Two character archetypes I'd like to see in KI

Man, they’re all bad.

1 Like

Oh come on. CS was cool…right?

I asked my car-mate what his thoughts on CS are and he started shouting at me. :sweat:

1 Like

I remember Dormammu power up spells, I never played Nine, I stopped playing blazblue some time ago

Dormammu had two type of charges, Destruction and creation. He could store up to 3 spells, with different results:
1 Destruction: Small explosion(sweep range)
2 Destruction: big explosion(like two characters range)
3 Destruction: fullscreen explosion

1 Creation: One OTG spike
2 Creation: Fullscreen OTG spikes
3 Creation: Carpet that prevents jumping

Destruction + Creation: Meteor rain
2 Destruction + Creation: Larger Meteor rain
Creation + Destruction: OTG explosion into meteor rain
2 Creation + Destruction: OTG explosion into larger meteor rain

I really enjoyed setting up these. Unfortunetly, MvC3 is a really fast paced game, and all this spells worked more as combo extenders, not as space control tools. I would like to see something similar in KI

1 Like

Nine’s spells are a lot more varied than dorm’s–while the spells that are 1/2/3 of the same component are all largely the same effect, mixing and matching components gets you more wild results.

My thoughts on what spells could be good are here: http://pastebin.com/gHZcFXn3 along with all the other stuff I thought about before making the topic.

Question: is Jam from Xrd Revelator considered a spell character? She seems a very basic type of one, but she’s really interesting to watch at high level I think.

I’ve always seen her as more of an Iron Fist Character from UMVC3. High on Rushdown and Rekkas. I don’t know about Spell caster though.

She was my main! :yum:

I consider more of a stock character. Her moves don’t necessarily change like what is being suggested here as opposed to a buffed version of a move like what Jam does.

I think of more like Doctor Strange when I hear spellcaster.

That would be more like Mu-12. But yeah, moves do change depending on what glyphs are placed. At least that’s what I remember.

Jam isn’t really the same thing, if you were to make a comparison she’s more like spinal–she gathers a unique resource that powers up the specials she already has. For a spellcaster, you gather multiple different types of resources (e.g. power of the creator and power of the destructor) and the specific combination of resources gives you access to entirely new moves that you otherwise can’t do.

I don’t actually know what others call characters that use that mechanic, I say spellcaster because it makes sense to me. There aren’t all that many characters of that archetype to begin with, so…

Some more example matches.

Chaos:

Note the differences between Relius and Chaos–where relius has moves with the doll that are completely desynced from his own attacks, chaos doesn’t. He has to act with his puppet for a short time at the start of the puppet’s moves. On the other hand, chaos can manually move his puppet around, and his puppet has to be hit to disappear rather than draining a meter through attacks/over time.

1 Like

I had an idea for a puppeteer for KI some time ago. I will post it once I got time.

1 Like