This is why i no longer like KI

And @DoobyDude23 :

I believe it is up to the individual to decide what makes them want to play a game and whether or not certain changes made to it over the game’s lifespan changes the individual’s opinion about it.

Some people stopped playing do to the graphical changes. Some people stopped playing due to some gameplay changes. It is all up to themselves if they want or don’t want to play the game, and they shouldn’t be shamed for making that decision.

I do not always agree with some people on here, but I won’t go out of my way to point fingers at them and tell them they are wrong or stupid for having their opinions. If OP wants to stop playing the game, if he doesn’t enjoy playing it anymore, for whatever reason that might be, it is entirely his prerogative to just not play anymore.

3 Likes

I have not argued against the point you make here. Everyone is free to choose which games they like and don’t like, and I don’t care if they leave for tiny reasons like these. This person has made a video stating he does not like constant changes, but has not given any consideration to why they were made, that is spreading misinformation. That I will argue with.

5 Likes

Saying that there are constant changes are not misinformation though… because there is. However, not specifying what those are and why he doesn’t like them just makes him appear untrustworthy as a source.

I mean, why even make a video about it if you’re not going to point out what it is you don’t like, what made you stop playing the game? Then it’s more just a cry for attention, because the world doesn’t care if you (generic) play the game. However, it would be informative if you pointed out the reason why, so people can understand what is happening to the game.

THAT I can agree with.

2 Likes

If you read his post history he hasn’t liked the game for a while. He said this last year because of eyedols look. He’s just looking for attention.

He has the right to like or not to like a game or its mechanics. But let’s be honest the big boys have also changed things over time.

But he’s another one who has to announce why hes leaving or doesn’t like it. #justmoveon. #doesntneedanannouncement

5 Likes

KI isn’t the only game with these issues as we all know. Off the top of my head, the changes for select characters made in each new Blazblue are drastic. One thing that’s nice about Blazblue though is that in each new game in the series (not necessarily each version), every character gets a new move and everything else is modified but never removed except when they got rid of Noel’s j.4D :frowning:

But because all this stuff changes, everyone has to learn new combos and setups all over again each version or at least, that’s what it felt like for me being a Makoto main. I get how it can be hard to keep up with this kind of stuff though and I see why it might draw people away from a game.

I never said it wasn’t.

No.

Before people get too carried away bickering over essentially nothing- anybody can quit liking a game for any reason. “I woke up this morning and decided I didn’t like it.” So the OP is welcome to feel however he wants about the game, the changes over the course of three seasons and multiple patches.

However, these kind of vanity posts, where someone decides to dramatize their opinion (with a video!) are an invitation to people to comment on their presentation and argument. If you bother to post this, you are not content to leave. You want to convince other people that you are right to leave and it’s not just because you don’t like the game, it’s because the game is “WRONG.”

The OP hasn’t done a very good job in convincing me, for sure. I don’t have anything to add to what others have already said. I don’t care much about the competetive FGC and their likes or dislikes - especially when they are in conflict with what other fans want. We’ve had competetive players arguing against adding more content to the game since S2, for example. That’s never going to be popular.

As far as the game changing, I have not put as many hours into any single season of the game as I have into season 1. The game was new, Xbox one didn’t have a lot going on, I was excited. But I can tell you with certainty if the game hadn’t changed I wouldn’t still be playing my level 19 Glacius in ranked (and hoping to avoid somehow ending up in “jail” for no reason). The game needed to grow and with growth comes change. Always. Do I like all of the changes? No. There are things I would have done differently. Do I think S3 is the best version of the game so far? Absolutely.

As far as specific character changes, it’s true that some have changed more than others. But when Fulgore dropped, people complained about his mechanics. They changed him and people complained. They changed him again and people still complain. So the idea that keeping things the same makes people happy is demonstrably false. If the only reason you want to play the game is because of your love of S1 Fulgore, then yeah. Feel free to leave and I hope you have fun somewhere else.

3 Likes

If you dont want to play Ki, do that alone in your room, whats the point to come to the forums to purge your views to drag others into useless endless arguments. Close this dumb thread plz

Then I misunderstood your post, but that’s most likely because I read posts on the internet in a rather cynical and sarcastic tone. XD
So that’s how I read yours as.

A lot of you have already said what I was thinking, the reasoning behind my one word response was in reaction to the OP, both the information given in the thread and also in the video in regards to not liking KI anymore, which, suffice to say, is not much at all.

I haven’t read or seen one well thought out, constructive point in the original post nor in the video, aside from “the game has new mechanics that I don’t like” well then, which ones? Just all the mechanics they have ever changed/introduced to KI? Try providing some constructive criticism for your argument instead of just trying to ruffle feathers with a flimsily constructed video that explains absolutely nothing in it’s entire 12 minute run time.

Also again tournament players do not speak for all players and make up a very small percentile of the player base and not everyone that plays has the desire to stream.

So, in response to the “valid” points that (were not really) bought up in the OP and video, TL;DR

No.

1 Like

Pick apart @anon39655210 all you want but that is still a legit reason.

In fact any reason for not liking a game, no matter how big or small, Is still a legit reason.

For example:

I don’t play Assassin’s Creed anymore because Simply I didn’t like the controls.

I have no interest in The Last guardian because it don’t like Trico’s design

And I Can’t play DOOM because of the fast gameplay style.

There can be many reasons for not liking game. And we can agree or disagree or both.

But at the end of the day we just want a game that we will enjoy.

3 Likes

The opening argument of “KI is on the Saturday schedule of EVO so its on its way out to the grave.”… is Fn ridiculous. I could care less what EVO does, thinks, schedules, and all their little fan boys.

EVO does not rule the gaming world.

I didnt even watch beyond that point because this guy is just seeking attention. Leave, dont come back… go play SF5 and have fun on your EVO Sunday.

And BTW those big names you dropped that used to play S1 and left and you dont understand why they left?.. they left because they got their ■■■ kicked and didnt want to take the time to learn the game on a high enough level to retain their top SF “Im a big name level”… they tucked tail because they couldn’t hang so they went back to what they knew best. Jab jab DP repeat.

3 Likes

Yes this is the reason… this Forum though. One reason why i barely post anything on here. Defend without a reason to defend.

Couldnt agree more! MKX had numerous “hidden” type frame data changes. If you didnt keep up with the MKX forums and patch streams you wouldn’t have a clue what changed and who changed. And on top of that 3 characters within a character with 3 sets of changes!

I love MKX but ■■■■, its much much harder to follow and maintain than any other Fgame.

People stop playing games because they are frustrated that they aren’t winning…bottom line. If you loose everytime you play, well most likely you arent going to continue playing for very long… OP probably lost and got knocked back down to bronze LOL

Yes, it’s a outrageous for people to express their enthusiasm for and satisfaction with the game and to argue with someone who posts an antagonistic video. The Killer Instinct forum would be much better if everybody here hated the game. And even better if they just parroted what tournament players say.

It’s okay, you always have the Facebook page.

Do you ever think for a second about the irony that you have just posted “this forum sucks” on a forum. Smh

8 Likes

Could you expand on that a little bit? I’m not sure what you mean by “defend without a reason to defend.” Either way, sorry you don’t feel compelled to post here.

Yeah and I agree with that sentiment. I can try to disprove OP’s issues with the game all I want, but they’re still his opinion and he’s more than entitled to it. I completely respect that, even if I don’t come off that way. Lord knows I’ve left games for less, I’m sure. :slight_smile:

I guess I just don’t really see the compulsion for announcing to the world that you’re leaving and then providing nothing more than a 12 minute video where the person speaking basically repeats the same “too many mechanics” idea over and over again.

I heard an appeal to nostalgia, fear of change, and relatively hypocritical comparisons to SF and MK, who unsurprisingly get a free pass. Now, I say “fear of change,” because when the video doesn’t drill down to specifics, what other impression am I supposed to get?

The whole vibe seemed like “I liked KI when it was simpler.” Okay, that’s fine. Totally fine. But if that’s the case, then use some of that twelve minutes you just took from my life to explain what parts are too complicated. Talk about specific characters. Form an argument. Support it with facts beyond KI’s EVO seating.

Again, if you’re leaving the game for any reason, that’s totally fine. But when you’re making a video that beats up on a game that’s never been horribly popular to begin with and using that lack of popularity in the discerning (okay, snooty) world of the FGC as support for your personal issues with the game, implying them as THE reasons why it’s not more popular, well… I think that’s a low blow, especially when you constantly repeat your thesis while never bothering to support it. Again, for twelve minutes.

Agreed. The video could’ve been an informative piece of feedback that really encapsulated the negativity surrounding post season one that some have, but there’s no information in it. The fact that the person says they haven’t been paying attention as much in S2 and even less in S3 tells me that they don’t have that information, otherwise why not present it in any part of that video?

I’ll never understand the part of the FGC that looks only to tourney players and streamers as indicators of which games are popular or worthwhile and which ones aren’t. To me, it almost implies a need in some to be led by others, and a desire to have their opinion determined for them.

Maybe that’s a bit of an oversimplification (and maybe it’s a little reverse snobbery on my part, though I don’t intend it), but I still can’t shake the feeling of herd mentality whenever I hear someone refer to such a small group of people as being more indicative of anything then they actually are in reality. It’s almost as if I’m hearing someone else’s words come out of their mouth.

And see this is what I don’t understand. Why does KI get singled out with this sort of “things were better in the old days” stuff while games like SFV and MKX don’t?

Don’t get me wrong, I know that fans get ■■■■■■ about changes in those games too. No question. But is the “that’s it, I’m leaving” mentality there? Because I don’t seem to see it as much for those disgruntled fans when compared to the more disgruntled KI fans.

I dunno. Maybe they think they matter in the KI world more because there are less fans, whereas randoguy69 leaving SF doesn’t exactly cause much of a stir? I dunno. I don’t really get it, myself.

I think adapting to new mechanics is fun. Seeing what you can do now that you couldn’t do before. If you’re a pro player, I can sympathize with the frustration that comes from having to relearn something you’ve put so many hours in to.

But for the other 99.5% of the people playing with this game? Why not use it as a chance to rediscover your character and have fun with it? Isn’t that what we’re here for, mainly?

That’s a key point. Tough to say whether the OP thinks that or not, but that’s more or less the implication. I always wonder if these big, dramatic exits are people’s way of saying “I don’t like what this game has become, so I’m out,” or if there’s also a sort of “I’m leaving, and here’s why you should leave too / who’s with me?” vibe in there as well.

Either way, as you say, the OP hasn’t done a good job of convincing me. Had this game not evolved over the last three years, not only with more content (new characters, modes, etc) and in constantly evolving the older characters and keeping them fresh, but also keeping the overall gameplay fresh… I don’t know that I’d be here either.

So when I see someone questioning that evolution in any way, it makes me want to know more. What are your problems specifically? Tell me your issues one by one, character by character, change by change. Lay as much out for me as you feel comfortable with.

Instead, I heard a lot of “mechanics, amirite?” and “ridiculousness / crazy / Marvel.” It all started to sound like “I liked KI back in season one when the game… And times, were simpler. Heh, back then, a man could make an honest living, put food on the table for his family, all by walking uphill both ways in the snow to get a devastation beam that was much more hype then you kids have these days.”

Personally, I don’t get a whole lot out of that argument, but maybe that’s just because I love what KI’s evolved in to and I look forward to seeing it evolve more as time goes on. I get letting something breathe, but if we’re talking about keeping things the way they were in season one, that feels more like stagnation to me given that we’re two years removed from season one.

3 Likes

It is kind of weird seeing this thread get so much attention. I mean I get the sentiment of the thread, but…nobody here has heard of AcidGlow?

AcidGlow has been around since S1. He was a Jago main, who played with the Shadow Jago skin mostly. He LOVED the game at first, making YT vids early on, but started not liking the game sometime around when S2 rolled around, after DH left the project, but also IRL he had some stuff going on (he’s got plenty of YT vids about this). I’m sure some of the changes got under his skin, but that doesn’t / shouldn’t erase the fact that he was asking for nerfs / buffs as well (general changes). I think it just boils down to things didn’t change the way he wanted them to. A lot of his YT stuff is sort of jaded in that way.

On the topic of this specific video, people can not like a game for changing, but honestly that is mostly just tournament players (FYI: AcidGlow isn’t a tourney level player, and has never been to a major tournament). Most people who play KI (or any FG really) barely even notice the changes as they happen unless they are monumental shifts. That being said, if you like KI and want to compete in it, I think adaptation is the least that can be asked of you. Sure consistency is important, but IMO there is a fine line between that and stagnation.

Furthermore, IG is the BEST at explaining their reasons for making the changes they do. They don’t just do something for the sake of doing it, and beyond that, they most definitely take into account community feed back. KI is the only game I’ve played where my ideas are, or at least feel like they are, being taken into account. IMO, those who leave the / a game over changes like the seasonal ones done in KI, are the ones who aren’t plugged in, following the reasoning, or actually a part of the community. Does that mean there feed back isn’t as important? No. But I think that fact should weigh in on the discussion.

1 Like

I’m not really sure why half this thread is basically tearing apart the video. It was a calm, collected, constructive, and not at all hate filled video. Yes there are some flaws in his reasoning but it’s not like he even comes to these forums to see your arguments.