What are you watching?

Actually go90, but here’s a link:

https://www.go90.com/profiles/series_80834f0f307445c19a4c64cbfa143b17

2 Likes

My brother picked up Star Wars Rebels on Netflix after seeing the new Rogue One a Star Wars Story trailer.

Started watching RWBY and trying to finish Jojo’s bizarre adventure.

Also watching Ace Attorney! (Yes, it’s an anime on Crunchyroll)

Which’s part?

The third season. I want to finish that, watch The Egypt one, then move on to the new season. I’m kinda behind.

Oh, I’m sure you will finish watching Jojo part 3 soon. :slight_smile:

I think I should watch Texas Chainsaw Masscare on TV today because it’s Oct now. lol

Time you revive this thread…

I just watched Assassins Creed…OMG it was so confusing and hard to understand. Over all it was horrible. It could have been so much better.

Watched “Allied” last night. Absolutely amazing movie… 5 stars… best classic spy movie I’ve seen in a long time. So well written and filmed. If you haven’t seen Allied and you like WW2 type movies or spy movies… this is super good and its not boring like most spy movies can be.

@BigBadAndy @R1stormrider @STORM179 @TheNinjaOstrich @xSkeletalx @Dayv0

3 Likes

I saw John Wick for the 30th time lol

1 Like

Just got done rewatching the Sopranos series and now I’m rewatching Oz :grinning:

2 Likes

Marvels Iron Fist

This year i saw “Stranger Things” (it was entertaining but i didnt found that masterpiece that everybody talks about) and "Westworld (really good serie).
Ill become crazy before the release of “Game of Thrones” season 7, im also waiting for “Better Call Saul” season 3.

1 Like

I saw Allied on the plane last weekend. Very good movie, if a bit depressing.

watching The Expanse season 2, so good!

1 Like

Yeah the ending was shocking and sad. Like I wasn’t expecting that to happen when it happened!

Man OZ was my show back in the day! When OZ came on the phone went off, lights out, no talking, …OZ was serious business! Such underrated show on HBO.

1 Like

I recently watched the original run of Samurai Jack in entirety, and I’ve been tuning in each Saturday to catch up (or catching up on the DVR).

I also went to see Kong:Skull Island with my brother and we had a blast. It was really fun when it wanted to be and really dark at other times, gorier than expected, and it had a post credits scene that got me rather excited.

Other than that I’ve been browsing the likes of Amazon Prime for some shotty Z-Tier horror flicks. I was also disappointed to find that neither Netflix, Amazon Prime, or Hulu have any of the Godzilla movies or either of the good King Kong movies. Amazon only lets you watch them if you go and buy them online. And that sucks.

If there was a Killer Instinct anime, I would watch that but until “whenever” that happens, Samurai Jack season 5!

Just finished watching the second season of the show “Love” on Netflix. It’s a half hour Judd Apatow show for Netflix with Gillian Jacobs from Community.

Not entirely sure why I marathoned two seasons of the show this week. I was never particularly interested in the show. Just turned on Netflix one day to find a show to watch, saw it, and was like “sure, okay.” I think I was actually looking for Stranger Things, which might be next on my list.

Anyways, the show was pretty good. Characters did a good job of appearing human and less like romantic comedy caricatures, or at least the characters (and the actors?) appear to be fighting against those caricatures.

I honestly think it’s difficult to do a love story that’s not horrendously rehashed with characters and plot beats that we’ve seen a million times before. In that regard, I don’t think the show treads super unique ground, but unique enough to be entertaining, with characters I grew to enjoy and care about.

I went and saw Kong: Skull Island last weekend with one of my buddies and I LOVED it. It’s just a fun movie. I like the actors (Brie Larson’s becoming a favorite and Samuel L. Jackson and John Goodman are always great). I could almost see Tom Hiddleston play Nathan Drake in a movie some day based on this. Maybe it was the clothes, but he seemed to look the part.

Anyways, I thought the sets were amazing, the characters and plot were fun and compelling, and all the giant battles and what not were really fun. It’s a great popcorn movie and a great flick to see in the theater. Very happy I went to go see it.

Speaking of Game of Thrones, my wife and I started watching it for the first time about a month or so ago and ended up marathoning the whole series. Not too shabby. I do have to say though HBO’s “1 minute of gratuitous nudity requirement” or whatever you want to call it does kinda wear thin as a shock ploy after a couple of seasons. We get it…adults like to get naked and procreate. Can we get back to the dragons and mideval war mongering yet?

Thing is though, the books are exactly the same way. Sure, HBO used a little “sexposition” in the first season primarily, but as the seasons went on, I thought they actually toned that down for the most part. Sure, there was still nudity here and there, but not like the first or perhaps second season.

The books are amazing though. Very well written and thoroughly realized. Martin’s writing is some of the best I’ve read in a long time. The show does a fantastic job, but I think it leaves out some of the more fantastical elements (if memory serves). Even then though, the show is awesome. Can’t wait for it to come back!

1 Like

That’s how the books are though…they dont just create that stuff for the hell of it. the books are even more sexual and hardcore than the HBO writers Dan and Dave put into the show.