What was the character usage for CEO2016?

Nah, he’s not bad at all. There would’ve been one, but Brandon
Alexander didn’t show up.

2 Likes

I am a fan of yours now, lol. Some keyboard warriors were talking smack about your Hisako but that’s why they were at home typing and not risking their reputation (unlike you). Anyway, good job and good luck with your next tournament challenge.

Oh well, I’m glad you got as far as you did in the tournament :slight_smile:

Me too. Make no mistake, it was my 1st “official” tournament, and I managed to have more wins than losses, so no matter what, I was still happy with the outcome, and I even made a new friend with the very guy who put me into losers - that way, I can learn from him and get even better. So, in a way, even though I lost, it’s still a win-win in my book. :slight_smile:

Haha. I appreciate it :smile: And yeah, I went back and watched the replays (the drops :sob:), so I got to see the stream commentary as well. Apparently I was on tilt and don’t use meter properly because I go for and land shadow influence in neutral :open_mouth:

I’m not sweating it - I did pretty well for a mediocre Hisako player :smirk::thumbsup:

You not mediocre. I don’t allow you to say that even if your very nice LOL

1 Like

It was alright. :neutral_face:

LOL, Kidding. You did amazing!

Wish I was in 9th place… :sob:

Lol. No, I’m pretty sure I’m not a mediocre Hisako. Someone said that in the chat in the first match with Liger, where I got mopped pretty handily. :joy:

Liger is just an amazing player overall. Don’t worry. Next time!

Oh, definitely. That long set we played last night though was suuuuuper helpful. I learned a lot about what a footsie-based Riptor looks like, and the spacings and ranges for a lot of her shenanigans. Dude was also super cool :thumbsup:

1 Like

Those were very unexpected, I rarely see those from Hisako players. Quick question, can you jump out of it after the freeze or is it like Thunder’s command grab?

Nah, it’s like Thunder’s shadow grab. If you weren’t holding up before the freeze, you’re SOL.

2 Likes

Yea that’s what I meant, forgot to mention “Shadow” there… Hard knockdown too, if I’m not wrong? Not sure why the commentators didn’t catch on to that.

Yeah, it’s a free setup with full wrath afterwards, so very good for establishing your oki pressure. The commentators weren’t criticizing me for using it though - the “waste of meter” thing was from some stream monster in the chat.

But yeah, shadow influence is most definitely not a waste of meter, and anyone who thinks otherwise doesn’t deserve to offer commentary on the character IMO :joy:

3 Likes