What are your KI nitpicks?

They’re already broken as AF. I like ARIA’s juggles. Crap’s mad good. Same with sadira. MIX-UPS FOR DAYS!!!

Right now, I have a setup where the only way to beat that setup is to not quick rise. Beats Dp’s, counters, anything you can possibly think of. Because you DP, I get a free juggle. You block I get free frame traps, you backdash, free punish.

MIX-UPS FOR DAYS!!!

Yea Tusk in general just seems very rushed/unfinished to me. A lot like TJ and Maya. Very low texture quality and a clipping nightmare

1 Like

My only really nitpick is that characters say the same thing every time at the beginning and end of a match. For me it gets stale after a while.

“Stage Ultra!!!” very cringe worthy

Less Finishing Moves compared to the 1st 2 games!
Still no Orchid (KI2) Costume!
And it’s been 2 years, and multiple updates.

1 Like

I mainly want an Arcade Mode: hopefully this will come when they add Gargos. I hope they add an Arcade Ladder and fix the VS screen

Agreed, the shadows used to have so much detail, carrying all the colors of your character. Now they’re just purple. I know its a whole new color scheme / motif, but it doesn’t look as good.

Oops, sorry if you were talking about “Shadow Mode”, I’m actually referring to the Shadow Moves.

I agree about the shadow moves. Way less detail, just a purple shadow.

Hey now… I for one am glad I still get to see the old character select animations.

2 Likes

It also makes sense to have those animations on that screen. It just works.

I was indeed referring to my Shadow in Shadow Labs. :stuck_out_tongue:
Just think it’d be nice to show off our characters how we’d want to play them, you know?

That’s right. Putting the new silhouettes and animations on the vs screen wouldn’t look good at all.

Personally, I disagree. While the animation itself is okay, when I look at it in conjunction with the fact that some characters are further back or more up close than others (TJ vs Aria for example), characters get frozen when their blinking, the large, unanimated logo…

For me, there’s not much that I enjoy about this particular screen. It’s not horrible, don’t get me wrong. I just think that it could be better, it could be more polished, etc. This particular screen, on the original KI arcade version, was dark, somewhat minimalist, and the look felt cohesive.

In this game, the large unanimated logo, the different sized characters blinking, the stage still flowing by in the background, the freeze of all that, which lasts for several seconds… Like I said, it’s not horrible, but it could be better IMO, which is why it’s a nitpick for me.

Personally, I like the new ones a lot more.

I’m not talking about putting silhouettes on the vs screen or reusing any animations from the select screen. I’m talking about scrapping the entire vs screen as we have it right now and have some sort of canned animation that can play through while the game’s loading, something along the lines of the season one dossier animations so there’s (hopefully) no long, frozen pause.

I’d personally like to see them take a more minimalist approach. Have a black background, perhaps the triangles in the middle sectionlike we have on the site right now, an animated KI logo with green and purple for season 3, maybe the vapors moving around behind it and silver line of polish roll on it, and then have the large, dossier type animations for the characters on either side. I feel like that would look better and more unique than using the same generic spin-in animation for every character while the stage scrolls by behind them in the background, the eyes blinking, the tacked on logo, the freezing, etc. Just my opinion though.

Rash retro having the red elbow things and a belt instead of his spikes elbow pads

Lack of zoom in

The combo ui being out of place still

1 Like

I haven’t actually tried Shadow Mode yet, but I get what you’re saying. Funny that would be left out.

-Some animations, particularly ending animations after stage ultras, it’s lame that Orchid got her regular ending animation.
-They removed Orchid’s summoning firecat during the combos and during the enders. While I can understand why they did this, one of the best things about playing this character was you can do 5+ ultras with this character, and let alone it’s not easy, which made the character more enjoyable and rewarding to play.
-Not all characters have ultimates
-humiliations
-Dojo mode for all characters, this will particularly with learning manuals for certain characters
-some of the retro costumes, I just don’t like orchid’s hair texture, and fulgore’s retro looks fat.
-There are adding too many guest characters, I hope they stop at 3.
-Cannot alternate the colors of accessories especially the retro ones.

A character related nitpick,

Maya is really bland without daggers. For a warrior I feel like without daggers she is nothing like a warrior. A grappling style or punches when losing her daggers would be appreciated.

My expectations about the word “rework” were too high.

Hey guys. Been playing since Season 1 here, and the first thing I notably missed in transition to Season 3 was the music during the Ultra Combos. It feels softer and less punctuated. I was hoping there might be an option in development to alternatively revert back to the “classic style” (unless it already exists and I haven’t found it).

That said, I have not read through all the comments here and do not know if this has been previously addressed, but does anyone agree?

Breaking fireballs or projectiles. Necessary I guess, but a bit odd if I think about it. Seeing Fulgore’s eye lasers get broken is still a bit…can’t find the right words.

1 Like

My Wulf/Mira nitpick

I wish Wulf had bats as assists or projectiles (and Mira beetles instead).