Tusk shoulder attack too similar to Glacius

What do you mean “we will see soon enough” and “will see when the final product comes out”? You can clearly see and compare both animation right now.

who? I am talking about the animation, riptors charge is fine, and its more a headbutt

@DoobyDude23 they look really really similar, its pretty damn close to the same exact move, and look.

@ 28:35 he does his shoulder, and tell me its not just like glacius, except he is backward facing.

It’s not like Glacius’.

Look how Glacius is flying across the stage, shoulder first. NOTHING like Tusk’s one-step forward, slightly tilted down shoulder bash.

Well for starters, Tusk’s shoulder doesn’t go more than halfway across the screen like Glacius’ does. And no they don’t look the same. No they don’t look like they have the same animation. Not every move that’s the same has to look the same.

There we go. Tusk actually ducks so low that he goes from being about two heads taller than Jago to about a foot shorter than Jago.

3 Likes

Tusk looks like he’s a running back trying to run over a tackler… Glacius looks like he’s trying to break down a door… Two very different animations dude

They both use their shoulders in an attack.
But that is literally the only similarity between these two moves.
It’s like saying all kicks between all the characters are exactly the same, because they all use a leg to attack with.

I love how Kim’s lower kick in her ultra looks like orchids slide kick

1 Like

It looks nothing alike… Glacius pulls his shoulder back and charges in with it and keeps very straight… Tusk bends his knees and lends forward as a charge and it look more horizontal… absolutely nothing alike.

Why are you guys complaining about a shoulder tackle, it’s the basis of KI combat. A lot of character have a tackle like move. Look at Spinal or Rash and to a lesser extent Fullgore. In the end they are all pretty much the same move just animated a bit different. Am sure in the future there will be another character with a similar dash tackle, it’s pretty much the fireball for KI, something almost every character needs. I don’t know how many more ways they could animate a shoulder attack when it’s done to death.

I would have complained about something else like Shadow moves being just regular special moves but they just hit multiple times but that ship has long sailed. It is what it is.

Glacius’s shoulder is a lot closer in animation to Urien’s tackle from 3rd Strike. Don’t see the similarities in gameplay or animation to Tusk’s shoulder.

1 Like

This is really a discussion?

It may look like it (even I thought that it was initially when she 1st released), but the name of the move itself implies that it’s a hit with her shoulder. In fact, if you look at her closely, that’s exactly what she does - her head actually goes past the opponent and she shoulder checks them. :wink:

Honestly, even Cinder’s trailblazer, if you look at his pose inside of it is a shoulder rush. The whole game is filled with shoulder rushes…

Orchid and Omen both have the same slide kick.
Tons of characters have a DP type move.
Omen and Wulf have similar claw swipes.
Hisako and Thunder have hard knockdown command grabs.
Spinal and Jago both have standing overheads.

Sharing a similar move with Glacius isn’t an isolated incident.

Personally, I think a shoulder slam suits a large, heavy character quite nicely.
Shame the shadow version doesn’t pass thru projectiles. That’s such a random arbitration… ALL other horizontally moving shadow moves ignore projectiles.

1 Like

It’s true and it will take some getting used to. But Tusk can duck under the fireball and then throw his regular shoulder - so he probably doesn’t need it. He has lots going for him once he’s in that mid range.

Isn’t his shadow overhead special move projectile invulnerable? Or am I mistaking it for the exact opposite? I remember them saying something about it on stream…

He has no projectile invulnerable moves is what I just heard watching the Aria-Tusk match up on stream.

Sexy Urien. That’s all I got from that pic.

1 Like