Unwritten Rules

I’ve got my fair share of messages saying I throw/throw tech too much. So I guess don’t throw because throwing is cheap :joy_cat:

1 Like

Uh, ok? I feel like people on this board have a weird tendency to overstate what “annoyed” means. :confused: Dozens of things annoy me throughout any given day; it doesn’t mean I rage, dwell on it, send salty messages, or whatever. Something happens, I feel a flash of irritation, and then I go on about my day and life like a normal human being.

I find it annoying because I don’t play Exhibition for one and dones. If I want a quick match I’ll play Ranked. If I’m in Exhibition, it’s because I want to play a string of games. That’s no value judgement if that’s not how you use Exhibition, but that’s my preference. Nothing more and nothing less.

2 Likes

I do both I typically go for a best of 5. If I’m having fun I’ll extend it further. But I’m also there sometimes because I’m being distracted by other things and want the luxury of not caring and being able to leave on a whim.

Yes, I’ve recently been at the receiving end of this, despite never once dictating who you should or should not play. Not to mention that my main is hardly domineering anyone. You want to explicitly tell me who or how I play, and I’m the one that’s inconsiderate of YOUR experience? It’s unfortunate under those circumstances that you’d find not that fun to be around, but the reality is, neither are you. Who are you exactly that it should be okay for you to dictate your AND my experience again?

/end rant

You missed my point, but that’s okay. I still love you.

Really don’t think so, but okay.

Oh no, that’s my definition of “annoyance/annoyed/annoying” too. My point is that there really isn’t cause to be annoyed in such a situation.

Yes, we have expectations, like yours when you choose Exhibition over Ranked, but there’s no cause to feel annoyed when there’s nothing to indicate malice or contempt or disrespect. Not everyone has the same expectations as you and, as I stated before and others have given examples, there are a myriad of reasons why people may leave after one match or so. These two facts should more than temper your expectations when you log on.

It annoys me when someone leaves after one or two matches but not too much since I do the same thing from time to time. I don’t have to give a reason why I’m leaving early if it’s just a completely random opponent.

Ok :neutral_face:

1 Like

But the cause of the annoyance isn’t that i think they were trying to disrespect me or anything, I simply get annoyed that i didn’t get to play them some more.

1 Like

Then send them a message saying you’d like to play more sometime. Exhibition isn’t some communicationless hell.

1 Like

Kind of is.

1 Like

It is if you want it to be imo. Usually whenever I play exhibition I play 2-3 with someone, if they have no mic I send them a GG, if they’re a lower leveled player I let them know what they could do to improve their game. Doing this usually ends up in a decent conversation or we end fighting again. There have only been a few times lately where I get some douche who bags, taunts, or trash talks.

1 Like

Ah well messages yeah, but I’m talking about microphones. I’ve very rarely stumbled across people with a mic plugged in.

Oh well in that case I know what you mean there aren’t that many people whom I’ve encountered with mics on myself included :confused:. My reason for usually not having mine on is because I tend to lose focus when I’m talking and trying to play at the same time, well that and usually the people I encounter with mics use the Kinect and I don’t want to deal with all the background noise, maybe others feel the same ¯_(ツ)_/¯.

Not that big of a deal, honestly. Sometimes talking makes the experience fun is all. Though, I usually have mine muted, but ready. Like I said though, all good.

Hmm, interestingly since I’ve hit Killer, it seems to be a red flag to anyone in the game to be as unpleasant as they can possibly be to me.

Triple ultras, tea bags, taunts, unpleasant messages, some play I would describe as very cheap indeed, just the most disrespect someone can possibly pack into one match and then some. I have to wonder what is warranting this tidal wave of negative behaviour, does the little “Killer” symbol by your name suddenly act as a “kick me” sign?

I’m merely playing the game as of where the game has placed me on ranked, I don’t expect an easy ride by any means, but where did all of this suddenly come from? I may be a “Killer” insofar as I can take on most Gold players and put up a good fight, but I’ve never once set out with the intention of ruining anyone’s day, yet I’ve honestly seen nothing but extreme hostility from all online game modes since getting here.

Sorry for rambling, I just wanted to rant a little, sometimes when you’re trying to be thick skinned, a little (or a lot) of stuff gets through anyway and starts effecting you, and you wonder why you bothered trying to improve after not seeing a single respectful player for entire days at a time.

4 Likes

That’s just how people are once they get something like a badge or title they think thatmakes them better than others and with that comes disrespect, usually I deal with t-baggers on ranked and haven’t really gone up against any in exhibition.

As for me the only time you’ll see me doing multi ultras on someone is if they’re D-bags who instigated or initially acted like douche canoes or when I play with my shadows but that’s because of my mindset that if you lose to my shadows then you deserve to be ultrad because they’re terrible lol.

1 Like

Killers are supposed to be the best KI players.It takes hard work to become a Killer.But there is a huge skill gap between everyone in the Killer rank.So if a person who is trying to ruin someones day online finds someone they don’t “deem worthy” then yeah they’ll try and bag,taunt and what ever else.You have to beat them so badly that they don’t have room to taunt or bag

1 Like

Eh? But you’re not in control of your shadows at the time…how can you choose to triple ultra? :joy: