What are you playing?

Back on Salt and Sanctuary…such a great game

PREY. Enjoying it a lot and the game has a lot of compelling design going for it, although the long load times between zones is hampering the experience for me more than I thought it would.

I’m always playing Dark Souls 3, but recently downloaded Little Nightmares. It’s a great game with creepy visuals, but it’s extremely short. I finished it in under three hours. For $20, it should be twice as long, at least. The game does check for DLC when loading, so hopefully there are free expansions coming in the future.

2 Likes

You played Salt and Sanctuary yet?

No. I keep hearing about it though. What is it exactly?

Its an exact copy of Dark Souls but in the side scrolling POP semi big head animated style Metroid /castlevania game.

Its Dark SOuls 1 to the T but with its own names of weapons,boss weapons, NPCs, bon fires = sanctuaries, Salt = SOuls… ect…

1 Like

Injustice 2 Mobile App has my attention at the moment.

I down loaded it earlier on my phone and my sons. Its pretty good! I like MKX mobile better at the moment but Im sure there is a ton of Injustice 2 I need to get used too.

But as far as consoles…Im streaming and playing the crap out of SALT AND SANCTUARY! OMG this game is so good and “cute” lol
Its Dark Souls but so much more fun and the difficulty level isnt too much to where you want to throw your controller through the TV screen. Its just hard enough to keep it challenging and fun at the same time… you cant beat that!

I just got (and finished) What Remains of Edith Finch. It is a very intriguing little short story in game form.
…IMHO the price ($20) is a bit steep considering you can finish it in 2 hours, but It’s very intriguing.

What platforms is that available on?

Salt and Sanctuary? PS4, PC, and brand new to PS Vita.

You should get it dude!

1 Like

Just finished Little Nightmares myself w/ the girlfriend. It’s infinitely better at doing horror than most of the “horror” games that have come out recently. Sure it’s short, but sometimes it’s better to be a well crafted, focused experience than one that overstays its welcome.
But it certainly has had an impact on me. Working through the game and guiding Six through the game , me and my girlfriend started feeling like we had our own adorable, spooky little daughter. Hell, Six is now probably one of my favorite video game protagonists. Especially because of how warped she gets. I mean holy shite. How many games can say that their protagonist eats the final boss? That’s badass! I don’t usually do fan art, but this is probably the fastest I’ve been inspired to draw some up.
Fingers crossed they do update it with more stuff, and hopefully if they do it’s up to the quality of the original game.

Speaking of games that do a better job of building atmosphere and instilling dread than most recent horror games, I too have been doing some Souls. Never actually played through the first Dark Souls, so I’ve been running through that and having a blast. Been splitting time between some of the later game areas like Duke’s Archives, Tomb of Giants, and New Londo.

Plants vs zombie gw2 and Forza horizon hot wheels dlc. :smile:

Now a couple questions about Little Nightmares:
Do you find Six to be REALLY cute too? :slight_smile: :wink: :grin:
Did you find its ending to be very, VERY ambiguous and confusing as well as being a real head-scratcher?

I am increasingly inclined to think this way. Part of it is that my gaming time is limited, but a lot of games get to feel like a chore after a while. I would much rather see a 5 hour experience that I love every minute of than a 15-20 hour game where 10 hours feel like a slog. Horror games in particular usually seem to go on for too long.

Having a blast on Injustice 2.

2 Likes

Including its Story Mode, yes? :wink: :slight_smile: :grin:

And… No. Jumped right into multiplayer to lvl up, get gear, etc. I’ll eventually do the story.
Yeah… eventually.

1 Like

Injustice 2 on repeat

the story is amazballls!!! I could have stay up all night and played but at midnight i had to shut it down…I wasnt even tired…ready to get home and continue for sure.