What if Killer Instinct appeared as 3D fighting game?

What if Killer Instinct appeared as a 3D fighting game instead in the style of Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance-Armageddon & Tao Feng?

1 Like

Personally, I would never play that game as 3D fighters aren’t my thing. Not that it would be bad. Just that I don’t like 3D fighters.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be interested. I prefer 2D FGs over 3D FGs by a mile

2 Likes

It works for some games. Like Soul Calibur, because it was created on that foundation, to be a 3D fighting game.

Mortal Kombat was not and it didn’t work well in 3D space. Same with Street Fighter.

So no, wouldn’t want it for KI either. It works well on 2D space.

Some fighting games have the illusion of 3D space though, without actually being able to sidetep and move around other than back and forth. KI did that with the first two games’ Arcade versions, and Arika EX is doing the same as well. Maybe that could be a thing, however, then wall-bouncing won’t really work.

I prefer 2D space fighting games, with Soul Calibur being the exception.

2 Likes

It would be…interesting to say the least. The mechanics would have to change drastically and that might lead me into not being so interested by the game anymore.

I want KI character in a Soul Calibur

3 Likes

I could be pleasantly surprised, but it doesn’t seem like the things I love about KI translate to a 3D fighter.

Tekken 7 is a good example of 2D characters fighting in a 3D space.
Play as Akuma and against him, then you’ll see if it translates well or not.

1 Like

going from history, probably wouldn’t like it. 3D fighting games just isn’t my taste.

A 3D Killer Instinct game is something I’m totally against. Looking at the flaws in Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance, Deception and Armaggedon, I’d would not even support it

1 Like

Well wasn’t the original KI basically 3D arena?( arcade not snes)

It was the illusion of 3D. The playing field was 2D. You couldn’t move around like you can in Soul Calibur and Tekken, no sidestepping and the like. But the arena was made in 3D and it moved about to give the illusion of 3D.

3 Likes

the gameplay was 2D.

im not interested in a 3D fighting game so hopefully for me KI never takes that route.

1 Like

3D MK’s were awful, it would be the franchise’s death. Unless it’s Bamco as devs.

1 Like

I agree

Instant reaction: No, I’d drop it pretty much before it was out.

Reasoning: 3d fighting games are less accessible without sight and KI is pretty much the only decent FG for a relatively even playing field, in my opinion.