When do you suppose we'll hear about the ultra edition contents?

I hope it is not some additional game. We have KI1 and KI2 arcade which are the ones that matter IMO. I hope the extra content is purely KI2013 stuff like costumes and possibly a bonus character. Something to beef up the game or perks for Ultra users.

An exclusive set of skins for each Season 3 character to coincide with upcoming 2017 story mode launch sounds efficient!

I would say season 1/2 skins but Iā€™m going off track record-

Season 3 exclusive ultra edition pre order new skins sounds awesome

1 Like

Probably some costumes & KI themed DLC for other games for example Fulgore themed armor for Halo

1 Like

But they donā€™t even use the skins in the story. It would be cool to see the character accessories to actually be used in the story but it has yet to happen. Why wasnā€™t Mystic Kan Ra not used at all, that accessory/skin was sick.

1 Like

Maybe they could throw in some features that would be exclusive such as classic survival, where everybodyā€™s always in their classic costumesā€¦purely cosmetic so anyone else wouldnā€™t be missing any key game content, but only available for ultra edition.

Ultra Edition includes Ultimates & a 2nd Ultra Combo for each characterā€¦ yes, I will pay an extra $20 bucks for this alone.

1 Like

If ultimates are already in season 3, Iā€™d pay for alternate ones. Maybe a pack of retro ultimates from KI 1 or 2.

Iā€™m really surprised we have heard nothing about thisā€¦

I find it really hard to believe there will be a $40 Ultra edition without an arcade game to include. I donā€™t know if that means a $30 Ultra with costumes or what.

I hate to be negative because Iā€™m so hype for S3 but I kind of agree with @Dayv0 that they may be pushing the secrecy a bit to far with 6 weeks max before launchā€¦

2 Likes

And I also think it would be awesome if we could mix the accessories from the default costumes with the retro costumes

Hey guys. How does the Ultra Edition works? If I buy it I get all the characters from all seasons or I do have to buy one Ultra Edition for every season?
I mean if I want to buy everything at once, is it possible?

The Ultra Edition of any given season is the complete package for that season with some bonus goodies thrown in, as well as early access to updates and characters.
Example: Season 1 Ultra got you all 8 characters, a premium accessory set for each character, a retro costume with its own accessories for each character, and a port Killer Instinct Classic from the SNES/Arcade. Season 2 Ultra Edition did the same, but with the 9 S2 characters (and their customization options) and Killer Instinct 2 from the N64/Arcade.

Thereā€™s also a ā€œcomplete editionā€ that gets you both Season 1 and Season 2ā€™s Ultra edition. It does not get you Season 3, though. That Complete Collection will likely be replaced once S3 finishes up with a version that has all content from all seasons.

1 Like

I agree. They donā€™t have to go against MKX or SFV, but new customers and existing FG players have probably already chosen what to get in case they were contemplating what to buy with their money based on what information has been out in public. SFV and MKX details are (have been) everywhere from contents to pricing.

Alright. So, Season 3 comes out and I would like to have everything from the past seasons, plus, get season 3 and itā€™s future characters as they are released. Is there a way to do that or whatā€™s the best way to do that?

Not right now. They have not announced any kind of S3 pricing at all. I suspect there will be an option to get everything at once, but all we can do right now is guess.

EDIT: also, itā€™s awesome that you want to get the full game. I think youā€™re going to agree it is well worth it.

1 Like

Not sure about S3 pricing yet. Nothingā€™s been posted.
For all the content possible (assuming you didnā€™t already get S1 when it was free) would be the Complete Edition. It has all the S1 and S2 characters, outfits, stages, and both classic games, and his typically slightly discounted from S1/S2 by themselves ($60 total rather than $80)

1 Like

I bet most of potential new customers will be lost in Street Fighter V matches to even hear about KI or contents, after next week itā€™s a wrap lol

Hoping we hear something before end of February -

Iā€™m actually kind of baffled that the launch of S3 is less than a month (-30 days) away at this point and they still havenā€™t done any real marketing for the game yet. People need to know stuff more than a couple weeks before a game launches like pricing, pre-order information, PC version requirements, etc.

While Iā€™m sure that is all coming sometime down the road of February I just think itā€™s cutting things a little close. Also itā€™s kind of weird that all we know is March at this point as well. Stuff like this is usually decided upon months in advance internally Iā€™m sure so from the communities perspective it weird to have to keep them secret for so long; but from the developers or company perspective announcing things too early that may or may not change later is the problem Iā€™m sure.

I bet most of potential new customers will be lost in Street Fighter V matches to even hear about KI or contents, after next week itā€™s a wrap lol

Hoping we hear something before end of February -

Thatā€™s actually a great point as well. SFV hype is real right now but also at the same time releasing information too close to SFV release date could also end up bad. Lets say they announce a release date on Tuesday along with a trailer or something, it wouldnā€™t really mean much because SFV launches on that same day. Not many people are going to bother being hype about something that is still weeks away instead of playing SFV which is available and ready now.

So itā€™s kind of a lose/lose situation for MS. Releasing info too close to SFV and people forget or release everything too late and itā€™s not enough time for the word and info to spread and the launch of S3 insā€™t a good one or as good as it would of been.

2 Likes

There is a Window/Xbox event on the 25th of this month. Am guessing they will announce the date then along with more info. Maybe even drop a ā€œAvailable Nowā€ because Keits did hint that it may be playable before March.

That being said, I wouldnā€™t expect any marketing besides more character trailers and maybe a season trailer like the Season 2 video with all the silhouettes.

Yeah its pretty absurd that there is virtually no talk or marketing about it leading up to season 3, if youā€™re not a part of the community you basically have no way of knowing what is happening until its already out. No preorder hype, nothing. Kind of sad really, youā€™d think they would want to spread the word and get people excited.

a kim wu concept art release will be shadowed completely by the launch of sfv