What was your first fighting game you ever played?

streetfighter 2 arcade, it was literally brand spanking new. i begged my late grandfather for a quarter to play it. my first pick was Ryu and i was in awe at how the game sounded and played. naturally i died and i was dragged off the machine by him

This thread is just showing how old we really are. :grin:

4 Likes

Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution 2 on the Wii.

MK3 and KI on my SNES, though technically its SF2 on a friend’s Sega

Probably SF2 SNES, at the stores when they had games out for demos, or Mortal Kombat for Sega at a friends house. I think I also rented Justice Leauge Task Force for Genesis one time. First one I remember actually owning and playing a bit was Virtua Fighter 2 for Sega Saturn, although that was just messing around with friends. I didn’t actually get into fighting games until the last year or so.

Too young to remember which one of the 3 I played first, but these 3 games were the first video games I ever played at like 3/4.

First,

Close second,

1 Like

THE KING OF IRON FIST TOURNAMENT.

ENTER THE TEKKEN.

1 Like

Dark Rift was so close to being a good game…

This right here was the sheeet when I was young! Id walk up tot he store and play 5$ of quarters all day!!!
this and Karate Champ were the 1st fighting games I played …then SF 1!!!

2 Likes

From the Timeline where the future was dark, to the timeline where the dark future was averted.

Yep. I never play Dark Rift in my life. But that game look awesome… Is it fun?

Yoooo! But it’s only on PC… : (

It wanted to be a Tekken ripoff so it features tap tap tap combos. If you are familiar with Mace: The Dark Age that’s probably the closest comparison. My Brother and I killed a few afternoons, but no I wouldn’t say Dark Rift was particularly fun.

King of the Monsters 2, on Genesis

Aqua Slug all day!

Mister’s first fighter was BOXER for Atari. If that doesn’t count, MK for Sega Genesis. I didn’t really dig in until Guilty Gear for PS1, though.

Madam’s first fighter was also BOXER, if that counts. Otherwise, she played a lot of SF2 on a cabinet at a bar in Detroit, and later for SNES.

Eeeeeeh not so much… Dark Rift leaned more towards that realm I suppose, but it never tried to be anything outside the Trilogy of Terror series.

It’s okay, I would say it’s fun in very small doses but as a whole, no - not so much.

Personally, I preferred Clayfighter and Mace:The Dark Age

Takeshe and Xiao Long were awesome!

1 Like

Mace The Dark Age gameplay videos make me want to play that game. But I don’t have N64 console anymore… T_T

I think MS should revive this fighting game like KI2013… Tusk as guest for new Mace! DAH!

1 Like

Mace was a lot of fun, sort of despite itself. It had strange timing tap combos and then aggravatingly difficult fatalities. But it was fun to goof around with. I doubt it stands up as a competitive game and the controls will probably seem pretty stiff by today’s standards.

I’ll do you one better…

Tusk + Thunder = Ragnar

DAH-MEHTAOWHE!

1 Like

They said recently that it will come to Consoles after its PC Release.