Who's your main and why?

Sadira: First character I really picked up in this game back around mid-S2. The first character I’ve ever really gotten into in a FG, actually. She’s got nearly everything: Footsies, juggles, great air mobility, tricky mix-up tools. Learning her has really helped me grow as a FG player. I put her on hold for a lot of S3 to try out several other characters, but I’m having a blast learning her juggles right now.

I also play around a lot with RAAM, Mira, and ARIA. Currently getting used to Cinder, who was a big struggle execution-wise for a while but is very rewarding to learn.

1 Like

Spinal : He’s a living skeleton, a pirate, he seems quirky and odd, and he turned out to be fun to play as well lol

1 Like

Raam. Because 100% combos happen pretty frequently, even with the build up nerf.

1 Like

Fulgore/Ripor.

Been so since KI1

2 Likes

I don’t have a main, I play a handful of characters and I’m not particularly good with any of them.

Gargos
Shago
Hisako
Tusk

1 Like

Riptor.

She has always been been my favorite since day one. The day got achance to play it, I browsed the roster and saw her. She looked very unique among the cast of characters and, and I instantly chose her. She may not have been the only beast but she was diffrent enough and is even the only beast character to use teeth claws, and a tail whip.

She was the reason why reptiles became my favorite arch type in fighting games. you combine that with Primal rage and the reptilian/Dinosaur type characters are an instant pick for me.

heck its why reptiles are my all time favorite now.

Her gameplay makes me feel like a violent beast when I play as her. Being relentless with my attacks, and her gameplay is alot of fun. When she was lef tout I was so upset and disappointed. Even in a few cases I had dreams of her being in KI-2. Even one where I went head to head as a blue riptor fighting a yellow riptor. Even going head to ehad with my bro in one dream. Both of us being Riptor.
But now we have her back and I’m happy to have her return.

Glacius
what I like about him is that he isn’t just an alien or a cryomancer. You could say he was the first Alien cryomancer FROOOOOM SPAAAACE!!! his gameplay and design especially a awesome overall in the recent addition. and zoner types eem to fit well with part of my personality (which is the patience things)

But what really made him a favorite was that he gave me another option in KI-2. Sure it didn’t help with the fact that Riptor was gone from KI-2 but he was there when I had little options especially when most of KI-2’s roster was well…not as diverse as the original.

Sabrewulf

He was one of the other hcoice sI had for KI-2 and while he did nothing to fill the riptor shaped hole in my heart, he was still there at a time where non-human characters where so far few in KI-2.
He became full blown main during the season 1 of this current KI, and his gameplay is better than ever. which is the best part about him.

1 Like

Maya because her dagger mechanics are fun and versatile, I love her movement options with her dash into jump, axe kick/axe kick cancels, fully pipped daggers for making some great comebacks and how well designed she is. I’d have never touched her as “Jungle Jane” in KI2, but her current design is crazy good, plus you don’t see many fighting game females with braids/dreadlocks and she has some of the best hair colour options in game.

A special mention goes to my old main Hisako, I love her design, her catch-counter and how hard she can be to read, while having to make some very hard reads of her own, plus I was a huge J-horror fan, so there’s that. I just need to get back to her after completely neglecting her for Maya, but it feels like I have to work that much harder with her now I’ve switched. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Right now I main Jago, Glacius and Kilgore. (Learning Arbiter and Tusk, formerly played Omen) And I might learn Maya.

Jago - 1. The first character I played in this new KI and first character to learn all about. 2. He’s balanced and can hold his own against most of the cast. 3. Always liked him, he was like an MK ninja mixed with Ryu but with a mask and a lightsaber, His new design is alright, although I’m not too keen on his new saiyan/super saiyan-esque style he’s got going on. (Ryu w/ lightsaber and mask jago > super saiyan jago)

Glacius - Because he’s cool (no pun intended) he is sub zero transformed into a complete outworld cryomancer lol. Gameplay wise? He has IMO the best options against the rest of the cast, I often go on winning streaks with glacius and well, it’s fun to win a lot.

Kilgore - His design reminds me of searchman from megaman 8, awesome game by the way. He has gattling guns and shoots freaking missiles! That potential damage is amazing… and I thought cinder was hot hehe. Overall, kilgore’s moves are lot of fun.

Arbiter and Tusk? - Well, because they are the only 2 characters who are true to sword combat and also… tusk’s ultimate is sick! Hopefully the katana wielder’s combos will revolve more around their sword. (Basically, like a boxer who only uses their fists)

Why don’t I main Omen anymore? - I feel that omen struggles too much against the rest of the cast. Use to have win streaks with him, nowadays it’s almost a guaranteed loss if I use him. Ironically, a really good omen is one of my worst MU’s for glacius, along with rash and aganos.

Maya - I find her dagger game to be quite fun and I was learning her recently but lost interest. Not sure if I’ll pick her up again.

1 Like

Vampirella no Mira?

But as a Fulgore main here, what if I were to heavy laser you across the screen, and as you slothfully inch over between blocks, I suddenly teleport to the opposite end?

IKR… Call me kwazy but for some reason I’m not feeling it with her… whatever “it” is. lol Common sense would say she would be my “go to” character but I’m not finding anyone I like the “best” yet. Keep in mind that I’m pretty much new to all these characters. I really don’t know the “history” of this game since I’m not 100% I was born when the “original” came out many moons ago. lol I think I’m one of those “casual” players since I really only play games for fun. As I frequently point out in post, I’m also kwazy so before I start rambling more non sense I shall stop typing now. :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll probably keep trying to find a connection with Mira.

my main is Jago, because thats who I first started playing with way back when on the original arcade version of Killer Instinct when it first was out… I used him in Killer Instinct 2, then KI Gold and now on this new version of Killer Instinct, theres just something about using him that just draws me to the character…

Sabrewulf is my other character I use alot, just because he is different and his attacks are different with alot of juggle combos available…

1 Like

Mira because she’s a glass cannon. Beyond that I like how she plays much differently than most others with her air dashes, mist, and bats. With the right set up Mira can do 1 chance breakers that deal over 50% damage and THAT to me is why I love playing as her.

3 Likes

I do jump back heavy punch when I anticipate the teleport attempt. It’ll only ever come once Fulgore is cornered so it’s not too hard of a read to make. It’s harder to deal with Fulgores that don’t try to teleport away since fireball pip cancelled into DP makes closing the last few inches harder than closing the full screen gap.

General RAAM: When I first saw his trailer, I thought he was quite interesting. He just looked really cool. I’ve never played Gears of War prior to RAAM’s release, but I knew that he was indeed of Gears descent. The claustrophobic gear, the thick armor, the intricate, gritty design of him was definitely Gears. Because he was going to be in the game, I looked up his backstory. Turns out, he’s from an Earth-like planet (GoW setting) underground. He commands an army, has what can be considered superhuman strength, and has control over the Kryll (a bat-like carnivorous animal). He has control over an entire species! That is pretty cool. He also has one of my favorite themes in the game (For the Horde!). It really captures what Gears of War is: a gritty, boots on the ground, war story against a terrifying enemy. The 16-hit portion of the song is probably the best in the game (tied with others of course).

Gameplay wise, he is a twist on the grappler archetype. He has regular damage grabs and damage-over-time grabs that can force the opponent into offense or defense. He was so much fun during the free weekend. When I finally got the DE, I made a beeline towards him. Also, his instinct also solidifies how dangerous of a character he can be, in terms of characterization and gameplay. He summons an entire swarm of Kryll that nibble at the opponent to get a lot of potential damage. His damage is probably the scariest in the game (2nd only to Mira).

I also have Jago, Sabrewulf, Glacius, Omen, and Gargos. I could tell my story about those characters, but I’m too lazy.

1 Like

You’re casual yet participating in a forum for the game? Lol

In the arcades I played Sabrewulf, because I was around 8 and he was a werewolf, so… B)

2 Likes

Oh, trust me. I’ve known her for years - she’s a total diva.

There are plenty of people around here that are, you don’t have to be pro to love this game. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I have a character crisis. I like Urien type of arrogant, human bad guys but the only character that comes close is Aria. Unfortunately, I don’t like any of the “bad guys” in this game. Though, Mira has something I like…

Originally, on the Nintendo, I played Tusk and Kim but in this modern version Tusk is too ugly (eyes and teeth) to play on all stages and Kim suffers from the same. But, I just recently discovered that Kim has a nice behind so I am back to playing Kim since a week ago. Sorry for my brutal honesty.

1 Like