Where are the Mods?

Was he offed and dropped at the pier?

Yeah, where are the modsā€¦

Whoa! He lives!

3 Likes

Lol, yeah.

Been really busy lately with work related projects.

Thinking about cracking this steam version open and changing up a few things. Need to see how friendly it will be to model changes and such.

Just sucks I have to buy it all over again lol.

From what Iā€™ve seen and read from other modders, mesh models cannot be swapped out. Iā€™ve only seen color changes so far :confused:

Bloody Sabrewulf and Rainbow Glacius are the only mods Iā€™ve seen since it launched for steam, so seems like the possibilities are pretty limited.

Yeah, I just watched a few videos from other modders. They are saying that the model structure hasnt been sorted out so the models cant be extracted/injected. But hell, I did that a year ago for the MS store version.

So that shouldnā€™t be a real problem.

Iā€™ll buy it real quick and see whats going on.

1 Like

Ok, bought it (UGH), at least its on sale for $19 right now.

Installing now.

Shouldnt take long to break it :wink:

Ok,

The PAKs appear to be exactly the same.

I donā€™t see any obvious structural differences at all.

As soon as the download is finished I break open the PAKs and get the models out.

Once I get them out, Iā€™ll make some simple changes, and try to shove them back in.

1 Like

Youā€™re doing gods work friend

3 Likes

Yeah, everything looks the same so far.

Got it all unpakā€™d just fine. Converted the sounds just fine. Converted the textures etc just fine.

Got to knock out some models for work real quick, as soon as I get them done, Iā€™ll get to pulling the models out and trying to get them modded.

As for texture and sound mods, that looks to be really really easy. Might test making one of those just for the hell of it.

1 Like

Ok,

Had a few minutes before lunch.

Was able to get a few parts out of Aria and Orchids .kimesh files after digging in the hex files.

Have this brought out into Maya. Iā€™m going to make a few very small mods to one or two of the model pieces and try to reinsert it into that characters PAK files.

If that works out ok, we should be good to go. Will just need to examine each of the pieces to get each one mapped out in HEX correctly.

4 Likes

:smiley:

Curious how this turns out. :slight_smile:

Glad to hear youā€™re back on this arguably interesting side of KI. Iā€™d wondered why nobody had modded the KI Ost yet (other than because itā€™s good enough that it doesnā€™t necessarily need modding). Wondering if youā€™d have to edit the pak viles via hex for music as well, but itā€™d be interesting to see just what else you could do to, say, tweak the announcers etc.

Has no one modded the sounds yet? That should be REALLY easy. Iā€™ll replace one sound here in a minute to see. That should be easily doable for everyone though.

Iā€™ll post up some scripts to do that if no one else has.

1 Like

Yeah, I replaced the ā€œFight!ā€ callout with the ā€œKiller Comboā€ callout.

Then replaced it with myself saying ā€œOrchid looks stupidā€ when the fight started.

Looks like its not too complicated, Iā€™ll try to make a few scripts to make it easier for everyone to use when I get some time.

I can go ahead and reupload all of my extraction scripts if anyone wants them. Its just like 2 clicks to extract all of the sounds from the game.

1 Like

The other remaining question is whether any changes will be overwritten when the game updates.

Is it possible for you to provide video footage?

Could you possibly share some instructions on how to replace files and repack the archives? Of course it shouldnā€™t be done on this forum as far as the rules go if memory serves, but modding the game would be an interesting experiment in terms of music etc

After all this timeā€¦out best hope has returnedā€¦Beterthnyu, modding was a selling point for me as well, I followed your progress in the other discussion, and I eagerly await to see what you can put together, but please, if PAKā€™s looks the same, please mod the MS Store version as well, your Orchid looked very promising as well as your Sabrewolf. I am not sure why you left but I am glad you are back. Take care.