What are you playing?

1. Six is adorable. I hope the pre-order bonuses become available at some point so could put a tea pot on her head, but she’s my little raincoat.

2. Ending wasn’t confusing at all. I dunno what’s not to get. Six spent the game starving.
    But now that she’s eaten the magic lady she won’t be hungry anymore. She was once a tiny insignificant creature in a big world, but now she’s top of the food chain, able to suck the life out if the very monsters that had been trying to eat her. Now she has her freedom and awaits for the next ship: either to be rescued from her hellish prison… or to have more prey.

@BigBadAndy The main example I can think of besides Limbo (the game that definitely had a lot of inspiration for Little Nightmares) is Doom4. I really wish there was more of that campaign, or that they’d release a single player expansion for it, but I’m happy that the entire experience was memorable.

2 Likes

@Fwufikins Oh yeah, that reminds me: Does Little Nightmares also remind you of Inside by any chance?

Limbo, Inside, and Little Nightmares all belong to the same little niche sub-genre of Indy horror. The “you are a little thing in a big scary side scrolling world” group of games.
So that’s kind of a given.

3 Likes

@Fwufikins In fact, the original title for Little Nightmares centers around that very overall theme and motif: Hunger :wink: :slight_smile:

Have you ever played Unravel? While it’s technically not horror, it still kind of falls into that “big scary side scrolling world” theme. At least I think it does.

1 Like

THE SURGE! = BAD ASSNESS
Get it today!

I have and I agree. Even something mundane can be frightening when you’re so small.
I actually think this is why I find the Souls series has a scarier atmosphere than most horror games. Because the world you’re in is so huge and oppressive, and since you have to face these challenges to get through there’s no hiding from the things that want to crush you.

Indeed, and it doesn’t need to rely on jump scares to convey that feeling of dread. One of my favorite aspects of Dark Souls is that depending on what type of build you’re playing as, you have to figure out a different strategy for getting through most areas. Strength builds can pretty much just run in and slam through most enemies, castors have to remain careful and attack from a distance due to having less health/estus, etc. Or do you just play it safe and cheese with arrows from a mile away, haha!

1 Like

Does Ori and the Blind Forest count too or not really and it falls/catergorizes MORE as a Metroidvania-type game?

1 Like

Hmmm, I haven’t played that so I can’t say.

1 Like

Yes I would say its in that same style.

Max and the brotherhood or whatever is pretty good too

Ive played Unravel, Max, Ori, Limbo, and a couple others I cant think of. THey are fun but get boring kind of quick for me. I do want to play Little nightmares or whatever its called…just too many great games on my plate right now.

***The Surge is amazing so anyone that enjoys Dark Souls needs to play the surge…its so much better than Lords of the Fallen so dont think that Deck 13 hasnt improved there content because they have really knocked it out of the park this time!

Ahhh, I didn’t realize that was a souls-like game. I’ll have to check it out.

I’ve heard mixed things about The Surge. Personally the visuals seem kinda boring, but the combat looks really cool! Like the idea of targeting different body parts for different rewards, and doing combos to get finishers/loot. And I’ll give them props for being the first Souls-like to venture away from Fantasy setting, even if I don’t personally like the aesthetic they chose as much as Dark Souls or Bloodborne. :slight_smile:

Well there def isnt anything boring about it. Visually its stunning. You need to try it and not read what all the hater have to say.

Phantom Dust, hadn’t played the game in forever.

An unsolicited recommendation here, but if you haven’t played Ori you really should. Although it’s not a perfect game I think the overall visual design and the gameplay are incredibly impressive. This is the type of game that will be influencing developers for a generation. Since you seem like a guy who likes games, this is definitely one that is worth playing.

1 Like

I do love side-scrolling platformers. I thought about getting Ori few months ago, but ended up getting into Dark Souls 3. Maybe I’ll check it out once I’ve had my fill of Injustice 2.

2 Likes

If you like side scrolling and Dark souls…Salt and Sanctuary is a must.

3 Likes

I’ve been playing Black Ops 1 off and on. I love to muliplayer to that game over any others in the series. I try to play Ki at least for an hour everyday, if im even in the mood for it. Im looking forward to the Hot Wheels DLC for Forza Horizon 3! It looks so sick! I’ve been wanting to play through the entire dark souls series as well. Might do a stream for it. Black Ops 3 Zombies just launched Zombies Chronicles. I have yet to play it but It’s on my list. Still playing my NG+7 playthough of Dark Souls 3, I have a build that covers everything except high level Miracles at level 203… Midir and Gael are pretty tough of NG+7.
I have been really itching to play through the old Spyro 2 Ripto’s Rage, my favorite game of all time, again. Can’t express enough how much I love it.

1 Like

Injustice 2. I suppose that’s all that needs to be said.

2 Likes