Ultimate Source KI toys discussion thread: Info and news here

Some food for thought I’ve been thinking of. Does the fact Hisako has a toy and a t-shirt mean she’s overtaken Orchid (who doesn’t have a US toy or 86’d shirt afaik) as the marquee female in the KI series?

Absolutely not. Even though this series is dormant NEVER

Well I was talking to an ultimate source employee and they’re still selling series 1 figures, Spinal is currently sold out and wave 2 figures are on hold, but they’re not cancelled. Still it’s been nearly a year. Glum, glum, glum.

Does anyone know of the Orchid prototypes are available for sale?
I’ve a feeling it’s going to be a hard to find item so nows the time to buy.

So, here’s a neat random tidbit… Hasbro has the TM for the name Glacius, it is used on this Transformer from the Robots in Disguise series:

Aside from the awesomeness of my 2 favorite things coming together like that, I thought it would be worth mentioning that if Ultimate Source or whoever ever made a Glacius figure they wouldn’t be able to call it simply Glacius. I’ve actually seen that be an issue before, where a Masters of the Universe character named Fisto had to be renamed Power Fist for the early 2000’s line because Star Wars made a toy of Kit Fisto.
In Glacius’s case Hasbro fortunately has come up with a rather elegant solution themselves for legacy characters that had a TM lapse…simply add a title to a name. For example the character Hound became Autobot Hound. So in the case of Glacius, a simple addition such as “Intergalactic Marshal Glacius” should do the trick.
Just thought I’d throw that out there.

…of course this is all assuming we ever get a figure of Glacius…

1 Like