Ultimate Source KI toys discussion thread: Info and news here

Maybe they will announce figures today! I’m sure the smart thing would be to have the new wave info this KIWC

Hopefully they will make a Spinal variant so that those that missed out on the week he was available can still get one. I wouldn’t mind getting a version that’s not hand-painted, for example.

No figures announced but they did announce a Rash Statue by another company.

I think someone wore one on the past KI world cup?

Yeah, Ken has one, KZero has one a few people wear them.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the next 3 characters are the end of the line. It’s extremely rare for every character in a series, especially a niche one, to be made. If you look at all the SF lines, MK lines, Resident Evil lines, etc. they usually start to fizzle out around wave 2 and on occasion a wave 3 is made.

Production time is also an issue since it’s roughly a year or more from concept to in customer’s hands, and interest usually wanes during this process.

Im really surprised we didnt get any kind of show of series 2 figures. We ve seen 3 of them for at least a year or so now… Whats with the slow production rate? I also noticed that they are now being sold in Toys R Us’s as well so maybe they have taken so long because they are expanding their distribution as well as moving locations (which was reported a few months ago).

1 Like

Hi KI brothers/sisters, I’ve been out of the loop with the figures since the last month or so.
I bought all the figures at xmas during the sale, excluding Spinal.
Now I see that some pictures floating around of 2 separate versions of the electric Jago - a normal color one and a grey hair version - also I see that ultimate source online shop has gone - so for people not in the USA I wonder where we can buy figures now?
I want to buy an electric Jago and a Spinal - I am guessing Amazon is where we have to buy them now?

Nice jacket, where did you buy it?

Maybe they will be available at toys r us or something

There is not 2 versions of the electric Jago. You must be looking at a pic of the prototype verses the final released figure.
There is only 1 version and it is Jago’s color # 9.

Oh I see. That makes sense.
I think that the shop called bigbadtoystore.com is using the wrong color images of the Jago.

1 Like

That is likely. BBTS often uses prototype images until they get finalized pictures for their products, and then will still keep the prototype images up. It’s due their preordering options.

Wow…just realized this thread has been quite dead since I last visited here.
Sorry if I am asking dumb questions - Ive been out of the loop for a while.
When I go to Ultimate source homepage, it says “we’ve moved!” and they’re only selling on Amazon now.
And they are selling everything except for Spinal deluxe set - I checked Ebay and all the other places and it seems he isn’t selling anywhere - does anyone know if there are anymore available/ if ultimate source intend on making anymore?
I really want dat fruity blue color 10

There has been no official word from US about Wave 2, Spinal or anything. They had a huge blow out sale and then dead silence.
I personally think they either lost investors or wasnt able to meet sale quota and are on hiatus fro the KI line.
But until they give an official announcement everything is just speculation.

Thanks for that, yeah i remember the blowout sale because i bought all the figures cheap before christmas, then they closed the store shortly after and moved sales to Amazon.

Oh well, hopefully someone will post a sealed Spinal for 10K USD on ebay…joking, i really hope they just add the colors to the store as purchasable items.

Im pretty sure they will never add the colors to the store. Those colors are basically owned by UltSource. they decide what to do with them. thats why they give them away on twitter and other contests.
MS has no control over it from I recall speaking with Rukari…I could be totally wrong or misremembering. But if MS had control over them Im sure we would have heard something by now.

Keep an eye out on twitter and Facebook for Ultimate source’s page and Brandon from Ultra Arcade…they constantly give away US color 10s…I even won a cinder from wave 2! I already have all of Wave 1…so all I need now is Tj and Orchids color 10s

I was really hesitant when you said this before. Actually, I didn’t want to believe it. But, when I see how it has been going, it seems like everything you’ve said thus far was true. It sucks actually, but yeah… I think you’re right. Could be speculation, but with no communication, it seems true enough.

1 Like

Thanks dude! Yeah it sucks, but seems likely from a business and cash flow perspective.

Well, it’s not KI, but here’s the latest line of toys from Ultimate Source:

Who’s up for some Brain Jam? :crazy_face:

-Zenek