What do I do when fighting a person who is new to the game?

Feel free to add me @Fwufikins (gt is the same as my forum name)
I’m not the best and I’m not on often, but I can play across the cast so I can at least make a good starting punching bag. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

24/7 triharding

I absolutely despise this phrase.

@Infilament This is really off-topic, but I’m extremely disappointed to notice on closer inspection that your picture isn’t Pee Wee Herman. I had just assumed it was, it seems.

1 Like

I completely agree with what you said, I just started playing KI and as yourself I haven’t even unlocked first 10 matches yet, I played Survival and Dojo/Practice so far, but I plan on improving and starting playing online, and losing is the part of the learning experience, so I fully expect it for a while until I get good enough so I can actually earn my wins, and as long as there’s no tbagging and deliberate intention to humiliate the less experienced player I’ll take my loss and move on.

1 Like

Sorry to disappoint, lol. It’s just a hilarious image of someone tugging their collar that a friend showed me online once. Since I generally look like this while reading the forums, it seemed appropriate.

Related viewing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wol70cBLNd8

2 Likes

For a moment there, I thought ypu were inviting yourself… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I always thought it was Archer.

Ha! Well, if I don’t invite me, no one will.
Ahahaha…haha…ha…
…ha…
(I’m determined to win that forum Oscar, damnit. Lol)

I wouldn’t worry about that Oscar if I were you. I hear he’s such a grouch. Oh, and he lives in a trash can. I don’t know about you, but he’s not the kind of riff-raff I would want to hang out with…

…but to each their own, I guess. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Lol I’d feel like that too after reading some posts. :laughing:

Not if you use it in the right way!

I’m gonna Trihard to beat someone!

Hahaha!..Ha…

@Fwufikins, we might have to try harder for that Oscar. It’s not working! Bring out the big guns. XD

Bring Leonardo DeCaprio in and we’ll win by default!
For it is the unspoken creed of the Academy to never give that award to poor Leo.
It will give The Silver Scrub something to live for

1 Like

Well it’s time to put my money where my mouth is. I did my 10 qualifying matches last night and got placed in Gold, even beat some level 50s… Didn’t win a single match after qualifying (almost beat a 28 shago but nope), I’m just a gold punching bag lol. But I’m learning a lot so it’s still all good. Just push on through until, one magical day, I’ll get a win. dreamy eyes

2 Likes

Don’t worry - they’ll give him an honorary Oscar before he dies. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

New player here and i hate when a better player is not playing serious against me. I’m not learning anything when you only use some gimmicky tactics or weird movement. Maybe its just me, but when i start learning a new game i play to learn not to win and playing against more experienced players that play to their full potential speeds up the learning process a lot.
In my opinion player that get discouraged by losing to better players dont really want to put effort into learning the game. So in my opinion go all out on a beginner, the players who REALLY want to learn will probably be thankful.

1 Like

Welcome to KI! I applaud your great attitude and certainly wish you luck with the game. I’m going to go out on a limb though and guess that you are not truly green and have some experience with fighting games? Am I right? So you can probably defend yourself a bit and actually understand what is happening when you face more experienced KI players. Am I right?

Can we just have a reality check here? No one is learning anything from a 20 second fight where your opponent scores a perfect victory. Yes, you learn from losing and yes fighting better players is way more educational than fighting newbies. But there’s a certain point beyond which the skill/experience gap is too great for this to be effective.

In no competitive game or sport do we teach new players by putting them up against pros and having them get hammered. If you put a high school kid up against LeBron he’s not going to teach the kid by dunking in his face and blocking all his shots. It doesn’t work that way. When I’m teaching my son to play chess I don’t just “play my hardest so he will learn.” I would get checkmate every time in 10 turns and he would only learn to hate chess and me.

While its very stoic and macho to tell new players to “suck it up and learn by letting me pound your face!” We KNOW that this is NOT the best way to learn anything. So while there are degrees to everything I don’t think it’s outrageous to suggest that people might try to teach new players rather than just stomp them.

3 Likes

I like the idea of teaching new players. I think it would be nice if there were a way to make the time limit unlimited for such sessions if I were to run into inexperienced players who are interested.

3 Likes

The suggestion of an “online training mode” came up on the older forums, and I know it was greeted with a very positive response - even from the devs if I remember correctly. It’s something they haven’t been able to implement but I would whole heartedly support it. All you need is an infinite timer, and it might be good to set it up as a lobby, so multiple people could watch and participate.

2 Likes

I’d play my usual game as that is what I would want when facing an experienced player. I want to see what character are capable of, it’s not about winning when you first pick up a game. And actually. exhibitions is not ever about winning to me but about practice.

2 Likes