Who should return for KI4 and who should take a break?

Text based rpgs in 70’s had breasts

Shhhhh

1 Like

Invisibility? MK?

In KI1 Cinder was able to turn invisible. Long story short, it’s a double edged sword. It’s either completely useless of utterly broken (depends on who’s playing him)

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

Who must appear: (characters who have been in all games)
Fulgore
Orchid
Jago
Glacius
Spinal
Sabrewulf
T.J Combo

Characters I want to see return but are not essential:
Cinder
Riptor
Sadira
Thunder
Omen
Tusk
Gargos
Eyedol

Characters who should sit this one out:
Aganos
Kan-ra
Mira
Hisako
ARIA
Shadow Jago
Maya
Kim-wu

Well I think it depends on how this one is wrapped up. I’ll go through each and lay out some random thoughts/speculation :slight_smile:

Jago - Will be back no matter what. He is like KI’s Ryu. He is in.

Sabrewulf - He is a KI icon, plus story wise I think we will continue to see him until he cures his lycanthropy.

Glacius - Another KI icon. I can see him staying on or returning to earth to get his hands back on what tech was stolen from him.

Thunder - I think he will come back too, especially if he doesn’t figure out all the answers to the questions he has about Eagle.

Shago - I can see him sitting the next game out, especially if Gargos is destroyed/sealed away.

Sadira - Not sure really. I kind of see her as a wildcard right now. Depends on what happens to her by the end of this game.

Orchid - Obviously she would be coming back. She is one of KI’s main characters, fan favorite.

Spinal - I could see him sleeping through the next game if he removes his curse and finally gets to rest in peace…but I don’t want him to since he’s my favorite character lol I hope he never finds the mask so I can keep using him :slight_smile:

Fulgore - Obviously coming back. KI poster character and shoto style character. Not to mention as long as Ultratech is around, a new Fulgore model will likley be around.

TJ - Another KI icon/fan favorite. I see him becoming one of the main characters and being a permanent part of Orchid’s team to take down UT.

Maya - I can see her coming back too. Since she is night guard I imagine she will be relevant for as long as there are monsters/evil in the KI universe. Though if Kan-Ra is taken care of, Gargos and his guys are out and she irons out w.e problems her and her sister have, maybe she could sit one out.

Kan-Ra - I hope to see him get what’s coming to him. He is nothing but trouble and has been since Babylonian times lol that is crazy but it also makes me think he will somehow weasel his way out of this game and stay alive and cause more trouble in the future.

Riptor - Same with Fulgore kind of, as long as UT is around there can always be new and improved Riptor units for them to unleash and use for things. Or ARIA could upgrade the current main Riptor.

Omen - I can see him sitting out in KI4 once/If Gargos is taken care of by the time this game is wrapped up. Maybe he will scurry back to the Astral Plane at the defeat of Gargos and come back sometime later in the future. Or maybe he won’t. He is another wild card IMO. His story hints at him rebelling against his master and doing his own thing so idk.

Aganos - It would seem his main goal is to take out Kan-Ra so if Kan is dealt with, Aganos could maybe “rest” during the next game, or if Ra is still out and about causing trouble, Aganos could continue the hunt for his enemy.

Hisako - Kind of like Sadira I am not really sure what will happen with her. I see her playing an important role in the fight against Gargos for some reason, maybe once he is dealt with she can rest in peace. Or she can remain pissed that UT disturbed her grave and haunt them forever lol

Cinder - He could sit one out really but he is another fan favorite and popular character, plus he is team Ultratech so as long as he doesn’t die I picture him coming back.

ARIA - UT mastermind/leader, so unless she is somehow completely destroyed (including all the severs that can hold her and reload her into new bodies) she should probably come back.

Kim-Wu - Foreshadowed to be the “main” hero and person who will play a very prominent roll in getting rid of Gargos. I see her becoming a permanent hero of earth and probably coming back if any new crazy threats arrive in the KIU

Tusk - He also seems like he will be playing a major role in the fight against Gargos. I don’t think he needs to come back in KI4 but if he really is such a big deal like his story implies, maybe he will, or at least when another Gargos level threat arrives.

Rash - Guest character, I doubt he will come back.

Arbiter - Same as Rash

Mira - Too soon to say. Idk how much people like her, or how important she is to the overall story so as of now, she can probably skip KI4 (I really like her tho)

Gargos - Assuming he gets rekt in this game, I imagine he will be sitting out next game.

Eyedol - If he isn’t in this KI he should be the big bad of KI4 IMO. If he makes it in then maybe he will sit out and whoever makes the next game (Hopefully IG) can come up with an all new original big bad.

Disclaimer - These are all random little thoughts of mine and are no way being presented as being fact, accurate or even somewhat true, so don’t bother attacking me if you read something you disagree with or don’t like. Though I am open to having civil and mature conversations.

■■■■ move man…■■■■…move.

1 Like

Honestly, I hope everyone comes back in the sequel, including guests. Especially Arby.

:laughing: It’s tough man. I love Spinal and want him to accomplish his goal(s), but if he accomplishes his goal he will essentially die and have no reason to be playable again lol

This is what I mean by attachment. Noone wants to let the good things go. The loyalty to spinal is strong.

1 Like

The only characters that are pretty much guaranteed to always come back are Jago, Orchid, and Fulgore. Everyone else is up in the air.

Aganos doesn’t strike me as the kind of character who would seek revenge. That being said, I have no doubt that as popular and as unique as he is, a lot of people would hate to see him go. There’s so much more potential for what we could with him mechanics/visual-wise to change things up.

From a story standpoing however, his backstory kind of hints that he probably won’t make it (something to do with the crystal that’s in his head). Either due to his fight against Gargos or from mutual destruction against Kan-Ra, I don’t know, but that’s where I think he’s headed, as sad as that may seem.

I could sworn in his story after the mind control was broken he would aid thunder and the like but also wanted revenge against ultratech because the mind control. At least that’s what I remember.

Gargos, Eyedol, and Tusk should leave because they are garbo uninspired characters.

I can’t answer this question, I don’t have the heart to think about it… I want them all, lets just keep THIS game going.

If I had to choose though, I’d drop the guests first. All 2-3 of them.

Ki4 shouldn’t happen for years

Aganos forged his own destiny after deciding to help thunder, I can see him coming back for that alone of he’s not put down in the fight with Gargos.

I doubt this will happen but I’d like to see rash became a staple comic relief character. Dudes too fun and I can’t imagine anyone else with his moveset. Arbiter can be replaced with a similar gunslinger, preferably a stream punk cowboy.

Great question.

Guests should return but just to establish their names as fighting game characters.

So, Arbiter should come back.

Rash is well designed and quickly established himself as a character that is tough but quite straightforward. He would fit really well in a Smash type game, imho. No need to promote him further through KI, let him be reintroduced in a MS smash type of game with the other toads.

Shago should not come back for story and gameplay reasons.

Rant incoming. Half-assed or in-between characters that struggle with whatever archetype they are supposed to be, should not return. Therefore, Maya and Kan Ra should not return, or only do cameo. Maybe DLC? Anyway, let the story writers figure out how they mysteriously disappeared (on training or to do soul searching or whatever writers come up with these days. Abducted by UT?). TJ really made a comeback in S3 and should make the cut for S4 as a boxer not the quasi-MMA fighter nonsense of S2. End rant.

Original KI characters from KI (2013) or classic should be welcomed back.

I want them all back but that’s not what 's important for KI 4.

Forza Car.

Give me Forza Car in KI 4. Iron Galaxy can axe any character and I’ll forgive them as long as they include a fighting car from Forza. Make my dreams come true!