Unable to find ranked or unranked matches all of a sudden

I have no idea what happened but all of a sudden, starting a couple of days ago, I can’t find a single match even after letting the game search for 15-20 minutes. Before this started finding matches was no problem. I’ve found a couple of similar issues on this site but nothing that provides any real suggestions or solutions.

I’m playing on Windows 10 if that makes any difference.

Anybody have and ideas?

If it ever takes a while to find matches like that, just back out to the menu and try again. If that still doesn’t work, then kill the tile and restart KI.

Hope that helps! :slight_smile::thumbsup:

I’ve tried that. My computer has been restarted a couple of times since this started happening and it’s made no difference whatsoever. Currently I’m just letting it sit and search while I do other things and it’s been going for about 30 minutes now.

This applies to any kind of online match. Ranked, exhibition, lobby…

Sorry, can’t help you there I’m afraid. There’s a PC problems thread that might be useful to you somewhere around here though.

This happens often on Xbox and requires a hard reset (unplugged from power) to fix. Something about doing this clears random Xbox caches that seem to prevent matchmaking from occurring.

I wish I had an equivalent solution on PC, because it seems like something similar is happening. Maybe unplug your ethernet cable so Windows has to re-establish a connection? Maybe look up how to reset your Teredo address (if such a thing can be done without screwing other things up)? Try restarting your router? I dunno. :frowning:

Ok, now it has just started outright crashing to the desktop after about 3 seconds of searching for a match…

Yeah man, I’d recommend finding that other thread I mentioned - maybe someone else has had something similar happen to them :-/

Just FYI, uninstalling and reinstalling the game fixed it. I’d rather there was a way that didn’t take hours but there you go…