What are you playing?

I guess I should say what I’m playing. I’m trying to get through a Shadow Of Mordor, although I am remembering why I abandoned it in the first place. “Kill this orc.” You show up, he’s immune to everything and if you don’t kill him in two seconds there’s 40 guys attacking you. Have fun…

I’ve also been playing helldivers. It’s free in steam this weekend which got me to try it. I didn’t remember it had already been a free game plus in PS3 (and 4). So now I’m playing in PS3. It’s a fun somewhat grindy twin stick shooter. But it has some ideas that I live including a huge emphasis on multiplayer, and some realism related to things like managing ammunition and the fact that you can shoot your teammates. This makes what is normally a sort of brain dead bullet hell concept into a very strategic game where you need to worry about mine if fire, roles on the team etc. So far I’m really enjoying it even though it clearly has some flaws.

SpaceChem had a bit more of a semblance of “real” chemistry (but even then, they took a lot of liberties since it was a sci-fi game). This game has an “alchemy” theme, so they give story justifications for the outputs you’re building, but yes it’s just a wrapper for “match the pretty orbs together”. There isn’t really any chemistry logic in Opus Magnum.

Since you guys like the look of it, I’ll post a few more solutions I came up with. There are some absolutely stunning solutions on reddit/twitter as well, but if you’re gonna play it, best to avoid seeing too many solutions.

And here’s maybe my favorite solution I’ve seen on twitter so far, as far as aesthetically pleasing goes:

1 Like

One more I just did because it’s pretty cool and symmetric.

3 Likes

lol I know the feeling but you have to get him separated from that group…I like to stealth attack him before that happens and if I get bombarded I run away and go back after they have chilled out. Or just keep running and circling around an object until you can blow up some explosives on them.

But I totally get it…I had some really tough challenges mid way through and I had to take a break.

As long as you get info on them and use there weaknesses against them you will triumph eventually.

Shadow of War is much better about making sure no enemy is “invincible” than its predecessor.

I recall one enemy in SOM who was immune to stealth, ranged, and executions, who also carried a shield. RNG made that fight a massive pain, and I had to resort to a huge number of melee strikes (with no execution bonuses) and eventually turn him.

It felt good to beat him, but it also felt insurmountable.

SOW doesn’t really do that, and I’ve never seen someone who is nearly so immune. It’s also a LOT easier to take advantage of poison/fire/caragor/graug/ghul weaknesses, too, considering the amount of bait “shootables” scattered around.

@BigBadAndy BTW the ones that are immune to combat finishers you can hit B and stun them with teh freeze punch then hack away at them and instead of finishing with a finisher use the ground pund freeze thing.
also make sure your Sword rune is set to Flames of Urafael so your sword catches fire and you do that strike thing that 1-2-3-4-5 chop!
I know you are prob like WTF is he talking about but I dont know any other way to explain it. lol

I try and use their fears. Once they are feared, then they can be turned and it doesn’t matter how much health they have. It makes it so much eaiser. Expecially when you combine it with the elf shot that turns them instantly “well no holding B and waiting for the bar to fill”.

elf shot that turns them instantly? In mordor or war? I dont remember that one…but thats cool!

I know the sword catching fire (on critical strikes or whatever they call the permanently timed hits) and I have that on. I’m not sure about the 1-5 chop but but that’s okay.

It all just seems like a lot of work for each random orc who then disappears. I can fight anyone one on one. But if I can’t kill the guy with an ambush instakill, 40 guys show up within two seconds and then it’s just impossible. And, frankly, not a lot of fun. I mean invincible to range, invincible to stealth attacks, fear is Caragors. Either none are around or releasing one makes it attack you - attracts 40 guys and makes him run away.

I know I’m just whining but I get to play in like 20 minute increments because of life reasons and if I log onto this game I know I’m not going to advance and I will be mad when my time is up.

My internet is down at the moment, so I don’t know exactly what it is called. Yes, in SoW there is an ability that uses 2 elf shot and teleport you right to them and turns them. It is one move. If I remember right it is in the slots with the other elf shot abilities. If it is not there then it is with the turn abilities. I also think that you need to either do a quest type thing to unlock it.

Do you turn any of the regular orcs? I usually turn everyone in the base before I go after a boss orc. Plus I have my bodyguard, and another summon ability. The spiders work out real nicely.

I can’t turn anyone in this game

How far are you? You will get the ability right after a fight with a big Orc. His name is Bruz or something like that.

I just made it to area 2

Send me a PM or hit me with a live chat and maybe I can explain my method better. But i know exactly what you are going though… THere is a way

He is playing Mordor…bot WAR… thats why I asked about the arrow turning skill…thats not in Mordor that I recall nor is the spiders

My bad. I was thinking he was playing “war” not “shadows”. I swore there was some instant turn move in the first game.

Might be…I dont remember it though and Im sure i had all skills unlocked

This new Games with GOold game DEAD FALL ADVENTURES looks pretty good for a 360 game! Check it out!
Also Tales from the Borderlands -Teltale game- its supposed to be good too…anyone played either of these games?

Im playing Forza 7 tonight and it looks absolutely amazing on the XBX!

I’ve been playing 2 very different games recently.
Firstly I’ve been playing a lot of Killing Floor 2 as before. Trying to grind up levels so I can get the appropriate stuff to be more helpful to team mates in online games (and higher difficulties), and there’s a Double XP/Cosmetic Crate Drop-Rate weekend, so that’s neat. I’ve even managed to start completing the Weekly Outbreak challenges, which has netted me some cool stuff.
I really like it. The gore, the music, the gunplay, the abundance of different maps both official and community made, the unrelenting hordes of zeds… good times.

Highlight Thus Far: The Up Up and Decay event where the zeds you kill float away like balloons before popping into bits. However I was using shotguns so I wasn’t so much letting them float away as I was ragdolling them into orbit. Nothing quite like seeing a 7 foot tall muscle bound chainsaw monster bouncing off of the walls before hurling off the map and coating the trees with gory confetti

Alternatively I’ve been doing something I thought I never would: my GF and I are playing Undertale of all things. She’s already played it, so she’s acting as my support because this has been an emotional journey…not so much because of character drama but because of a lot of “OH ■■■■ YOU!” moments.
But so far I’m enjoying it. Partially because there are some really pleasing aspects to the design and music but also because it provides a ton of great riff/joke material.
Though I may be should be spent less time in it than I did this week. Not progressing the story, but getting the basically game breaking Temmie Armor. It took a week of grinding sessions to get it for reasons outside of my control.

Highlight, without context:

Character: “You’re blue now!”

Me:

Of course I’ve broke it up a bit. Tried a lot of freeware garbage before hopping back into Half Life 2 for a change of pace.

@FallofSeraphs76 All I know about Tales from the Borderlands is that there’s a really big finger gun fight at an office or something that’s fun to watch.

2 Likes