What are you playing?

thanks for the quick rundown man, i think maybe ill score this game for christmas and when weather is real bad outside i can sit down with it for long periods of time. i think im gonna do a psychopath run through and just kill NPCs that annoy me, id want to see how that plays out haha

currently i am playing disgaea 4 complete edition on switch. i love these games, but i never see them to the end. i like this one the most though, the main characters are hilarious. you got valvatorez, a vampire with a sense of justice and morality. then you got his steward/body guard, fenrich, a werewolf. hes conniving and manipulative in a comical way.

the games really fun too for a tactical turn based strategy game. im still building my 1st 10 man A-Team atm. i just started it so i dont have much in the way of classes and such unlocked yet.

im also still playing tekken 7, im currently breaking the wall down to the usurper rank. ive gotten alot better at the game, i just need to practice more

1 Like

As happens to me with a lot of single player, story focused games, I have not returned to The Outer Worlds since I finished all the missions associated with the first city/area you start in. I want to play it, but my gaming time is divided into playing with my son (Fortnight… we are actually consistently in the top 10 at Duos and frequently the top five. We even win a few now and then. Not my favorite game but I would play worse games with my son) or playing with my brother (Monster Hunter plus the occasional fighting game). So it’s tough to set aside an hour for a game to only play with myself.

once my brother gets that new fancy gaming laptop its gonna be the same for me. we’re going to be hitting up nothing but co-op games on PC and what not. he usually gets home late though, so ill still have some time to play fighting games. long as i can do that, im happy because it takes care of my need to compete against live opposition without the grinding for kit or getting ahead of the gear climb. so, the games we’ll be doing are mostly player vs environment stuff unless he installs something like quake champions and we go kill ppl there or eachother if its a death match

1 Like

Interestingly, it’s the opposite for me: It’s very hard for me and my friends to tag up for Multiplayer now. Either because schedules are too different, or people are just to burnt.

It’s given me a good bit of time to play The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition.

2 Likes

THEY GOT ME!

Just bought Smash, my first ever, and picked up Terry :laughing: Now I will have to enter Evo Japan for Smash and SamSho, I guess.

Showed my kid that I got a nice little present for the Switch. “Oh, SumaBura (SmashBros). I have been playing that with my friends at their house. It has “Hadouken, Hadouken!” in there too, dad”. So there went my little surprise :smile: Rascal has been playing Smash with her three friends…behind my back. Somehow I need her to teach me the mechanics of the game without giving up anything :wink:

1 Like

Glade your family is having fun. i know Jeff and i are with smash bros. and ever sense I got the switch lite i’ve been fighting it out with him and my friends online.

1 Like

I finally bought Iceborne the other week or so ago, it really did give me a legitimate reason to care about Monster Hunter World again. The new and returning monsters were a breath of fresh air, as were the changes to the weapons; most changes are kind of subtle, but being able to course correct the Greatsword with slinger bursts is just great. Also I will say this: I will be sad when they understandably nerf the Tigrex set.

Also the RE2 event was great, I just wish Leon and Claire had layered armors (though Geralt and Ciri got theirs months after the fact, so I guess we just have to wait).

I got a handful of games on Steam’s black friday sale, and so I’ve spent the past day or so playing through Bulletstorm. Never played it before. It’s pretty fun. I had trouble putting it down until I finished the campaign.

1 Like

I’m currently playing through Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove in preparation for the King of Cards expansion (King’s Knight’s campaign), mainly by replaying Spectre Knight’s story; I honestly regret not trying his crazier magic items the first time around, he’s way more fun with them.

Outside of that I’m also getting ready for the PS4’s Horizon: Zero Dawn content in MHW: Iceborne, the next part of which releases on the 13th. It’s still a pittance compared to what the Nintendo MH games get, but at least Sony is allowing Capcom to do more with it. Though if I were Sony I probably would have allowed God of War and Bloodborne content too, since they seriously did the bare minimum compared to Nintendo’s games (which had content from Zelda, Metroid, etc.).

currently waiting for mechwarrior 5, looking forward to blowing ■■■■ up and razing everything to the ground in urban settings

Have you played Mechwarrior Online much? I dabbled a bit bit never got good at it.

I recently finished up Plague Knight’s campaign and have been working on the challenge stages to get my Switch copy ready for the new Shovel Knight expansions. Here’s to hoping it’s a satisfying send-off to the saga because it’s ended up as one of my favorite platformers of all time.

I’ve been sucked back into Halo Reach. It still holds up, that’s for sure. the graphical improvements are sooo good. The anti-aliasing they used on the 360 version always bugged me with all the ghosting it made on everything, but it’s gone now. I just wish they made the PC version cross-play with the XB1 version of MCC. Reach became a family event at my house back in the day. My kids, wife, and I would play together nearly every night. So many memories, like when my son and I played on Exodus on Legendary with all skulls on…took us 8 hours but we did it. And then there was the time me and the kids did a multiteam king of the hill and won! it was so awesome.
And while we still can 4-player somewhat on XB1, we have 5 people in my family now. Yes, we can still do it on the 360 version with one game running on XB1 and one on 360, but still…

Also, unlike all the other games in the MCC, you have to grind to unlock all the armor. It doesn’t seem like it’s nearly as much as in the original version (took me 2 & 1/2 to 3 years to get to the Inheritor rank and unlock everything, but still, it would have been nice if it would have carried over or just had everything unlocked from the start like Halo 3 and 4 had.

1 Like

yeah i was decent at it, my biggest fault was always rushing down the enemy and over extending. so alot of the time when i was a rookie id get totaled bad lol. but after a while i learned how to outfit mechs and made better decisions so i brought in the kills. its pretty satisfying when youd blow stuff off your opponent, or youd get a gauss rifle shot right into their canopy for instant kill, or you blow up their ammo

I’ve always loved the idea of Mechwarrior but had mixed experiences playing it. I started with the vary first one bag in the barely recognizable polygon model days and have dabbled in and out since then. I played some of Mechwarrior online and enjoyed it but never quite ramped into the “proficient” category. I liked the Mechcommander games and the new Battletech game is great - I just don’t spend much tome on my PC so I haven’t gotten very far in it.

1 Like

I truly wish Halo: The Master Chef Collection was part of Xbox Play Anywhere, as I want to play on both my PC and console.

I picked up the Xbox One version this weekend since all the games are there, and I feel more like playing on said console, but I’m cancelling my Xbox Game Pass Ultimate at month’s end (not worth the cost to me since I don’t have the time to binge game anymore) and I don’t have, or want, Xbox LIVE Gold, so if I want to play Multiplayer I’d need the PC version.

I’m gifting my father the PC version for Christmas, and I’m mainly interested in Halo: Reach’s Firefight for Multiplayer with him, so I might simply pick up the PC version of Halo: Reach as well since I can get it for around $8.50 plus tax.

mechwarrior 5 appears to have a campaign similar to the strat game battletech that is fairly new. go planet to planet takin jobs, earn money/salvage, build up mechs, have diff pilots, not sure what else atm. im gonna buy it so i will be postin up here about it later

1 Like

I started playing Quake 2 RTX again. I hadn’t played it much before the RTX mod came out, and I didn’t realize that for some reason it didn’t come with the music files…after I found them online and added them…wow, what a difference playing with music makes! Quake 2’s soundtrack rocks!!

Also I finally figured out how to use my JoyToKey app and have it dialed in to where I can play older PC games with my XB1 controller now. Keyboard/mouse is out of the question for me anymore… my carpal tunnel syndrome is bad enough that playing for more than about 20 min will leave me hurting for days. I don’t have any issues with my XB1 elite controller though, so I’m glad I finally figured out a decent configuration for JoyToKey, because it opens up a lot of options for older FPS games to play that I’ve been avoiding because of lack of controller support.

1 Like

So I spent a few days playing through Shovel Knight’s last two expansions: King of Cards and Showdown. King of Cards feels somewhat Wario-esque with King Knight’s movement and attacks, and in some cases feels harder than Spectre Knight’s expansion (mainly since King Knight’s combat and platforming is not straightforward IMO). Thankfully I ran into only a few bugs in my playthrough: Apparently the game is crashing a lot for some people, but the worst I got was falling through the floor (which only happened once) and a cutscene that refused to work (it got stuck in a loop and I was forced to skip it). They did confirm a patch in the next few days, so hopefully it doesn’t stay like that for long.

Showdown is basically the multiplayer expansion, but it has an arcade mode with stories for everyone. The main problem is that you have to unlock most of the cast, but thankfully you can play on easy to do so (I only have one character left to unlock if I recall). I do find it weird how Shovel Knight is the worst character in the mode though, his moveset is far too basic compared to the rest of the roster.

Overall I can’t complain about what we were given. Shovel Knight was basically in development for years, and gave us a lot of content to show for it. Let’s hope the devs working on Shovel Knight Dig can give us a good game too; apparently that team has a lot of experience working on small indie games over the years, so hopefully they get the time required to make a refined product.

1 Like

Uhhh… I didnt know Ori and WIll of the wisps just dropped? I thought that was coming in 2020?

Its on Game pass as recently added and ready to install …but says March 2020. WHy would you install it now? Weird