Ultimates are coming!

Most likely never lol :frowning:

Yep

I wish it not so for that to happen. They need ultimates!

4 Likes

Indeed they do/

2 Likes

Just putting my vote in for more ultimates for the rest of the cast please! ā€¦ and stage ultras too! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

what i would want is
a arcademode for all characters as iirc season 3 characters donĀ“t even have their part of a story mode like season 1 and 2 characters (and allow the extra hard opponents on arcade progression to play against crazy shadojago or omen, gargos and eyedoll ) ā€¦
also yes please get in remaining ultimates ā€¦
and please give use the option to chose music based on contestant i mean if f.e. i fight against raam i want to hear his theme (instead of choosing him i and i donĀ“t fight him)ā€¦ this one should not be dificoult to put in ā€¦

1 Like

I was looking forward to my all-time favorite combat game releasing something extremely cool but the animation, intensity and concepts are utterly lacking. These need great improvement on all of them to make it up to the name of KIā€™s brand quality if it doesnā€™t want to enter the temple of shame.

clear example in this video made by someone else of all ultimate moves

YangTheInsane
YangTheInsane
1 month ago
come on whereā€™s the ULTRA violence?ļ»æ

View reply
Craig Peart
Craig Peart
3 months ago
FAILTALATY!ļ»æ

View all 2 replies
Nicky Scott
Nicky Scott
4 months ago (edited)
Jagoā€™s was pretty much for Dragon Ball Z fans (which Iā€™m fine with)
Glaciusā€™ made a lot of sense (even though, it kinda reminded me of one of Sub-Zeroā€™s fatalities from Mortal Kombat X)
Comboā€™s was okay, but I think his Danger Moves from the first game were better
Tuskā€™s was good, at least I think so (though Iā€™m curious on how he summoned fire)
Mayaā€™s was okay, I guess
Shadow Jago was okay at first, but I think that they made it better in the end
Fulgoreā€™s at least for this game was great, but personally I prefer the ones he had in the first game
Sadira and Riptorā€™s were both just insults to the characters
Sabrewulfā€™s was just epic and honestly, I think better then any of his Danger Moves from the other two Killer Instinct games
Kilgoreā€™s is one I just donā€™t like, but I guess some people could get a laugh out of it
Aganos maybe one of the few characters in this game that I donā€™t like, but I would be lying in saying that I didnā€™t like his Ultimate here
Hisako is hehā€¦nothing much to say on that one really
Ariaā€™s was just confusing to me and I think deserved better than what she got
I freaking loved Thunderā€™s Ultimate in this game
Miraā€™s was justā€¦I donā€™t know what to say on herā€™s (and it didnā€™t help that the person who made the video put a mask on here) (I could tell what she did, but even with that it still looks weird)ļ»æ
Read more

View all 2 replies
Jerrymeister88 Just love 2 Play
Jerrymeister88 Just love 2 Play
3 months ago
The ones on super Nintendo are better than this lol.ļ»æ

View reply
cheesebufer
cheesebufer
4 months ago
at first i thought Aganos was gonna hit a strikeļ»æ

View reply
TVBUU
TVBUU
2 months ago
Can they just remaster the original killer instinct please :confused: they really fucked up with this gameļ»æ

View all 8 replies
Alvin Hatza Soesedyono
Alvin Hatza Soesedyono
2 months ago
I donā€™t care, this is epic awesome.ļ»æ

Jay Nukem
Jay Nukem
4 months ago
What ever happened to the good old days when the series used to do legitimate fatalities.ļ»æ

View all 15 replies
MrBeatboxmasta
MrBeatboxmasta
4 months ago
So, Jagoā€™s ultimate is pretty much the same as Trunkā€™s attack in Dragon Ball Zļ»æ

View all 7 replies
jesus halulain
jesus halulain
4 months ago
These are unfortunate. Killer Instinct is easily the best designed fighting game, but these animations are just so lackluster. There is significantly more hype and thrill from just regular combos during the fights. These Ultimate certainly do not do KI the justice that it deserves.

They probably wonā€™t even include Orchidā€™s old Ultimate where she flashes her breasts to defeat her opponents.ļ»æ

View all 4 replies
Wild Borego
Wild Borego
3 months ago
Failed Fatalitiesļ»æ

View reply
D Jones
D Jones
4 months ago
And for as bad as they were (Sabrewulf, Aganos, Thunder, and Glacius being the exception) at least we didnt pay for them. I mean none of them are original (Jago and Fulgore have DBZ written all over) and Hisakoā€™s was an in-game moveā€¦yawns Leave the finishers to the professionals pops in MK XL good attempt nonethelessļ»æ

View all 5 replies
Daniel Osei
Daniel Osei
3 months ago
whereā€™s black orchardā€™s ultimate?ļ»æ

View all 2 replies
Blue Panther
Blue Panther
2 weeks ago (edited)
To me, these are pretty good (Although some of them could be better), Ultimates were always kind of over-the-top finishers

What I donā€™t get is the amount of people asking for Mortal Kombat style finishers, Killer Instinct was always a T-Rated game, and the 90ā€™s were different times, of course the new KI loses a lot of shock value, we grew old!

Just asking here, what gore? Let me see, weā€™ve hadā€¦ being shot multiple times, turned into an ice block, melted, impaled (Or the sword/ice pick dissapearing in the opponentā€™s stomach), smashed into a car, had a car, arcade machine, meteor, elephant, skull, etc smashed into our opponents, many moreā€¦ the only ā€œgoreā€ in KI were the copious amounts of blood spewed through the fight and the finishers

It was ā€œimplied deathā€ on most, and these do the job just fine, you wanted ā€œrealā€ death and gore? Well just like in the 90ā€™s thereā€™s always Mortal Kombat

ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  Hisako man! She literally bends your opponent out of shape, sure it looks like itā€™s doing a ā€œgoofyā€ pose, but thatā€™s the point, the crackling sound of every bone drives it home

I only wish that Fulgore wouldā€™ve done the minigun thingļ»æ
Read more

Brian Medina
Brian Medina
3 months ago
Where is all the gore the original snes game had at least it had bloodļ»æ

View all 4 replies
Michael Rivera
Michael Rivera
2 months ago
this game looks like trashļ»æ

wave no wave
wave no wave
4 months ago
These just all look stupid and lackluster

Legit, KI is the most legendary and iconic fighting game out there on par with Street Fighter and Mortal Combat. Please donā€™t ā– ā– ā– ā–  this up. Iā€™d pay 200$ for a KI game in a heart beat because it was the best freaking fighting game my hands landed on since the 90s snes/arcade and i play KI2 too.

You should put ten times the amount of polish on ultimates that you did right now. They represent the same as ultras do since you decided to go ahead and finish them, then make them count for all that matter.

Please, and then take my money when youā€™re done!

-Dak

Wowā€¦Iā€™d respond, but some of those quotes you snagged to support your claim actually counter your own argument rather well:

But to add to it anyway, anyone remember Thunderā€™s no mercy where he hits Sabrewulf up into the air so hard he comes back down as a can of dog food? People tend to forget KI 1 & 2 were not dark, gritty, edgelord M-rated bordering on AO-rated try-hard games. It was developed by a 3rd party NINTENDO company. The same one that made Donkey Kong Country. And it was chocked full of corniness.

Also the Ultimates in KI3 were made as a fan-service afterthought, and as such were put in despite that the system was barely designed for 1 as a boss feature. The game was simply not built up for the inclusion of Ultimates to the scale that they were added, so the fact that we have them in any form is nothing but fan service.

1 Like

Ultimates were cringy in old KIā€™s, they are cringy here. Also, these were free dlc, go figure.

3 Likes

You DO realize those are all just opinions, right?

@WrathOfFulgore

yup I remember. It had some comical moments for sure.

Lets also not forget the hilarious reaction when Orchid flashes her opponent.

1 Like

Two words:

FREE.
BUDGET.

1 Like

I agree the majority of the Ultimates are a bit lack-luster in this game (though a few are actually really good) but that has to be somewhat forgiven becauseā€¦

1. IG was forced to construct the Ultimates from existing in-game assets.

2. The engine was never designed to facilitate finishing moves.

3. They are free.

2 Likes

I at least wish everyone had got ultimates

6 Likes

Why make a KI without ultimates?

Wat? Some KI characters have Ultimate finishers.

4 Likes

Some Not the whole cast though lol :frowning: my post came out wrong. I really wished they kept the ultimates coming though despite how watered down they were it had potential

1 Like

Keyword being ā€œsomeā€ here. And also, they came out rather late in the gameā€™s lifetime.

3 Likes

4 Likes

:eyes::eyes: did anymore characters get ultimates yet? No? Going back to sleep

2 Likes