. (And Iā€™d also expect a season 4.) It may not make sense for Microsoft to continue to support the game on a sheer return-on-investment basis, but maybe the decision-makers want competitive KI to continue. Maybe the Xbox Live people want an extra game in the initial esports push thatā€™s going on with all the tournament infrastructure theyā€™re adding to the platform, and/or maybe the people close to KI are only willing to stick around and work on anything as opposed to, say, going off to work on something more lucrative like Overwatch skins or something, if they can continue to see lots of sweet high-level play. (Certainly if I were working on the game and getting offers from Silicon Valley recruiters in my inbox daily then Iā€™d probably only stick around as long as the competitive scene held up.) Whatever it is, maybe the message we should read in Kilgoreā€™s pricing model is an that the only way Microsoft is willing to approve more content for us if we fund tournaments.

Mind, they could just charge $10 (or more) per character from now on in, using the (not particularly PR-friendly, but maybe honest) excuse that there simply arenā€™t enough buyers for the content to make it worthwhile to sell the characters for $5 each. You could then say all you want about feeling like youā€™re being taken advantage of, to which the response would be, fine: no more KI content. (Mind, I would still be apprehensive about just outright paying $10 for a character. You can question the value of the transaction on your own end whilst still understanding that a more palatable pricing model might not be worthwhile for those on the other side, but it requires being civil and not being a ā– ā– ā– ā–  about airing your grievances.)

But this is getting pretty far into the realms of speculation. The main point I want to get across is that the response to all this crying about the price model here could be ā€œfine, no more content then,ā€ even if the in-built tournament donation seems like a thing that Microsoft could just remove.

There will never be a community fund to increase the production budget of the actual game. That would be insane.

The fact that this topic could of been merged with the other complaint thread is worth a mighty headdesk, but if I did that I donā€™t know if my skull would crack or the table would be obliteratedā€¦hmmmā€¦

On that note, not everyone who is supporting kilgore is saying you shouldnā€™t complain, but some of us just see the value in KI getting more exposure which means more money and more in game content, so the game content could come, just not as fast youā€™d want it to be.

I wouldnā€™t explode on you for not wanting to pay 50 dollars for a fighter but to assume such malarky is pretty hyperbole at best. I doubt theyā€™ charge such a thing for that.

Hell Iā€™d expect capcom to do that (sarcasm)

Iā€™m just saying that if you donā€™t see the value than wait.

Not sure. But you just go to the single player menu screen and hit the Back button I think and you get them. 125 gold, 1500 Shadow pointsā€¦ stuff changes every day.