What are your KI nitpicks?

That was flagged? Really…oh come on…

1 Like

Lol it was funny not really ban worthy tho

If it made you feel better, I add an like to that lol

Hmmmmmmm…

I still really want more stages for everyone…:sweat:
And some improvements to practice/dojo mode, like KI2 music, online training, and some more lessons to help folks get off the ground with new characters easier and understand weird mechanics.

The survey results have me hopefully about Ultimates at least… :slight_smile:

Though, I should say that I do actually have a more unique bugbear…
There’s one stage I feel could use some improvements…Sadira’s Stage is a pretty cool stage, but there’s stuff in there that you could see in S1/2 that I really liked. Specifically the background outside the cave with all the misty rock spires over the water.

You can see it clearly in her story mode endings.

I absolutely adore this background. It feels like an upres’d version of an old Doom skybox from the first episode.
But it sucks because we never really get to see it, at least not anymore. In previous seasons, you could see it by standing in certain parts of the stage if you did the ultra, but there’s always been a rocky outcropping in the way that obscures it. And now with the new lighting, it’s become all bright and blurry so you can’t see it at all! :sob:

If some tweaks could be made so we can see this awesome skybox in all of its glory, mystical and ominous, giving a greater sense of depth to the stage, I’d be eternally grateful.

2 Likes

There is even a small image of the Lochness monster way in the back as well.

1 Like

“eyedol” is specific enough

Well a “nitpick” is a small grievance you might have with something, a minor detail. An entire character doesn’t really fit that exactly, what about Eyedol do you dislike. :stuck_out_tongue:

in the context of the game one character is minor, however, if you insist: I think the character is well done, but he’s too well done. His jump+hp seems almost impossible to anti air, he has an infinite corner loop with his command grab, he has two play styles that switch too often and can be forced - the opponent can also switch between rounds, which should be impossible. To be such a big character he has an incredible walk speed, so why does he need a run? The zoning-pip loop, f’ing sucks. The re-capture loop. His normal throw beats command throws - although they’re throw invulnerable (wtf). Overhead meteorite that can be mixed with the low electricity (wtf), that’s not easy to block. He’s plus on most of his attacks, the worst is -2. The heavy version of his head bash is like +2, wtf…jump+hp is +11 why do anything else? His normal attacks, ■■■■■■■ awesome… This character has 0 flaws, even in mage mode, if you’re not comfortable zoning, his incredible normal attacks make up for that. Eyedol is button-mash city. Imagine season 2 shago with jago-like frame data, that’s Eyedol.

• The fact that training mode doesn’t have a quick reset option for instinct meter, and the fact that after restarting with meter refill on you have to wait for the meter to sloooooowly fill up to maximum is really annoying when recording combos.
  • Lack of costumes/announcers to buy seems like a huge missed opportunity.
  • Post-match character outros should definitely be skippable. As it is they’re a big chunk of wasted time after a match.
  • Ultras existing in online play is seriously detrimental to the game. Having to watch a character outro is bad enough, but the fact that a player can spend more time after a match jacking off their ego than it took to play an entire round is just dumb.
  • I still sometimes have issues connecting to certain players online. No idea what’s causing it but it’s a bit frustrating.

I agree, and add that the Ultra Combo is probably the least exciting/engaging finisher style in fighting games. MK has fatalities and brutalities (brutalities are a stroke of genius), Street Fighter has super finishers that make the last hit look anime AF. KI has (arguably) a waste of time. Not to mention, fatalities/brutalities and super finishers add a bit of character to their performers. Ultra combos don’t do much of anything to characterize KI’s combatants any further.

To fix this, I would suggest replacing ultra combos with ultimates, but you have to combo into an ultimate for it to trigger (thus maintaining the association between KI and combos). Ultimates are potentially quick, they can be differentiated more clearly than ultras from character to character, and they offer closure after a fight (your opponent is done).

[quote=“DEClimax, post:211, topic:6298”]
Ultras existing in online play is seriously detrimental to the game. Having to watch a character outro is bad enough, but the fact that a player can spend more time after a match jacking off their ego than it took to play an entire round is just dumb.
[/quote]I’d be more inclined to agree with you if we weren’t holding this conversation on Ultra-combo.com. :wink:

2 Likes

Just the name of the shop, love.

Either way, ultra combos are a big part of what makes the game Killer Instinct. As much as Fatalities are an integral part of Mortal Kombat. I don’t see how they’re detrimental in the slightest, there’s no need to rush from one match to the next. That’s just opinion though, so I don’t mean to nitpick your nitpicks.

I do agree with most of your points however.

There’s a need to rush from one match to the next when your goal for the night is 50+ matches.

That’s not really something you can control though, many games have features that you can’t skip. You play Overwatch you can’t decide it takes to long for the “play of the game” to run though and skip it so you can get to the next match. Its just part of KI, though I know your sentiments are common and that there are a lot of folks who prefer to rush though the experience. Thankfully I’m not one of them, I’d rather drink a beer and have a good time than stress over milliseconds wasted between bouts. :sweat_smile:

Maybe they could add in a “bow out” feature so people that are loosing can just flip a switch and leave so they can attend to more pressing matters. Still accruing a loss but not having to sit through a finisher & win pose.

You’re right, it isn’t something I can control. That’s why I dislike it.

2 Likes

2Meta4Me :fearful:

1 Like

I’ve got no clue who you’re talking to.