What about a stylish gunslinger?

I know you are not joke. But I love rabbit thread because they’re soooooo CUTE!

I have issues because every gun character that I have ran into had players that only relied soley on those moves and nothing else. I feel this is a big issue that needs to be considered. Don’t disregard my case as just empty ranting. I am speaking from a bad experienced I have had against gun-slinger characters. It’d be easy to counter were it not for the fact that guns come out fast and shoot you before you can react properly. And being almost invisible most bullet projectiles it’s hard to see them, so as a result you’ll mean to jump when you only just end up falling into them.

I don’t think unlimited ammo for bullet spitting gun slingers will work well unless that is considered. Eiher that or change the ammo type to something that can be easier to spot, like plasma, or energy of some kind.

That being said I am not saying that everything the character does involving guns has to cost ammo. Think of it in a similar way like Fulgore’s spin speed. If Fulgore just out-right uses his energy moves like fireballs and lasers he loses spin-speed. BUT when used in a combo and what not he does not lose spin-speed.

In the case of the gunslinger it’s a similar concept. If all you do is sit there and spam bullets all day you’ll run out for a time and you have to put up with a long reload time. This balances out the fact that asa gun-using character you’ll have the obvious zoning advantages because you get to shoot fast zipping projectiles that will hit the likes of Fulgore and Glances way before they even get to fire out their projectiles.

Basically you need to be smart about how you use your ammo. In close combat during combos however you don’t use up the ammo. Plus in doin so, you get to stylized the way you use your weapons like some players here have suggested.

Basically if the slinger had unlimited ammo you’ll likely just sit and do nothing but fire the same move over and over with no consequences. This case you are not able to run the match away with something like that. If you want to just stick to one method of fighting, it will cost you.

Basically you’ll have “unlimited” ammo but you can only fire so many before you have to reload which takes awhile and leaves you open if you just waste it. So instead this encourages you to use your ammo a different way. This will seperate the players who use the character’s full potential and those who just sit back and spam.

Reload the gun seens ok.
Theres a gunslinger char on Arcana Heart 3 that need to reload her gun, works great.

My vote still go with unlimited, but reload is not a bad idea.

Here, her name is Petra. Her gun has low range also;

You’ll have unlimited ammo, it’s just if you spam it you get a long reload time. At least long enough for a punish. That’s pretty much it. otherwise I think the gunslinger will function just fine after that.

Sounds good.

@JEFFRON27 and @masterdericobr

I thinkwe have a solution.

A stylish gunslinger, you say?

This would be my dream guest character and would fit in KI perfectly. Probably zero percent chance of it happening, but one can dream.

1 Like

#YES!