"This app will not work on your device," says the Windows Store. "BS," says my desktop

So, yesterday I got up bright and early to start downloading Killer Instinct after spending the previous day upgrading to Windows 10, and then patching it with the November update. I happily open the store and start to get a sinking feeling when I can’t actually FIND Killer Instinct. A Google search and link from this site later, I get to the store page only to see a greyed out box and the irritatingly unhelpful message, “this app will not work on your device.”

I’m running 64-bit Windows 10 (build 1151) on a custom gaming PC. Intel Core i5-4590, EVGA GTX 960 2GB, 10GB RAM, broadband internet. MORE than enough to run this game. Can You Run It? confirms as much. I also can’t download Gears of War or Rise of the Tomb Raider, a game that I own on Steam and run at nearly maxed settings without issue. “This app will not work on your device.” Right. Microsoft’s “help desk” was beyond worthless and even a full reinstall of Windows didn’t fix the issue. Even weirder, my Walmart special laptop that’s several years old and way underpowered to run KI even at minimum spec CAN download it from the App Store. I am officially out of ideas. If anyone has heard of this or has any ideas what may be causing it, I will straight up carve a statue of you out of granite with my bare hands.

I’ve had Windows 10 for a little over a day and already I want to throw this computer into the sea.

I’m having the same problem right now. Did you find a solution?