What games basically stuck with you?

Oh wow…Oddworld totally slipped my mind…fantastic game

Shenmue, Super Metroid, Mario Kart, KI Mario & Zelda on 64.
KoF 94-98 & Street fighter Alpha series.
Gears of War 1&2, Mass effect 1&2
Skies of Arcadia & Chrono Trigger

I need to make some time & play Ori. That game looks legit! …oh & Castlevaina LoS was a great game. I haven’t played anything past the 1st one, but that’s only cause I enjoyed the 1st one so much I’d rather not ruin the experience & great memories I have.

2 Likes

Boxing
Pro Wrestling
Solar Striker
Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins
Gargoyles Quest
Sonic the Hedgehog
Street Fighter 2
Mortal Kombat
Super Street Fighter 2
Mortal Kombat 2
Sewer Shark
Sherlock Holmes
Killer Instinct
Virtua Fighter 2
Corpse Killers
NHL All Star Hockey
Night Warriors: Darkstalkers Revenge
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
Panzer Dragoon 2 Zwei
Castlevania: SotN
Suikoden
Krazy Ivan
Soviet Strike
Final Fantasy VII
Crash Bandicoot: Warped
Final Fantasy Tactics
Tekken 3
WCW/NWO: Revenge
Gauntlet Legends
Sega Rally 2
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance
Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks
Soul Calibur
Sonic Adventure
House of the Dead 2
Resident Evil: Code Veronica
Power Stone
Skies of Arcadia
Grandia 2
NFL 2K
Twisted Metal Black
Legacy of Kain: Defiance
Rogue Squadron 2
Halo
Crimson Skies
MechAssault
Lost Odyssey
Guitar Hero 2
Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing: Transformed
Mortal Kombat
Metal Gear Solid 4
Uncharted 2
Tomb Raider
Killer Instinct 2013
Ori and the Blind Forest
Gone Home
Oxenfree

They’re not all winners, but I’d say that I have specific memories of playing those games and specific memories of the people and the time in my life that I played those games in that have stuck with me until this very day.

1 Like

There’s so many and I probably can’t even remember half of them now, but I’ll give it a go:

Jak and Daxter series (up to Jak X)
Megaman Zero series
Mega Man X4 / MMX8
Sonic Adventures
Mario Kart 64
Banjo-Kazooie
Kirby Adventure (for the NES)
Final Fantasy X / FFX-2
Kingdom Hearts / KH2
Dragon Age series
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Primal (for PS2)
Legacy of Kain / Soul Reaver series (especially Defiance)
Killer Instinct 2
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
Battle Arena Toshinden 2
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Street Fighter EX plus Alpha
World of Warcraft
Final Fantasy XIV
Borderlands 2

Will most likely add more later…

Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy XII

Tales of Symphonia
Tales of Vesperia

Legend of Zelda: OoT
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Duck Tales

MK2
MK3
MK9

Castlevania: SotN

Killer Instinct (2013 on)

Destiny

Mass Effect 1,2,3

Just about all the old nes, snes and N64 games, which is why Nintendo should hurry the F up and release a virtual console on Switch. (Special place for the Zelda and Mario games and Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger)

After that though, Halo, Gears, Final fantasy VII and even more so Skyrim, Witchers games and Mass Effect series

@TheNinjaOstrich have you played Mass Effect Andromeda yet? Would love your opinion on the game

Edit: Almost forgot the other Bioware games, kotor 1 and 2 and Jade Empire

Special mention for Braid and Shadow Complex for making me aware of great arcade/indie games

Edit 2: Also huge fan of Metroidvania games because of SotN and Super Metroid, Ori is a modern classic

1 Like

Killer Instinct.
Left 4 Dead.
Gears of War.
Alan Wake.
Alien Isolation.
Resident Evil, REmake, 2, Code Veronica.
The Witcher 2 & 3.
Jade Empire.
Ori and the Blind Forest.
Inside.

These are all my favourite games that I still play frequently. Some of them daily.

Now I must say I noticed that you did NOT put/include Ori and the Blind Forest for your list there :confused: :confounded:

Killer Instinct 1 and Killer Instinct Xbox One
Primal Rage (I miss that game : ( )
Mortal Kombat 2
Mortal Kombat 9
Soul Calibur 3
Donkey Kong 64
Halo 3
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
Super Mario World
Super Smash bros Wii U
Super Smash bros Melee (@JEFFRON27 and I literally played Melee to death with a friend )
Mario Kart Double Dash (Just like melee)
Mario Kart 8
Mega Man 3
Megaman X
Undertale
King of the Monsters 2

these games have been a big part of my childhood and adulthood and continue to be afterwards

Killer Instinct Gold
Mischief Makers
Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon
Goemon’s Great Adventure
Mario Party 1
Mario 64
Super Mario 1 & 3
Pokemon Puzzle League
NieR (Not Automata)
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Persona 3 FES
Banjo-Kazooie
Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3

There are TONS more I could list. My childhood was nothing but playing video games with my family.

Hmm, let’s see:-

Dragon’s Lair 1/2 arcade (seriously, even just to watch this game made me believe in the potential of video games as a source of entertainment, at that age, I was blown away!)

Sonic 1, 2, 3 (The Sonic games got me into gaming, full stop.)
Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition/Super Street Fighter 2.
Ecco the Dolphin.
Mortal Kombat 1/2/3.
Eternal Champions.
Streets Of Rage.
The Revenge of Shinobi.
Golden Axe.
Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee/Exxodus.
Parappa the Rapper/Um Jammer Lammy.
Vib Ribbon(bon-vibri-vibri-vibri-vib-ribbon-bon…)
Bust-A-Groove 1/2.
The Misadventures of Tron Bonne.
Tekken 1/2/3/4/5/Tag.
Soul Calibur 1/2/3.
Chu Chu Rocket.
Space Channel 5/SC5:-Part 2
Silent Hill 2.
Half Life 2.
Portal/Portal 2.
Left 4 Dead.
Killer Instinct.

There are more but it’s a big list already. :grin:

1 Like

Oh ■■■■! I need to correct that. GOOD CALL!! Big time oversight on my part. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I own it! I love it a lot. It’s similar in feel to ME1, where it was more exploration based, than liner like the others going forward. It’s Combat is probably the best in the series. Very fluid and solid. I’m sure if you get it, you’ll like it. :slight_smile:

Silent Hill
Dead Space
Killer Instinct
Shenmue
Gears of War
Final Fight
Final Fantasy VI
DOOM (all of them)
Trials Evolution

1 Like

I have it, only a few hours (probably about 10) in. Dont have a lot of time bacause of a baby at the moment. And while I missed getting back in to it with Sheppard and my favorite crew, I am really enjoying the game nontheless, which is why the bad reviews puzzle me. Will admit it falls short of Mass Effect 2, which is a solid contender of best game ever for me. But still a solid 8,5 / 9 to me.

The world building, and story/character development in this game is still so far ahead of most other games…that it surprises me there havent been more Kotor/jade empire/dragon age clones on the market. Mass effect 1 taught my best friend to appreciate story elements in a game, before that he always skipped cutscenes.

Thats why I worry that eventhough Anthem looked great, it will lose that typical kotor/Mass Effect charm, since there are no comparable games.

Maybe that cyberpunk from cd project (from the witcher series) will scratch that itch.

1 Like

I can easily list off more than 100 titles of games I loved and grew up with, I actually made a list of all the games I’ve ever played minus the gems I may have forgotten, lol.

Anyways, only one game (trilogy) I remember spending the most hours, exploring each end and having the absolute most fun I could ever imagine.

Legacy of Goku Trilogy

2 Likes

BRUH MORE STREAMS PLZ

Lol

1 Like

I’d have to say

Killer Instinct
Capcom Fighting Evolution (The first video. game I ever played)
X2 Wolverine’s Revenge
Street Fighter 4
Tony Hawk American Wasteland
Dead or Alive 3(The first and only time a games story brought me to tears)
Guilty Gear X2
All of the Nintendo DS Pókemon Games
Skyrim

Have you perhaps played dragonbal xenoverse 2? I am considering getting it for switch when it releases next month, bitI never played dragonball titles and the whole mmo/online bit is confusing, in that I dont really understand what I can exect from the game in singleplayer/vs content.

Played the first and I was turned down by the lackluster mmo options and clunky combat mechanics. I got so spoiled by Budokai’s mechanics that jumping into this one was a bit jarring. Though, I’ve heard the second one fixes what the first did wrong but not so much as to feel like a proper sequel. So if you played the first than Xenoverse 2 won’t be all that much newer, if you haven’t than you might have a good time with it.

With any MMO, if you stay in your own hub it may feel a bit lonely, but there are some NPCs around that you can interact with a bit. I heard VS was awful because it’s terribly unbalanced. If you have a friend to play with, I think you’ll enjoy it. Alone can be hit or miss honestly.

1 Like