War Stars: Last Jedi Trailer

5 Likes

Awesome, but ehhhh… not as great as I had hoped it to be. I feels…thin… like something is missing. Im sure bigger and better trailers are to come. BUt for now… Im not blown away…but I am of course excited for the movie.

Well, it is a TEASER trailer after all…

2 Likes

Judging from this trailer it almost sounds like they’re possibly going to really hone in on the term “balance” in reference to the force…like perhaps Luke figured out that the problem with the Jedi is with such a force for light it had to have a significant polar opposite to counteract it and keep the force in balance. Maybe he’s suggesting they need to find a middle ground instead of being hard pulling towards the light or the dark?

…Hmm…now that I think about it, perhaps that’s what happened in the prequels with Anakin. They had a prophecy that he would bring balance to the force, which the Jedi perhaps thought meant that it would get rid of dark altogether, but instead he ended up being the dark that balanced out the light of the entire Jedi order. :astonished:

The conspiracy theory is afoot!! :spy:

2 Likes

Hopefully they just recycle the plot from Empire Strikes Back and put a fresh coat of paint on it, like they did with episode VII reusing most elements of IV.

3 Likes

Not to go down this road, but none of those elements were original when they did them in Star Wars (A New Hope) either…

Anyhow, I think the trailer looks great. Looking forward to taking the kids on opening night.

1 Like

War Stars do you mean Star Wars?

1 Like

December cant come fast enough for me :slight_smile:

Cant wait for the official 1st full trailer

1 Like

Luke Skywalker: “It’s time for the Jedi…to end.” Now why exactly would you say such a thing, Luke? :confused: :confounded:

Other than that, can’t wait till Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi premieres this coming December 2017 :smiley: :grinning:

1 Like

Could be a “for the greater good” type of mentality that has grown on Luke. The world isn’t so black and white anymore, in Rogue One we saw how far the good people went to assure a better future. Well, the same can be said for the Imperials, in their perspective they are good (hell, in the upcoming game they are good). As for Sith, who no longer exist, maybe it is best that the age of Jedi ends as well, to Luke at least because of no balance between good and bad breeds catastrophy.

So much this movie will bring to light for everyone… it is going to be great as a Star Wars fan.

1 Like

So basically from what you’re saying, this time they’re now FAR MORE gray areas in both Rogue One and Battlefront 2, am I correct?

Now you said that the Sith no longer exist. Then how do you explain the existences of Kylo Ren and Lord/Commander Snorrk who are BOTH Sith in The Force Awakens?

While I understand that the basic storyline of “A New Hope” wasn’t entirely original, the same plot line shouldn’t be used for two different movies in the same series. Some would argue that Return of the Jedi recycled many of the same points that IV already visited.

The Empire: “Damn, those pesky rebels stole the blueprints to the Death Star and destroyed it via its only weakness! I know! Let’s build another one exactly like it and start using it before the construction is complete! It’s foolproof!”

2 Likes

Yes, based on Rogue One and the teaser.

Their existence has nothing to do with the Sith, well it does but not anymore. The Sith is an order, much like the Empire. Both of which no longer exist due to the death of both Darth Vader and Darth Sidious. After the events of Return of the Jedi, both the Empire and Sith fell. Fast forward and now we see the First Order (new empire) and Knights of Ren (new sith). The force of both light and dark have always existed throughout though, I think that’s what you may have been referring too?

1 Like

It’s a fair complaint. I’m just offering some perspective. I saw Empire Strikes back in a drive in when I was four years old. Like most people of my generation, the original trilogy occupies a very special place in my childhood which is never going to be replaced by any new film - because I’m not four years old anymore. I just feel like people tend to overlook that the original trilogy, although excellent, was not some sort of mythical perfect movie series.

As far as Episode VIII, I just enjoyed the journey. I wasn’t worrying too much about how original it was or wasn’t.

EDIT: It’s worth mentioning that you may well see a lot of parallels in Episode IX to Empire. It’s pretty clear in the trailer that Rey is escaping from some traumatic experience in a cave. We’ll see if she leaves her training early to go face Kylo Ren…

1 Like

It actually went through 4, 5, and 6 not just A New Hope.

I think it’s easy to forget how long it has been since the original trilogy had ended. An introduction for a new generation was needed.

Episode 7 did a great job of basically recreating the entirety of Star Wars in a single package, and because of that the next episode are free to explore more.

So the irony- episode 8 will probably be great. And it will be great because of how episode 7 set things up.

2 Likes

(idk if this really counts as a spoiler) How the hell did kylo ren live from a exploding planet?

2 Likes

Im pretty sure Luke is saying that at the beginning of the movie when Ray finds him. He probably takes a day or so to snap out of his funk.

On a lighter note this is funny! Enjoy!