Unplayable unbuyable characters

Been troubleshooting for a couple of days with microsoft, I get error messages when purchasing the remaining 3 DLC chars (I bought Shago successfully in the past). I recently redownloaded this game, and own the supreme edition. I get an error message when purchasing all new character (Eagle, Kilgore, Shin Hisako). My CC information is up to date, and has funds. I was advised by microsoft chat that it is a developer issue and that I needed to contact someone here. I have transcripts and screenshots of errors, as well as the links given to me reflecting that the characters are in fact included in the supreme edition which I own. I was told that because I “own” the characters, I cannot purchase them, even though to select them for play takes me to a purchase prompt and then an error message. I hope I’m not the only one, please advise and assist.

1 Like

You’re definitely not the only one with this error (it’s been a common thing for people wanting to play Eagle). I don’t know if they found a resolution or not, but hopefully someone can help. @snickerdoodle maybe?

If you’re on Xbox, press the Start button and select Manage Game. From there, check the Ready to Install section and install all the characters individually. Restart your console and then boot KI to check if they’re back. Hope that helps (its not a guaranteed solution but it might work).

1 Like

On PC.

Come to think of it since people randomly get locked out of obtaining these characters shouldn’t they be banned in tournament because not everyone can get access to them?

I ran into this problem once before. Although I would be taken to the store and wouldn’t find the characters available for purchase but when I click on them it would just say install. Has that happened?

Hey there.

So you’re having issues with MULTIPLE characters, correct?

Can you PM me a screenshot of your KI purchase history?

Done, and yes, the issue appears to happen on Eagle, Shin Hisako, and Kilgore all. I only have shadow jago because I purchased him when he was relatively new. FYI all of the gold and silver skins are locked as well, and I know at least some portion of those are supposedly included in the package I own as well.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/Killer-Instinct-SUPREME-EDITION/BP97519KZH1Q If you look here, the skins and characters are listed in the bundle I purchased, but I purchased it before this stuff was released. The fact that I “should” own it is preventing me from buying it, and none of the content is accessible.

Are you playing on Windows 10 or Xbox One?

Earlier in the thread he mentioned playing on PC/Win10.

Windows 10. I game on PC exclusively. My friend was suggesting I buy the steam version but $40.00 is a hard sell for what I supposedly already own. I’d be willing to part with the 15 or more dollars for the characters and/or skins.

I skimmed and must have flown right over that. Whoops!

Can you give me a screenshot of the error message you get when trying to get Kilgore and Shin Hisako?

Eagle is a separate issue but this is the first time I’ve seen someone having issues with the other two so I’m trying to collect all the info I can.

Same issue as @FDankonia, Windows 10 Store purchase. My KI shows I have the KI Season 3 Ultra Edition, the MS Store page shows I have the supreme edition. Do you want me to PM you my purchase and game screenshots?. I remember that even when KI was new on PC it had to be “activated” first on an Xbox console. Others have seen that if they an Xbox Eagle, Kilgore, Shin Hisako are available. So maybe going to an xbox an doing that would solve the issue?.

If you have the ability to boot up KI on a console and download Kilgore and Shin Hisako, that would be a good step to try.

Eagle is a separate thing we’re working on. No ETA though.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the MS store app saying that ALL other characters are not available for PC, for example, I search Kim Wu and it does not find her unless I change the drop-down menu to “Available in All devices”. Then Kim Wu appears and the description says that I own her, but that “This app will not work on your device” WHAT?, it is the same for Spinal Orchid, Cinder, Tusk and probably all of them. Why does it say that current characters will not work on my PC?

I’ll get you the screencap now.

FYI everyone who’s following this, I resolved my issue through the redemption of a character color pack dlc product code on redeem.microsoft.com before booting the game again. It’s not a perfect fix, but at least one is known. Thank you snickerdoodle for all your help.